Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Ladykiller

BusaikuBun
DivineHate
BusaikuBun
DivineHate
Isnt accounting a pretty safe program? Unless you hate that stuff. I really dont see what you can do with Japanese culture honestly. Because you cant live in Japan forever. They dont allow foreigners to become citizens.
I dont plan on becoming a citizen. Nor in canada.
Ill search that up

Well then youre doing a program for something thats gonna be your job for the rest of your life. And if youre not going to stay in Japan, what else are you gonna do? x.x
Well shiet.

Do you know what a permanent resident is?

Isnt that just living in a country without being a citizen??

Magical Tree

If you were going for cultural anything as a major that makes money..... Sorry to burst your bubble but most of us are unemployed, or teaching. and teaching jobs are harder to get.

Also... archaeology in the continental US is a harder field to get into... I think? Better than anthropology, but still... not a lot of jobs there. I think...

Computers though.. You can get computer jobs very easily in the US. Sorry I don't know about Puerto Rican economy and what jobs are big there.

But trust me... as someone with a degree in linguistics (languages) and an Asian languages concentration... cultural majors are vastly unemployed. (the studies are SUPER fun. but not sure what jobs you can do with it. )
DivineHate
BusaikuBun
DivineHate
BusaikuBun
DivineHate
Isnt accounting a pretty safe program? Unless you hate that stuff. I really dont see what you can do with Japanese culture honestly. Because you cant live in Japan forever. They dont allow foreigners to become citizens.
I dont plan on becoming a citizen. Nor in canada.
Ill search that up

Well then youre doing a program for something thats gonna be your job for the rest of your life. And if youre not going to stay in Japan, what else are you gonna do? x.x
Well shiet.

Do you know what a permanent resident is?

Isnt that just living in a country without being a citizen??
Yes. I dont look for being a citizen, its a much longer process.
thewaitingtree
If you were going for cultural anything as a major that makes money..... Sorry to burst your bubble but most of us are unemployed, or teaching. and teaching jobs are harder to get.

Also... archaeology in the continental US is a harder field to get into... I think? Better than anthropology, but still... not a lot of jobs there. I think...

Computers though.. You can get computer jobs very easily in the US. Sorry I don't know about Puerto Rican economy and what jobs are big there.

But trust me... as someone with a degree in linguistics (languages) and an Asian languages concentration... cultural majors are vastly unemployed. (the studies are SUPER fun. but not sure what jobs you can do with it. )
To be honest Japanese Culture would just so i would gain a bit knowledge, that is all

But that about archaeology, iexpected as much, but like i said, ill study something over here as the beginning of my plans, so, you never know if i dont ever fulfill archaeology and stay working at whatever i study.
Sighie...

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
DivineHate

They do, though.

Mega Ladykiller

Raven Winter
DivineHate

They do, though.

Gl.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
DivineHate
Raven Winter
DivineHate

They do, though.

Gl.

That means something. I'm almost certain that means something, and I don't know what.

Mega Ladykiller

Raven Winter
DivineHate
Raven Winter
DivineHate

They do, though.

Gl.

That means something. I'm almost certain that means something, and I don't know what.

Good luck ??

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
DivineHate
Raven Winter
DivineHate
Raven Winter
DivineHate

They do, though.

Gl.

Good luck ??

I see. I don't know about internet abbreviations. I don't use them, so anytime a new one is introduced, I don't learn about it until this happens.

Magical Tree

Ojino
To be honest Japanese Culture would just so i would gain a bit knowledge, that is all

But that about archaeology, iexpected as much, but like i said, ill study something over here as the beginning of my plans, so, you never know if i dont ever fulfill archaeology and stay working at whatever i study.
Sighie...

Don't get me wrong - study culture by all means. It's fun and I think helpful if you want to travel or you want to gain people skills.

Going to college/uni to study does not guarantee a high paying job these days, at least in the continental US. We've flooded the market with 4yr degree holders. >.<

Also, people who study one thing commonly end up in a completely different field. So, don't worry about it.

Unless you want to do business, accounting, or computers... all of which make good money, and there are many jobs for these.

これは本当ですけど 言語学がぜひ一番ですよ。あたしがいろいろな人と合うことできます。
thewaitingtree
Ojino

Sighie...

Don't get me wrong - study culture by all means. It's fun and I think helpful if you want to travel or you want to gain people skills.

Going to college/uni to study does not guarantee a high paying job these days, at least in the continental US. We've flooded the market with 4yr degree holders. >.<

Also, people who study one thing commonly end up in a completely different field. So, don't worry about it.

Unless you want to do business, accounting, or computers... all of which make good money, and there are many jobs for these.

これは本当ですけど 言語学がぜひ一番ですよ。あたしがいろいろな人と合うことできます。

Oh, yea, don't worry, i have interests in studying such, but my mind could always change in the way there.

Yep, i can imagine, my sister had to study since she was 16 to be able to be a xray technician... if thats what its called, idk. She is 28 now. She graduated about two-three years ago, imagine how many years she spent. Good thing she got the job right away before even graduating because where she was practicing, the boss liked how she worked and they all decided to keep her.

Well, the first thing ill study in order to get a decent job wil have to do with computers, so.

So you think linguistics aren't really that bad?Like a waste of time, like my family would think?

Magical Tree

Ojino

Oh, yea, don't worry, i have interests in studying such, but my mind could always change in the way there.

Yep, i can imagine, my sister had to study since she was 16 to be able to be a xray technician... if thats what its called, idk. She is 28 now. She graduated about two-three years ago, imagine how many years she spent. Good thing she got the job right away before even graduating because where she was practicing, the boss liked how she worked and they all decided to keep her.

Well, the first thing ill study in order to get a decent job wil have to do with computers, so.

So you think linguistics aren't really that bad?Like a waste of time, like my family would think?

awesome for your sister! xray techs have good jobs. you usually do get hired in that field. and the job is stable, pay consistent. it's a good job. biggrin

eh. i love linguistics. most people don't know a thing about it.
but it got me my job. i teach english to korean students.
thewaitingtree
Ojino

awesome for your sister! xray techs have good jobs. you usually do get hired in that field. and the job is stable, pay consistent. it's a good job. biggrin

Yea, i admire her, she worked hard to get there.

So you live in Korea? -gasp-

Magical Tree

Ojino
thewaitingtree
Ojino

yup. i do. i eat kimchi almost every day.
thewaitingtree
Ojino
thewaitingtree
Ojino

yup. i do. i eat kimchi almost every day.
Lol

Thats awesome where you from?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas