Welcome to Gaia! ::

I know many people couldn't wait to drive, have freedom to go where ever without they're parents all the time....
Some people are good drivers from the start....some are not.

I'm one of those people. Everytime I go out driving, I almost get into accidents that are MY fault. And today, in a parking lot, I hit a car. It wasn't completely my fault, for he was going too fast in a parking lot, but I still should have looked over to my right before making a left turn.
My mom doesn't think I'm ready, and she's scared to go driving with me. I don't blame her.
I kinda don't think I'm ready for it either....I was fine during driver's ed but now.... sad

EDIT:
I've only had my permit since the begining of the month, and 8 out of 10 times, I've almost caused an accident.That's dangerous.
My parents might make me take driver's training again, but taking segment 1 over again is't going to do anything.Plus,it'd just be a waste of money.
They are scared senseless to drive with me anymore. I can't pracitce on roads now.

Any driving experience of your own?

Dapper Humorist

This is why we take lessons.
i was forced into getting my license by my parents.
The only reason I like being able to drive, is the freedom to get to the places where I need to go on my own time. I hated waiting 3 hours after school for my mom to pick me up or getting to school early all the time (like 1.5 hours early).

But I hate it. I hate the people on the road and I also hate it when I myself drive. The traffic in my area sucks and I know a bunch of drivers who are crazy. There's a reason for a speed limit on off/on-ramps (physics people) and on the streets. It's also bad when people constantly drive at like 10 mph under the speed limit.

And wtf at the "rolling stops" in my area? I nearly had some dipshit accident because I was getting off the off-ramp on a stop sign. I stop at it, see a car in the right lane (cause you can't make a left turn off the ramp) and stop to let it pass. Just as I'm about to leave, the car right behind me goes to my left and takes off and I nearly hit the dumb b*****d. >_>

Edit: Though I'm happy I got over my own accident. I live in a gated community so when I was in 8th grade, my parents always wanted me to practice parking in the garage. Well one time, I over-estimated and hit the side of the garage. Nice dent in my mom's car (which I now drive as a Senior). sad I didn't want to park the car anymore but my parents made me when I started freshman year.
We learn from or mistakes. I suggest you keep practicing to drive though and not get discouraged by it. Try practicing in smaller places (local neighborhood and such) and move up from there. Take it one step at a time.
I'm okay at driving..on ly done it a couple of times. I can't get the hang of the pedals though.

I'm scared of driving. I get so paranoid that I'm gonna kill people.
My first time driving, I hit a mailbox. My dad thought someone threw a rock at the car.
In a parking garage, I underestimated and my bumper hit the wall.

It happens.
If you don't continue driving, you'll never become a good driver.
I think the one scary part, is whether or not you're a good defensive driver. I'm scared as hell that I'm gonna get killed because I can't read how stupid people are going to be. Like, ok I have no stop sign. You do. So why do you think you can come out right at me when I'm crossing the intersection?! (one that has no lights, just stop signs on the cross lane.
Just start in smaller areas to start with, areas with lots of people can be scary I know. I haven't got in a accident yet, but driving with my mom makes me feel like it D: (she panics way too much.)
I'm scared to death.
I think id be a pretty good driver but my parents want me to pull the car out of the garage and i know its like big deal but im afraid the petals are so damn sensetive that im going to like fly out of the driveway. And then me and my sister were coming home from somewhere (Shes 19) and she was like want to go try to drive? im like uh NO but of course she was going to take me to a dead street but yeah im definetly freaked about driving.
The very first time I go out driving on my own I park in my friend's driveway. Later her mom backs right into my car. xd She paid for it to get fixed, and the front ended up with a better paint job than when it started, so it's all good.
Thanks for the help...
I'm pretty upset about the whole thing...
And my parents aren't going to let me drive for awhile...
mmm.
I dun wanna drive gonk
Like i want to so i dont have to wait for people and everything.
But then i dont because i dont have very good foot control.
I step on the gas/brakes to soft/hard.
And im afraid im going to need to hit the brakes really fast but im not gonna be able to find the brakes...
I prefer to bicycle everywhere.
I've been pulled over twice for speeding, but only got a ticket the first time. It was $70.

I've also hit a minivan in the parking lot at my school once. I just drove off. My car was hardly scuffed, but I left them with two HUGE dents.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff