Welcome to Gaia! ::

No point sticking to one gender? i'll probably get hatemail for this but gotta try everything once right wink
kinkichu
No point sticking to one gender? i'll probably get hatemail for this but gotta try everything once right wink

User Image
that a good way to think
don't knock it til you try it right?
i will try almost anything once
User Image

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Not all teenagers are gay, I'm engaged to a man xd

Though alot of teens who do anything arty or media related seem to be gay/lez/bi.
I'm bi. But I'm in a strong relationship with a guy right now. I prefer guys, obviously. But I love a woman every now and then. I'm very picky when it comes to girls. And I'm not the one out there prancing around yelling about being bi. I keep it to myself most of the time because in my town, if you're even CLOSE to gay, it's awful. I live in the Bible Belt. It's fun...
LadyGlamSlam
In my high school, all we got were whispers. (I went to an all girl school.) You took a shot and assumed who was a lesbian or bi and left it at that. It was like...once you came out, you were a leper or something. The school counselors and the principal and everyone else wanted to "chat" with you about the immoral behavior. The other students would always have some s**t to say about you.

Ugh. The story of my life. I went through hell in high school concealing myself. I just thank God those superficial rich girls were more interested in coture and handbags and boys than being bi. College was pretty hush hush too. I'd say the only place where I've seen it turn into a trend is here. You have the confused little girls offering cyber sex for other girls. You question them, and suddenly you're a 'big fat black dyke" because you've gone and questioned them and their powerful sexuality. lol

I have to laugh at that but also feel really bad for the people (such as myself) who truly are bi but get overshadowed (awfully silly at my age, though...) by people who feel the need to state their preference every post. It's a trend like a new set of shoes to put on, almost. I can't say it's a teen thing, though. I've seen people my age claiming it up and down. Then, they have to advertise their pride with a million decorations like their post bubble is a race car. Honestly, I've discussed myself in maybe 5 or 6 threads. I honestly cannot lie about myself. I look at very pretty women with admiration. I do the same for attractive men. However, I have also had intercourse with both.
I hate to see it be called a trend, but, just like other aspects of society and people's sexuality, you've got folks pretending to be in and accepted. I stopped doing that my senior year of high school. People either really like me or just can't stand me.
Basically, it HAS become a trend to those faking. Whether people believe or not. It's a shame because it's not something that can be manipulated like that. It SHOULDN'T be.

i really agree with you i think it makes it harder for those who really are bi/gay to be accepted it makes them seem fake even when their not. people should jut be who they are and everything would be better, but i know that isnt possible unfortunatly because that would make life easy.

Feral Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I'm bi... I'm attracted to men but could never hold a relationship with one... so I prefer girls... I do however refer to my girlfriend as just my fiancee since a lot of people on Gaia react kinda eh about it... they either are like, oh my god your a lesbian pics! or your a lesbian and therfore a sinner and deserve to die and go to hell... so I prefer to keep my personal life ambiguous...
Some are really bi. But others just do it so guys think they're sexy. It's really annoying actually.
i think by trend it just a state untild you decide what you want or at least what makes you happy, for example im gay because i like men but if someday a girl make me feel complete ill be more than happy try to find love with that person. Besides by people sometimes tend to not be label by other people. it about attitude and the confidence level of each person.

xoxoxoxoxoxo
RORRITO
8bit Pulses
They're called emo kids/goths.

What's wrong with just being straight D=
Guy + Girl = Baby.
Guy + Guy = Mess.
Girl + Girl = Mess.

I'm not Christian, or homophobic, but I don't see the point in same-sex relationships.

Hello Mr. Homophobe.
It's because they're in love.
And if something like gender gets in your way of seeing that, you certainly have a problem.
A.Dream.Within.A.Dream.
8bit Pulses

Guy + Girl = Baby.
Guy + Guy = Mess.
Girl + Girl = Mess.

I'm not Christian, or homophobic, but I don't see the point in same-sex relationships.

Hello Mr. Homophobe.
And if something like gender gets in your way of seeing that, you certainly have a problem.

i agree with you, he dosent have to like it but dont put others down just because you dont agree with their chioces in who they like.
` [N] e v e r m o r e
I've noticed it.
I'm bi, and I have known that I'm bit for like 4 years now, and I've never told anyone.
As soon as I told my friends, they all 'became' bi.
It's actually rather rude, like they're making it up to be a game or something, but it's not, it's who I really am.
Especially the girls, they're mostly all poser-bisexuals.

Yeah, same thing with me. I've known it and when I told some of my friends they just started saying. "oh yeah, I am too, I've just been hiding it..." and stuff. So messed up.
pure4torture
A.Dream.Within.A.Dream.
8bit Pulses

Guy + Girl = Baby.
Guy + Guy = Mess.
Girl + Girl = Mess.

Hello Mr. Homophobe.

i agree with you, he dosent have to like it but dont put others down just because you dont agree with their chioces in who they like.

Exactly.
My four theories on the issue:

* Coming out to friends/parents as "bisexual" rather than "homosexual" can be easier to swallow -- there's still the whole possibility that they can find the "right" person of opposite gender and have children. This may be a step on the path of actually admitting to parents that they are homosexual: having given them the idea for a couple of years that their son/daughter likes people of the same gender, it can be more "acceptable" for them to later say that "I'm not sure I like people of the opposite gender any more, I think I might be gay" and potentially not have such a backlash that coming out as homosexual in the teenage years may have.

* Teenagers' hormones are all over the place, and what may seem to be a sexual attraction to the same gender is a fluctuation in hormones, which become controlled once the twenties are hit, and they become heterosexual; alternatively, their attraction to the opposite gender is a fluctuation in hormones, and when they hit their twenties, become homosexual.

* It's the "in" thing to be nowadays and can generate a lot of interest from boys -- the stereotypical male fantasy of himself with two (presumably bisexual) women.

* Both homosexuality and bisexuality are now seen as normal rather than the sexual "deviances" they were in the past; as such, more people feel comfortable with "coming out" as homosexual or bisexual as opposed to hiding it.
yea I've noticed, I'm bi, but people at my school just do it for the popularity and it makes me angry that i cant find a good partner, and if ur staight t my school u have to hate the bi and gays
maybe people are just bi. Why's it have to be a trend? Maybe the girls do like other girls. I mean a lot of girls already find other girls attractive, why's it have to be for male attention? Just let it be. People are people...and you can fall for someone because of who they are not what they are.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff