Welcome to Gaia! ::

My mom has some weird habits.
D:
I'm 16, and:
I'm not allowed to use the toaster/oven without adult supervision
I can't stay out past 7 on school nights
I have to be in bed by ten
My mom cuts my meat/chicken into tiny pieces for me
My mom buys Dora the Explorer, Hello Kitty, and Winnie the Pooh merchandise for me
I can't wear too much accessories
I can't use my PS2 on the big tv
I can't "date" boys
I'm not allowed to use high-heeled shoes
I have to stick with my mom when we're at the mall

domokun

That's normal for me, but for other people...heheh, I'm not so sure.

I don't know why my mom does the stuff she does. =3= Like, not being able to use the toaster without adult supervision? D: lawl. I'm not that much of a clutz.

Um.
Are your parents, like...idk. Like my mom? Or worse?
xD
I hope not.~
But I bet some are. o_e Yargh.

Btw...I'm not helpless. I can be independent when I want to be.

Relentless Glitch

Looks like they're not ready for you to grow up. Enjoy childhood some more and also get to blame them for any psychological disturbance later on in life.
I love my parents. They aren't over protective and they give me my freedom. But at the same time they're strict and know when to put their hand down. But I'm generally a good kid so they don't have to worry.
i cant wear makeup and i cant give guys my number
its sort of reasonable seeing im pretty young {younger than most on gaia}

but... still
most girls at my school wear excessive makeup and i cant even wear gold eyeshadow!!!!!

i cant wear fishnets
which sucks cause there really not that bad

im not allowed to have myspace
and if me and my friends go to the movies... if there's ONE guy there i have to go
which is why i stopped telling her everyone who would be there

i cant walk around the grocery store by myself!!!

i know
you probably think im some spoiled whore....
oye, how do you live with somebody up your butt like that XD i was always kind of free-range..

I get the ole "oh, you exist?" every now and then, but otherwise they leave me alone :3
Wow. That's like really uber overprotective.
At least, when I was sixteen I would've definitely felt that way.
I always made my own food, and actually spent little time around my house. I didn't have a curfew, I paid for all of my clothes (I had gotten a job by the age of 16), it was none of my mother's business if I dated or not, and she had no control over the way I dressed because it was my choice not hers.

Um, maybe you should ask your mom to back off. It sounds like she's trying to smother you with her love.
My mom is fine for the most part, but she makes me scared to be myself, because she is one of those who expect me to be practically PERFECT! At anyrate though I am thankful for my parents, and I am also glad that my mom is the stricter one, because my dad is amazingly laid back. ^_^ Sometimes people get laid back parents, sometimes we get strict parents, and its times like this that we should be thankful for the fact, that our parents arn't drug/booze addicts with a tendancy for beating people up.

And for those that do have to worry about that *hug* You have my sympathy, and I wish I could help you.
In some ways, worse, and in other ways, not so much.

Mostly they get paranoid about me being out of the house.
My parents have been the "As long as we know where you are, have fun," type since I was 15. Of course, I've always given them the courtesy of calling home if I'm going to be later than expected, and letting them know where I am. (Even though I'm nearly 19. I still live under their roof, so it's only fair.)

I'm happy they aren't overprotective.

But wow, I would have felt very smothered if my mother had been the same as yours when I was 16. o.o
I wasn't allowed to date until I was 16, and I was expected to be in bed by ten until I was 18, so I can understand those. Some of it I can understand, like accessories (maybe she's afraid you'll look like a slut?) but others, like the meat, are just damn weird. You wouldn't happen to be the youngest/only child, would you?
My parents have seriously messed up my life. They're not overprotective but all when i was younger they kept saying s**t like, relationships are bad, you'll only get hurt, you can never trust anyone.." s**t like that and now i'm a house hermit and i'm in highschool. I should be out right now but no, i'm sitting here, on gaia; which isn't that bad.

I hope I get better when i'm older. I'm going to need some seriously counseling later on.

now their asking what the hell i'm doing. I told them i was talking to a friend. whee

cha, i know their just being parents, but it feels ******** up.
lol I remember when I went on my first date. my mom told me "make sure you use protection." then again she also said "be home before 6am"
My parents allow me to do whatever I want just as long as it's reasonable. They don't mind that most of my friends are guys.

Well, so far...

- Can't date.
- Can't even take a guy to a dance without getting reprimanded/dirty looks.
- Can't drive until I'm 18.
- Won't let me have a cell phone because they, allegedly, "cause cancer".

Hrmmm.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces