Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think?

it's great that people can use make up to be more confident 0.51063829787234 51.1% [ 48 ]
it's okay 0.34042553191489 34.0% [ 32 ]
ew 0.1063829787234 10.6% [ 10 ]
wtf 0.042553191489362 4.3% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I don't wear it everyday, but I do like makeup. My ex told me that it was pretty nice in the fact that you could obviously tell when I was dressing up since I don't normally do my makeup.

I think makeup is a tool for people to use to help make themselves feel more confident. Anyone that's really against it I think are pretty pretentious.
Ever notice how women will say that makeup boosts their confidence, but they will NEVER explain why? It's because they want to be looked at as a sexual object. Women are the only ones treating themselves like that's all they are worth. Cosmetics are skyrocketing while fatherless homes are also on the rise. Anyone else notice the pattern? Women are sluts.

Destitute Smoker

3,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Wall Street 200
Jason0690

Sometimes I am also asked if I haven't been sleeping well because I have permanent purpley-blue allergy shiners paired with darkly pigmented eyelids.
ugh same, it always looks like i have black eyes, but then one time i used concealer to fix it, and i actually hated the way it looked. it's just a part of my face and i look damn strange w/o my "black eyes"

Destitute Smoker

3,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Wall Street 200
SamaSenseiSenpai
Ever notice how women will say that makeup boosts their confidence, but they will NEVER explain why? It's because they want to be looked at as a sexual object. Women are the only ones treating themselves like that's all they are worth. Cosmetics are skyrocketing while fatherless homes are also on the rise. Anyone else notice the pattern? Women are sluts.
god i know, disgusting.

but tbh if i wear makeup too often my eyelids get mad @ me crying it hurts.

Bashful Bookworm

My opinion on it?
I really don't care.
I don't because I'm not willing to wake up that much earlier just for makeup every day.
But if other people are? All the power to 'em.

Interesting Businesswoman

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
MiameMiame
klein_eine
Sure. Wear make up every day if you have anywhere to go or a regular job.
I'm a stay at home mom. Most of the make up I own I've had since I started wearing make up when I was like 16. Holy crap that was ten years ago!! (I just turned 26 recently and yes I'm going to buy new stuff when I have the money)

Now if I go outside at all, I put some sun screen bb cream stuff on my face to make the color look more even on my face. I prefer to look natural. IT WAS HILARIOUS to get the cream because the lady that was helping me was just like 'you know when people say whiter than a sheet of paper that's be your skin tone' lol. Yeah I'm really pale. Get over it. I don't want to or need to get a tan.... I don't want skin cancer, thanks. (I'm not implying that if you go outside you will get skin cancer. I have a higher risk of getting skin cancer because health problems.)
Maybe it's best to throw it away when it's 10 years old xD.

I used to wear make-up for the longest of time and if I allowed myself to have a 'day off' people were wondering if I was sick rofl

I was like that too. Most of the make up I wear now was bought with in the last 3 years. I just don't wear it often with staying home all the time. Within the next year or so I plan to go to college so I'm going to toss everything in the trash and buy everything again. I mean make up doesn't have even a 5 year shelf life lol.

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

I wear makeup anytime I go anywhere. My skin is really uneven and I have a scar near my eye from a dog bite so I feel prettier when I wear it. The scar is just small now and barely noticeable but I still know it's there, haha.
I don't really care if other girls do or don't, I just like how I feel when I wear it.
My fiance doesn't care one way or the other, if I do or don't, so that's cool. I never feel like I need to impress anyone by doing it.

User Image

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
When I was in high school I woke up two hours early to do the hair and makeup thing.
My mom calls it "war paint" lol.

Anyway I did the works...
Base, eye shadow/liner, mascara, lip liner, lip stick/gloss, glitter, fake lashes, bronzer...
Perfume...
I wore a lot.

I always said that I'd pay a lot of money to look cheap. sweatdrop

Now out of school, I stay home a lot.
I only put on eye liner if I go out.

I just don't care anymore.
I'm lazy.

Occasionally I'll do the works but it's only a few times a month.

Magic Stylist

I use it everytime I go out, I like to make up it's not different than picking up your clothes to make you look good. It's not that I look bad without it, but if I can look even better why not? Plus I enjoy it, just like I love painting my nails.
If you like wearing it, that's fine, but here come my opinions, which ya might not like if you're really into makeup.

So, I don't like it, as you mighta figured from that. Whenever I wear it I end up both paranoid that the makeup's running/smudging/etc, and uncomfortable because I feel like I'm pretending to be something I know I'm not, wearing a mask of sorts. Discomfort is not a thing that suits me - I've been told many times by even the most imperceptive people that I'm an open book - so it's easiest to avoid things that make me feel that way.

Also, it seems like a lot of girls who regularly wear a 'face' of makeup look really rather sick when it's not there. I've watched girls come into college, looking totally ill, and then sit down and calmly put on makeup, and end up looking their variation of normal. It seems to me if extended day-to-day use can kill your complexion like that - I'm guessing it's the makeup and not just their complexions since it's happened on a LOT of folk I know - then it might not be best for me to start with it.

Cuddly Wolf

20,050 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • OTP 200
I mean it's fine if it gives you confidence and you like doing it. I just don't have the time, want, or need to do it every single day. Hell, I barely do it if I need to look presentable.

If I'm just waking up to go to college, go to my job, and then home, I'm not gonna do it.
I only wear concealer (dark under eyes), eyeliner, and mascara.

Tipsy Ladykiller

3,500 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
SamaSenseiSenpai
Wow. emotion_eyebrow

Dabbler

Jason0690
On another note though - it's nigh impossible for me to wear lipstick(stain, tar, gloss) and not have it be obvious that I am wearing some.
It's supposed to be non-obvious? What's the point then?

Interesting Genius

it's your face, do whatever you want.

I wear makeup most day, and it's ranges from liner and mascara to full face of makeup and false lashes depending on how I'm feeling.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff