Welcome to Gaia! ::

The College Student
boob jiggle
The College Student
boob jiggle
I won't marry a smart guy.
Because I won't marry.
******** relationship nonsense.

I'll casually date, but marriage involves living with someone and that's just awful.

She's a teacher. What she's trying to do is motivate the guys.

Why don't you want to get married?
I don't ever want to live with someone.

What's wrong with living someone that cares about you?

I'm incredibly selfish and have no interest in living my life around someone else's wants and needs.

Sparkly Duck

boob jiggle
Because I won't marry.

I'll casually date, but marriage involves living with someone and that's just awful.

I will give you 1,000 gold if you can give me legit reasons why you believe living with someone you are supposed to love/mutually enjoy would be just awful.

NINJA EDIT: I saw your post about selfish wants and needs or whatever. Decided that isn't what relationships are all about. I'll tip you though for being your own person. Holla
Chieftain Twilight
The College Student
boob jiggle
The College Student
boob jiggle
Because I won't marry.

not everyone likes people. I say that's her choice. no need to make a big deal out of that. it doesn't effect any of us.

You are right. It's her choice. I will stop talking.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
The College Student
Chieftain Twilight
The College Student
boob jiggle
The College Student
boob jiggle
Because I won't marry.

not everyone likes people. I say that's her choice. no need to make a big deal out of that. it doesn't effect any of us.

You are right. It's her choice. I will stop talking.

you don't have to stop talking. sweatdrop I'm not trying to censor anyone. I really had no place interjecting anyway.
boob jiggle
The College Student
boob jiggle
The College Student
boob jiggle
Because I won't marry.

I'm incredibly selfish and have no interest in living my life around someone else's wants and needs.

That's sad if you are incredibly selfish. cry
But it's your choice. Live your life the way you want it to be.

Blessed Prophet

People tend to marry/be partners with others of the same education level, social standing, attractiveness (as in on a scale from 1-10 a 4 would be with someone who's a 4 or close to a 4, it's very rare that a 1 and a 10 would get together), beliefs, so on and so forth.

Obviously there's exceptions to this, but this seems to be true for the most part.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Athena_flora
People tend to marry/be partners with others of the same education level, social standing, attractiveness (as in on a scale from 1-10 a 4 would be with someone who's a 4 or close to a 4, it's very rare that a 1 and a 10 would get together), beliefs, so on and so forth.

Obviously there's exceptions to this, but this seems to be true for the most part.

this sounds like a study I saw on TV once that I honesty feel was highly biased. the whole thing gives off a feel of reinforcing rigid societal standards.

I think the part with the example of number ratings for attractiveness is what's bothering me most. you do realize that attraction is subjective, right? different people are attracted to different things.

Blessed Prophet

Chieftain Twilight
Athena_flora

this sounds like a study I saw on TV once that I honesty feel was highly biased. the whole thing gives off a feel of reinforcing rigid societal standards.

I think the part with the example of number ratings for attractiveness is what's bothering me most. you do realize that attraction is subjective, right? different people are attracted to different things.

Science has found a way to measure attractiveness, but it's based on symmetry and proportion sizes of the face. Someone can appear attractive but have poor facial symmetry. Doesn't make them unattractive, just means that they have poor facial symmetry, which can impact their chances of finding a mate. Symmetry, biologically, is viewed as a way to find good genes to be passes on to the next generation. Those with similar facial symmetry are typically attracted to one another on a subconscious level.
What an individual finds attractive is up to them.

And, like I said, there's exceptions to this theory.

EDIT: The thing I saw took random people, for example one of them was an extremely beautiful woman who only measured about a 5 on the symmetry scale, while a homeless man was a 10.

Bashful Businesswoman

Don't most people want to marry someone's who's smart? Like,
I don't think this is a "girls-only" thing here okay.

But ouhsh smart people are a instant turn on.
emotion_drool

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Athena_flora
Chieftain Twilight
Athena_flora

Science has found a way to measure attractiveness, but it's based on symmetry and proportion sizes of the face. Someone can appear attractive but have poor facial symmetry. Doesn't make them unattractive, just means that they have poor facial symmetry, which can impact their chances of finding a mate. Symmetry, biologically, is viewed as a way to find good genes to be passes on to the next generation. Those with similar facial symmetry are typically attracted to one another on a subconscious level.
What an individual finds attractive is up to them.

And, like I said, there's exceptions to this theory.

EDIT: The thing I saw took random people, for example one of them was an extremely beautiful woman who only measured about a 5 on the symmetry scale, while a homeless man was a 10.

yeah, bullshit. attractiveness is subjective. pure and simple. anything that says otherwise is full of it.

8,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Lol really? Someone didn't agree? How did that interjection come about? "No, you're wrong. I want to marry an idiot actually?" I believe what she said is true- no one wants to marry an idiot. However, the standard for being "smart" varies from person to person. Like for example, a lot of people have that one thing that they're really into and they like if their partner can keep up a conversation about that thing, but not everyone. As for me, I'll only be interested in a guy if they are superior or equal to me in some way, and intelligence is one of those ways.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
otoriio
Lol really? Someone didn't agree? How did that interjection come about? "No, you're wrong. I want to marry an idiot actually?" I believe what she said is true- no one wants to marry an idiot. However, the standard for being "smart" varies from person to person. Like for example, a lot of people have that one thing that they're really into and they like if their partner can keep up a conversation about that thing, but not everyone. As for me, I'll only be interested in a guy if they are superior or equal to me in some way, and intelligence is one of those ways.

well, there are people who legitimately want to marry dumbasses. some because they want to control their spouse. others because they feel intimidated by intelligence, and still others because they honetsly think stupidity is attractive.

just to clarify, however, I cannot stand being around idiots. xp there is no way in hell that I'm gonna marry one.

Gaian

A good heart and a kind nature is what I'd go far.
Though I wouldn't want to fall in love with an idiot because
I'd want him to be smart, looks after me and protect me. If
I was with an idiot it would be the other way around and
that's not how it should be. In my opinion.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
This Is NoMercy
Don't most people want to marry someone's who's smart? Like,
I don't think this is a "girls-only" thing here okay.

I guess this sort of raises the question: For what reason could intellect in a potential partner be considered a deal breaker? Is it seen as a threat?
apathetic frost10
fundamentally false. most girls are ******** retarded and smart guys wouldn't marry idiots.
Made me laugh. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces