Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hellraiser

pallbearer
A cabin would be fine but honestly there is nothing appealing about sleeping on rocks and mud in a shabby plastic structure, getting eaten alive by bugs and using a pine tree as a toilet. :/

Yep, tents suck.
And pissing in the bush, is not fun at all.
But it's what I grew up with and won't disagree if someone says that sleeping on rocks and nowhere to shower sucks because it truly does sometimes.

Hellraiser

Toki Bird
ectogasm
Toki Bird
As pretty as that is, I really hate camping.
I used to go when I was younger, we went to lakes in my home area (Ruth, Trinity, a few times to Tahoe) but now I just absolutely hate it.
I'd rather go for a day get to come home and sleep in my own bed and take a shower.

I can completely relate.
I love bonfires but the smell of smoke on my clothes is only acceptable when camping.
At my cabin, we just wash up and them jump in the lake, it's quite nice actually though.

I had to sleep in a tent with my boyfriend, it was comfy but creepy and I don't feel as safe.

I've never really had a problem with bugs
but like cooking is unsanitary
the whole tent situation
it's really not fun at all.
Like I love being outdoors totally, but I prefer hiking really... I'm more of a city person.

I won't argue there.
Cabins are fine, camping on the other hand, I thought about it while I was up there and I love it and hate it. If there is a portable BBQ and a few pots, I'm sure its fine.

I love hiking too, there are tons of spots here too I haven't seen yet.
I'm a city person at heart sometimes.

Hellraiser

Raven Winter
ectogasm
Raven Winter
I live near a lake and I grew up going there, but it's not a nice, clean one like that. It's got things like rusty cars and corpses at the bottom, and that's basically pretty lame.
I've also been to the ocean a few times, but Jesus it's cold.

Eugh
gonk

We have a lake near hear, full of lilypads and leeches, it's nice for fishing, but its ruined for swimming.
I hate ocean swimming. Salt water emotion_puke

Man, yeah, salt water's such a pain when it starts to dry and you and your clothing are both coated in a stiff layer of salt.

And sand. Everywhere.
In the food, in the drinks, in places where sand should not be.
Lakes are better.

Hellraiser

GhostlyMark
ectogasm
GhostlyMark
i don't think my state has the right type of weather for camping. Plus i hate mosquitos

Ugh, mosquitoes.

But they're a lot easier to handle than wasps, horseflies and black flies.

i looked up horse flies and i got this

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ha
I wish i can do it...just to try fishing

Hf.
lol

When you're fishing, you keep thinking you got one but it's just nothing.
And the fish always seem to bite 5 ft away from the surface.
It's fun though. When you finally catch it, and feel so accomplished.

Tipsy Kitten

ectogasm
Toki Bird
ectogasm
Toki Bird
As pretty as that is, I really hate camping.
I used to go when I was younger, we went to lakes in my home area (Ruth, Trinity, a few times to Tahoe) but now I just absolutely hate it.
I'd rather go for a day get to come home and sleep in my own bed and take a shower.

I can completely relate.
I love bonfires but the smell of smoke on my clothes is only acceptable when camping.
At my cabin, we just wash up and them jump in the lake, it's quite nice actually though.

I had to sleep in a tent with my boyfriend, it was comfy but creepy and I don't feel as safe.

I've never really had a problem with bugs
but like cooking is unsanitary
the whole tent situation
it's really not fun at all.
Like I love being outdoors totally, but I prefer hiking really... I'm more of a city person.

I won't argue there.
Cabins are fine, camping on the other hand, I thought about it while I was up there and I love it and hate it. If there is a portable BBQ and a few pots, I'm sure its fine.

I love hiking too, there are tons of spots here too I haven't seen yet.
I'm a city person at heart sometimes.

I've fallen in love with urban-ness
it used to be my dream to own some property in this coastal area near where I grew up called the Lost Coast, live off the grid, grow my own food etc
but now I'd rather be here in the city lmao.

Floppy Fatcat

I went camping in the mountains too! emotion_kirakira
We camped in a tent for a week and it was awesome
we went swimming like everyday and looked like dirty hippies all week emotion_dowant

here are some pictures (I'm sorry if they're huge, I'm not sure how to make them smaller haha) edit: never mind, I figured it out xp

User Image

User Image

User Image
Do you have a cabin? Go camping?
We used to own 10 acres of land in a ghost town about a two hour drive and a three hour hike from my house. During the spring and summer we'd go there on weekends. My dad was a carpenter and was trying to build a cabin. He dug out a hole where he was planning to put the cabin. Once bears broke our tent when we weren't at camp and we were forced to sleep in the hole overnight; it was awful.

I haven't seen my dad in six years and I haven't been to the property in even longer. Long before we had the property my family was comprised of avid mushroom pickers so we'd often mushroom pick and camp in the bush. But that hasn't happened in a long time.

Last time I went camping was at a camp ground with my mom when I was in grade eleven. I remember that I slept horribly because I was super cold, my dogs slept in the tent with us and one of them smelt really bad, and I could hear coyotes howling all night. I think I got four hours of sleep?

This summer the closest I did to camping was I camped out and drank in my backyard with three good friends. Wasn't quite the same as camping in the bush though.

Hellraiser

frost so high help
ectogasm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
it's offensive to the homeless
lol

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Ive never been camping :c
I want to take my son camping, but I have this fear of chainsaw serial killers who love campers. :c

Liberal Receiver

I don't go camping.
Why? Because never fail every ******** time I do it rains.
Not like, a little shower, but a torrential ******** downpour that soaks through the tent and sogs up our sleeping bags.

I'm fine with sleeping bags, and tents, but not with pounding rain and no way to get warm and dry.
Maybe if we could afford a cabin or a popup trailer I'd go for camping again.

Magical Tree

It's so beautiful! crying

Haven't got anything, really.

And I have a vacation coming up in 11 days... and I've got nowhere to go. I'm really depressed about it.

Hygienic Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Over Easy 100
  • Hygienic 200
Does sleeping in the bed of a pick up count?

Hellraiser

Areolyn

Sure,why not!

I actually haven't had to sleep in a car until recently.
We were outside a friends house cause it was too hot
xd

Hygienic Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Over Easy 100
  • Hygienic 200
ectogasm
Areolyn

Sure,why not!

I actually haven't had to sleep in a car until recently.
We were outside a friends house cause it was too hot
xd

Well I mean the ground is all rocky and there's snakes everywhere...and hogs, and skunks. So deem the truck bed a good place to sleep after the fire has died down lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff