Welcome to Gaia! ::

TikiBox
KABOSH ace
TikiBox
KABOSH ace
Okutai

"International Women's day"

I, even as a girl, find that International Women's Day is for the olden times when we were there for housekeeping. Now we have more or less equal opportunities. It's as if we're a minority or something. neutral
heart

So what?
Women aren't equal to men in this world. Children aren't equal to adults. Minorities aren't equal to majorities. Wrong stuff is going to happen but really, it seems like people will never be satisfied or appreciate what we can do now. Goodness.

I think we've got it pretty good...and I mean in the United States. In Pakistan, the life of the woman is shitty, they need a day month of recognition...

Or is national woman's day not celebrated in the US? I can't quite remember.

Ugh, I typed out an argument, but I didn't know where I was going with it so I deleted it...xD Nevermind me~
heart

It's all good. I was just heated about what the OP said. >.<
But I get what you mean. It's just, world equality will probably never happen.
heart

Lulz it's alright. I like your avatar. =D
KABOSH ace
Okutai
KABOSH ace
MangaJoe
Okutai

There is no one set of things that makes someone beautiful.

The scheme of beauty changes with each person. The OP is just annoyed that a boy she likes went for someone else, and not her. So she takes it out on all the men.

Watch out you might strike a nerve talking all smart like that.

He struck me no where. I didn't quite understand how what he was saying connected to what I said.

I'm sorry. I'll try to explain it more clearly.
You said;
Quote:
It SEEMS like majority guys say they want "natural-looking smart girls" (at least on this forum), but then you see majority guys with the barbie doll-esque girls.

Men DO say that. But when they say that, they do not take into account that their view on how beautiful a girl looks, changes with every girl.

And example.

Girl A has long dark hair, and big, soft shy eyes.
Girl B has short blond hair, and her eyes hold this twinkle that suggests naughtiness and wickedness.

Both girls are beautiful. However, if Girl A has Girl B's features, she might not look beautiful at all.

I hope I managed to get my point across.

I think that you need to sleep and get your head in better shape...either that or I'm an idiot. Thanks for trying.

Either way, those descriptions inspire me to draw~ XD

Maybe I do need to sleep. Anyways, thanks.
I agree that some men's hypocrisy can be just unbearable. One of my sisters is a bit overweight but has a great personality and tons of (guy) friends, and I'm underweight but have a rotten personality and have only a few (girl) friends.

My sister's guy friends would always swear up and down that looks didn't matter to them, that personality was all they cared about in women, and they would always praise my sister for having a great personality; yet they always dated skinny tramps and never once even considered my sister dateable. They would always tell my sister that personality-wise she was every guy's greatest dream and that they would date her in a heartbeat, BUT: "If only you were skinnier," "If only you were Xlbs lighter," "If only you were thin like your sister," and my favorite, "Wouldn't it be great if we could take your head (face, brain and all) and place it on your sister's body? Then you'd be, like, the perfect woman. I'd so wanna date you then."

So much for only caring about personality. rolleyes

And I'm sure some of you know my beef about men who go around plucking virgins but want a virgin bride on their wedding night. Honestly, where do some people get the nerve?

4,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Are you a hypocrite? not really
If not, what kind of girl would you love to have? someone nice and strong...in lots of ways
If you think you are a hypocrite, why do you think that is? in relationships not really but other stuff is only because I can't really make up my mind sweatdrop
Would you ever consider a sweet (possibly less attractive) girl you've been friends with for years as a girlfriend? sure biggrin
Got bored and came back.
Well, let's see, I'm no hypocrite.
I don't like fat girls. I will go out with skinny girls, because unlike you, I value people for who they are and don't dismiss all attractive girls as complete bitches.
My girlfriend is skinny and pretty and has a great personality, so watch your ******** tongue.

And why would I dump my perfectly fine girlfriend for somebody else? Especially if that person is less attractive.

This whole thread just seems daft.

Relentless Glitch

I'm a Pharisee.
I'm no hypocrite, I stand by what I say, my girlfriend is a year younger than me and she has a wonderful personality. We have been together for almost a year now and I have been making mistakes and attempting to learn from them throughout the whole ride. I do not plan on breaking up when I leave for college, but I cannot predict the future. At any rate she is the last person I think about before I fall asleep and the first person I think about when I wake up in the morning.
i know a no hipocrit male: Jesus... heart

Chatty Lunatic

We're all hypocrites whether we like to acknowledge it or not.

I'm a hypocrite I know a lot of my friends are also hypocrites, that's life you live to deal with it.
What I don't get is apparently I'm a hypocrite for my current girl friend being more attractive than my ex-girlfriend?

I dumped my ex because she was men, bitter, bi-polar, popped pills, partied, drank, and generally did stuff I don't.

Current girl is actually quite cute, she's sweet, smart, always studying, always ready to go have fun in a safe way... well except for mountain climbing, and she doesn't mess with substances; she won't even drink soda.

But just because the new girl is more attractive I'm a hypocrite... stare

Chatty Lunatic

MangaJoe
What I don't get is apparently I'm a hypocrite for my current girl friend being more attractive than my ex-girlfriend?

I dumped my ex because she was men, bitter, bi-polar, popped pills, partied, drank, and generally did stuff I don't.

Current girl is actually quite cute, she's sweet, smart, always studying, always ready to go have fun in a safe way... well except for mountain climbing, and she doesn't mess with substances; she won't even drink soda.

You sure as hell aren't a hypocrite for that reason.

You had good reasons to dump your ex and be with your current girl friend.
Oh god, seriously?

Have you ever thought that it's not just the men?
It's the women allowing the men to walk all over them, and be hypocritical.

The girls who put on half a pound of makeup, and attempt to look sexy to attract a guy, but expect him to think she's beautiful fresh out of bed, or expect him to respect her body, even though she's slutting it up to get him to date her?

Maybe the men are attracted to confidence? Maybe the skinny girls and the barbie dolls are more attractive because they're more confident.
Maybe these guys who say that personality matters actually like the barbies for their personality, but the looks are an added bonus?

Or maybe they don't want the girls who are so threatened by the girls that are prettier than them, because these girls have no self-confidence?
kitties_of_doom
MangaJoe

According to the op, it makes him a major hypocrite.

Chatty Lunatic

Soffish
kitties_of_doom
MangaJoe

According to the op, it makes him a major hypocrite.

Well geez should we really follow the op? I'm not I don't think Manga.Joe is a hypocrite. What do you think Soffish?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff