Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Explorer

Did you ever go through a phase in your younger years?

Do you look back and say "Wow what was I thinking"?

Have you realized which was once a phase is your actual style/personality?

Do you think your mindset was different during your phase than your actual personality?

Feel free to post pictures from your phases and be embarrassed together! heart

-------

I for one was "goth" from 5th grade to 6th grade. I actually had no idea what goth was but thought it was cool. I basically just wore black all the time. My Mom even bought me platform boots and Tripp pants (when I was 12, lol).

When I was in 7th-9th grade I was "scene". I only listened to BOTDF (when I hear them now I want to blow my brains out) and Jeffree Star. A lot of people either said they liked my style or that I looked stupid. One girl in 9th grade asked if my coontails were natural, I literally lol'd.

Finally in 10th grade I had a very short lived "Tumblr girl" phase where I only wore pastel clothes and has REALLY long extensions. Lots of piercings too.

When I look back I almost cringe. I was having fun in my phases though and get that most people have them. I also found certain aspects of different styles I liked, like tattoos and piercings and oddly-dyed hair.

Here's my embarrassing Myspace pic from 7th grade!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And my Tumblr girl phase (just found this again omg)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
There was a point where I developed an intense, morbid fascination with death. I guess that was probably my way of accepting it.

Shirtless Explorer

Raven Winter
There was a point where I developed an intense, morbid fascination with death. I guess that was probably my way of accepting it.

I thought a lot of people went through that.

I recall a boy in elementary school having a panic attack because he didn't want to die. It was very sudden. We were playing at recess and he randomly started screaming about death. Very odd...

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Maxxxipad
Raven Winter

I recall a boy in elementary school having a panic attack because he didn't want to die. It was very sudden. We were playing at recess and he randomly started screaming about death. Very odd...

I took it pretty far.

Shirtless Explorer

Raven Winter
Maxxxipad
Raven Winter

I took it pretty far.

Like what…? eek
I don't remember when I passed through each phase but I know at some point in middle school I tried so hard to be a "skater chick" or whatever sweatdrop keep in mind I couldn't skate for s**t.
In 9th grade I was always decked in Hollister, Abercrombie&F, and a bunch of other expensive plain s**t.
10th grade I always had some intricate pattern on my clothing. I mainly shopped on online sites that nobody knew about lol
11th I went for boho.... or borderline hobo hippie.
Ever since then I just said f it and I wear whatever keeps me from being naked lol

Shirtless Explorer

Piper Rayner
I don't remember when I passed through each phase but I know at some point in middle school I tried so hard to be a "skater chick" or whatever sweatdrop keep in mind I couldn't skate for s**t.
In 9th grade I was always decked in Hollister, Abercrombie&F, and a bunch of other expensive plain s**t.
10th grade I always had some intricate pattern on my clothing. I mainly shopped on online sites that nobody knew about lol
11th I went for boho.... or borderline hobo hippie.
Ever since then I just said f it and I wear whatever keeps me from being naked lol

Lol that's what I came to… I usually wear PJs in public. YES IM THAT PERSON.

I think I tried to be a skater in elementary school. I recall walking to school with a skateboard and getting yelled at by my teacher for putting it in my locker sweatdrop

Tipsy Prophet

Prior to middle school I wore whatever I could find at the thrift store that wasn't meant for an old lady. Jeans, meaningless t-shirts, nothing fancy. Then I went through this punk thing which turned to goth in varying degrees and has stuck. Right now, I'm really in to dresses. Particularly sort of 50's style dresses in Halloween fabric (mostly). I just finished making one the other day which has lace and ribbon and it's adorable! Next thing I'm going to make is a corset skirt. They are fantastic, but patterns are hard impossible to find, so I kind of have to make my own and wing it.

Magical Tree

LOL I forgot myspace even existed. eek

When I was in elementary school, I was a tomboy. I had short hair. I refused to wear skirts, and even preferred to wear sweat pants. I found jeans too uncomfortable. My mom was beside herself. She didn't care so much that I was a tomboy, but that I wouldn't wear a skirt to church... and let me tell you - church people have this mean, shallow streak... somehow what you wear to church matters in the grand cosmic scheme. (said Jesus, never.)

In middle school, I was typical. I liked boy bands. I wasn't prissy, but I wasn't as bad as I was before.

I think I dressed pretty much like the times I grew up in.

Oh, but when I was 18 I dyed my hair red. biggrin A few years later, that color was very popular. rofl

Invisible Lunatic

I never had any really intense phases where I went crazy and died my hair. I had a more goth/rocker/punk phase. But that was fairly tame.

Invisible Lunatic

Also, you're really hot.

emotion_dowant

Chantilly Bunny's Partner

Shy Kitten

13,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
I feel like I wanted to go through phases more than I actually went through phases. I just dabbled in different "genres" because they seemed cool, but I never fit in there.

I remember those stupid plastic bracelets (what were they? Jelly bracelets?) that people would wear like 100 at a time on one arm. I had some glow in the dark ones that were pretty cool, but I think I only ever wore like 5 at a time. I was interested in the goth/"emo" crowd in middle school, but I didn't wear makeup and I never dyed my hair. The most I did was buy those arm warmers.

I think there were two reasons why I never got really into them: 1) I thought buying all that crap was pointless, and 2) I didn't feel like my body belonged. I was and have always been fat, and most clothes just don't look good on my body.4

There was also the "gaming" phase that followed shortly thereafter (actually, it had begun a few years prior), but I don't think I ever grew out of that one. wink

Trash Garbage

i went through a skater, goth and weaboo phase.
            ugh. the shame!

Magical Bunny

In the 6th grade I was "gansta".

From 7th-9th grade I was emo/goth.

11th-12th grade I was a "hipster".

Now, I wear whatever the hell I want.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers