Welcome to Gaia! ::

gonk

after 4 months I've been finally getting a handle on my anxiety and haven't had a panic attack in weeks. I saw a campus counselor intermittently and went to anxiety workshops to practice meditatey stuff.

I got some news that made me pretty worried about my mom and little sister last night, and between that and the 40MPH windstorm I think I slept an hour or so, with nightmares all inbetween. stressed

just looking for some tips to turn my brain off so I can nap a little. the longer I go without sleeping the more anxious I get.

Tipsy Kitten

smoke weed that's what I do.
Toki Bird
smoke weed that's what I do.
I get pretty paranoid when I'm high, believe me I've tried lol. but thanks anyways

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
If you have anxiety you get get a script for clonazepam. It's an anti anxiety drug. I take 1mg if I'm having a panic attack but I'm prescribed it mainly for sleep. So at bedtime I take 2mg.

Shopper

It will sound dumb, but count sheep.

Imagine them in a flowerly field with a bubble stream running underneath the fence.

Count them as "1 sheep..2 sheep...etc"

I haven't made it past 45 when I'm serious
Honestly if I need to sleep and I can't, I take Benadryl.

You could also try Melatonin, but make sure you're using it properly.

Do some cardio every day.

Get up at the same time every day.

Get a massage.

Bashful Bookworm

Try waking up a bit earlier.
                When I sleep in my sleep schedule gets all ******** up.
                Where as if I wake up early I'm feeling tired earlier into the evening, so by time I'm ready for bed it feels very welcoming.
Pink Plaid
If you have anxiety you get get a script for clonazepam. It's an anti anxiety drug. I take 1mg if I'm having a panic attack but I'm prescribed it mainly for sleep. So at bedtime I take 2mg.
Interesting, I've never heard of it. I'll definitely look it up, thank you.
T o l3 y

Imagine them in a flowerly field with a bubble stream running underneath the fence.

Haha, that visualization stuff is a really good distraction, it's like a simple exercise that stops all that chatter in your head. I'd forgotten about stuff like that to be honest. sweatdrop thank you.
Petrosoap
Honestly if I need to sleep and I can't, I take Benadryl.

You could also try Melatonin, but make sure you're using it properly.

Do some cardio every day.

Get up at the same time every day.

Get a massage.
Same, benadryl or even a little nyquil since it's got a sleep aid. I was plenty tired though, it's just my brain that wasn't, know what I mean?

I've heard melatonin can be tricky, but if this becomes a regular thing again I'll defs look into it.

Getting my schedule in order for sure has helped. Up at 7 every day, class or no. Cardio in the evening. It helps a lot. Thank you.
Stephnananana

Try waking up a bit earlier.
                When I sleep in my sleep schedule gets all ******** up.
                Where as if I wake up early I'm feeling tired earlier into the evening, so by time I'm ready for bed it feels very welcoming.
Mmm, I definitely agree. Having an early class this quarter was a hardship at first, but once it became the norm I was popping out of bed at 7 on a saturday lol. I'm hoping to tuck in a little earlier tonight to get that back on track. Thank you.

Bashful Bookworm

Professor Deukahng

Mmm, I definitely agree. Having an early class this quarter was a hardship at first, but once it became the norm I was popping out of bed at 7 on a saturday lol. I'm hoping to tuck in a little earlier tonight to get that back on track. Thank you.

It's hard if you've got nothing to do all day.
                I like doing things that make me feel like I didn't waste my day.
                School / work helps.
                Baking, going out for a walk/run, reading a book.
                Anything that really feels productive.
Stephnananana
Professor Deukahng

It's hard if you've got nothing to do all day.
                I like doing things that make me feel like I didn't waste my day.
                School / work helps.
                Baking, going out for a walk/run, reading a book.
                Anything that really feels productive.
As well as being a distraction from the obvious physical discomfort. xD Normally I'm too disoriented and wound up to do much but flail on the couch, but since it's finals week..for some reason my brain stayed focused long enough to accomplish things. Feels good brah.

Shopper

Professor Deukahng
T o l3 y

Haha, that visualization stuff is a really good distraction, it's like a simple exercise that stops all that chatter in your head. I'd forgotten about stuff like that to be honest. sweatdrop thank you.
Don't thank me! I just basically refreshed your memory. Hopefully it works! c:

Wealthy Hoarder

Shut off all your elections an hour before bed. IF you must, get an old paper back book and start reading.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff