Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think my mom would be my role model, she's strong, she made it through the divorce without breaking down, she's highly tolerant and very determined.
My cousin as well and my gr 6 teacher.
It used to be Mana. He's achieved some of what I want to achieve (kickass goth band with some pretty loyal fans, respected clothing and accessory stores, looks amazing in the style I love -looks like me sometimes and it freaks me out-), and we're alike in many many ways (down to favorite food). But now, he's not making much music and his clothing store is losing stores...it just makes me wonder what went wrong. Its sad, really. I say "used to be" because I don't want to turn out like him.
Albion Towers
LizzieLiz
Because I said that my role model was God...and everybody seems to hate God.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I consider myself a heretic, and even I was disturbed by that. ... We might have different views, but thank you for saying what you believe in. Anyone who flames you for putting god as your role model is a fool.

Really, I'm glad to see there are people who put so much value in their faith, odd as that may sound. (=
What does Heretic mean? I'm too lazy to go to Dictionary.com.
LizzieLiz

I'll probably be flamed for /this/ .. =P ..

"A Christian who holds beliefs which are contrary to what the Church teaches."
Fred Stainer: My grandfather...he meant a lot to me, and was a badass even in his 60's. He found humor in absolutely everything, even death...

Warren Buffet: He struck it rich with his investment prowess....

Waqas Shafi: A kid at school who has a life ((He has lots of friends, goes to all sorts of popular parties, snowboards frequently, goes camping and on hiking adventures, etc....))

Casanova: He was an expert at seducing beautiful women and charming men...
Albion Towers
LizzieLiz

I'll probably be flamed for /this/ .. =P ..

"A Christian who holds beliefs which are contrary to what the Church teaches."
Why will you be flamed for this?
xD look up Contrary while you have your dictionary. I know what it means but not exactly, haha.

"A Christian who holds beliefs which are different to what the church teaches."?

As long as the Christian believes in Jesus and that he died for each and every one of us so that if we believe in him we will have eternal life in heaven with him--and that he rose. As long as they have their faith in Christ and Christ is their Lord and Saviour, that's really all that matters. It doesn't matter if other stuff is different with what you believe. :]
LizzieLiz
xD look up Contrary while you have your dictionary. I know what it means but not exactly, haha.

"A Christian who holds beliefs which are different to what the church teaches."?

As long as the Christian believes in Jesus and that he died for each and every one of us so that if we believe in him we will have eternal life in heaven with him--and that he rose. As long as they have their faith in Christ and Christ is their Lord and Saviour, that's really all that matters. It doesn't matter if other stuff is different with what you believe. :]

Well, it's like this.. it's a negative thing. When the catholic church split and we got protestantism, the catholics considered the protestants heretics. Protestants, likewise, considered the corrupt catholics of the time heretics. Usually people with heretical view don't admit to having one as what is "heretical" is based on the church laws the stray from, but, I'm a rebel like that. =P

That said, my beliefs are.. made of my own fashion, I do believe, but not to the "acceptable" extent if you know what I mean. I believe, but fully..? No. How not? .. Unsure of that. I suppose I'm /slightly/ agnostic in that sense.. Hm I do know that I disagree with most of what the church. I find it outdated. (I'm a catholic D; )

We're getting off topic though. =)
Lt. Col. Robert Cole WHAT A BADASS!
Paul Jensen Chillest dude I know...
Jesus I do just think he was some guy, but he is still a saint...
Rob Such nice photos....
Salem The one who did end up changing their name... And all around a cool cat...
Ting Thing So inspirational =')
Huy Khung .... nevermind...
Rizzo Do what you want man, you're cool enough to get away with it wink
the list goes on....
Albion Towers
LizzieLiz

Well, it's like this.. it's a negative thing. When the catholic church split and we got protestantism, the catholics considered the protestants heretics. Protestants, likewise, considered the corrupt catholics of the time heretics. Usually people with heretical view don't admit to having one as what is "heretical" is based on the church laws the stray from, but, I'm a rebel like that. =P

That said, my beliefs are.. made of my own fashion, I do believe, but not to the "acceptable" extent if you know what I mean. I believe, but fully..? No. How not? .. Unsure of that. I suppose I'm /slightly/ agnostic in that sense.. Hm I do know that I disagree with most of what the church. I find it outdated. (I'm a catholic D; )

We're getting off topic though. =)
Your first paragraph made no sense to me whatsoever. :]

So you believe but not really, you believe but you don't show it?

There are a few things that I don't necessarily agree with for what sometimes a church will say--but not much. I don't go for what a church says, though, I follow what Gods word says. Churches don't get you to heaven--Faith in Christ does.

Okay. :]
My mom, because she's the most beautiful & strongest women I know.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff