Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Prophet

I know I swear worse than a sailor.

It all depends on the environment. If I'm in a nice restaurant there's little to no chance of me swearing, or in public places in general.

Bunny

It's okay to swear depending on the place and who's around. You shouldn't go swearing around children, they'll pick up on that. I only swear a bit throughout the day, it depends.

Hygienic Wolf

I use to be carefully of swearing now I just don't give a ********.

Big Member

10,675 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Brandisher 100
I swear where it's appropriate. There's a time and place for everything.

Gekko

I hardly ever swear. I don't use the "bad" words on a daily basis. This doesn't mean I don't use them. they occasionally come out when i'm playing a game and i can't pass a certain mission or level.
I swear time to time but not really a lot. But i don't really care for the people who do it.

Invisible Gekko

9,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
******** kids, not like that you pervs, I will tell those ******** kids to ******** off and get off my ******** lawn. When they tell their s**t for brains ******** goddamn parents and those ******** want to confront me I tell them to ******** off. When the ******** popo comes to my door I tell them to ******** off. When they ******** ******** send me to ******** jail I tell all those ******** up in there to ******** off. When those c**k sucking ******** beat the s**t out of me I tell them that they are c**t a** ******** bitches. When the ******** a** muncher doctor tells me i'm dead I tell that ******** that he can eat my ******** c**k up his a**. When I went to the ******** pearly gates and Saint s**t for brains whatever his ******** name was I told that b***h a** ******** to go suck God's holy d**k of ********. When I was sent to hell I told that b***h Satan to pull down those ******** trousers so I could ram my ******** d**k up his black hole of an a**. Finally, when I was returned to this worse than hell ******** plane of ******** existence, I typed this ******** message on this ******** site so I could ******** explain to you ********, that I do not much care for swearing.

Shy Conversationalist

It depends on the situation. In casual conversation, I don't mind swearing at all. I swear quite a lot, myself, perhaps more than I should. But I do censor myself based on the situation. I only swear a lot around my fiance, who also swears a lot, and my close friends. I swear a moderate amount on the internet. I swear very little around my parents and casual acquaintances. I won't swear at all around strangers or superiors.

Vicious Reveler

I swear a bit too much, though not so much as some. It's not directed at people, and not usually in anger, they just sort of crept into my speech as a little habit and I don't notice them enough to be able to stop them. I've been in environments where swearing happens all the time, so it's been normalized with me to some extent.

I's been so long since I've been in situations where I needed to self censor that I actually find it a bit tricky to turn off, mostly because I don't realise I'm doing it in time.

I don't think it's a great habit. I know a lot of words, I feel like I should use those instead of the swear words. But what's in my brain and what comes out of my mouth don't always match up. If I get nervous when I talk, then I fall back to the default, the easy things to say to fill the gaps and those swear words come out because they're what I'm used to. It's not terribly bad, it's not like every second word is ********, but it's noticeable.

Unbeatable Survivor

Actually apparently if you swear when you hurt yourself, it relieves some of the pain, so I doubt swearing making you feel less stress is imagined.

What is your opinion on swearing? It's just like any other word. I think people saying swearing is wrong [Even when I was Christian] is a stupid concept. The meaning of each word isn't ill, so swearing is just the same as any other word, just like using words to hurt someone is bad, regardless of what the word is.
How much do you swear on a daily basis? Like a ******** sailor.
Do you ever censor yourself? Around kids [Well, in the sense that if they're right next to me. I don't actively look for kids] and around my parents. I don't even live with them, but it seems weird to swear around them.

Oh, and at work.

Original Shoujo

I don't swear.
The way you talk speaks of your character in many ways. you don't have to swear to be rude but swearing is one of the ugliest things you can do with language. it's always aggressive, even if you say it's a joke. in that case, idt's an aggressive joke.
it's not kind or considerate and most of all, excessive swearing speaks of lower social status. marketing jobs are a brand new line of job but who really considers a marketing executive swearing like a pig grunts upper class? Something like that are like the newly rich.they might have the money but they don't have the class.
Swearing with a specific purpose and accurate consideration of appropriateness doesn't automatically make you sound uncivilized if used sparingly with a keen mind and understanding of the power of words. Swearing all the time does. It speaks volumes of your character when you don't even have the most basic control over your own words.
meh. i try not to swear AT people. i swear about things, though.

i don't swear around my mom because she gets really offended.

Original Gaian

I do not swear unless its something so bad it enrages me to a point of no self control, which is rare and happen twice to date.
My opinion on swearing is people shouldn't do it.
I think people who swear all the time are people with lower than average intelligence and have a very small vocabulary.
Out of respect I try not to swear around children or interviews and the like. But I don't see anything wrong with swearing in a casual sense.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I swear a lot at home and with friends, but never at work.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff