Welcome to Gaia! ::

People would care to a point, because they need social interaction to survive.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
It depends. But usually I don't care what other's think of me. The only people that I do care of their opinion of me is my family or some friends.

Consumer

shut up you daft c**t

Dapper Genius

Posties
Do you or do you not care?
The ability to be indifferent in any given situation is entirely possible.
Posties
chingate
Posties
chingate
It is possible, but the path to it is difficult.

Many of us, including myself, fall into the false notion that our identity is in what others say. The media promotes this because it gets people to buy products, so this concept is ingrained into our minds from when we are young. But most of us don't realize that it is just fiction.

Other people's opinions of us are merely projections of how they feel, really. If someone is bitter inside and hates themselves, then it makes sense if they bully you. It isn't you that they hate, but themselves. If someone makes fun of me, it is because he/she is insecure with his/herself. (i'm not justifying bullying, but am making an observation of why i think it occurs)

It takes a while to get out of the false mindset and is a daily process, but it can happen. I like to meditate and help others. That's when I feel at home. Buddhism is wonderful if you're a religious or philosophical type of person.
The hell are you talking about.

People only care about other people's opinions because we think that the opinions of others has some bearing on our worth and identity. This is fiction.

Someone's actions and behaviour are reflections of his/herself
A mean person is bitter on the inside and a happy person is happy on the inside.
Because of this, have compassion for a bully rather than hate.

The only person's opinion that matters is yourself, that's it.
Someone else's views have no bearing on your identity or worth.
It is hard getting out of the mindset that other people's opinions matter, but it is possible.

You completely missed the entire meaning of what I said, and the bolded part is false because you are misrepresenting the word "care."

I don't understand D;

What do you mean by 'care'?

4,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I just think that if I keep saying "I don't care" more and more, maybe I'll start to actually not care. xD

Distinct Poster

chingate
Posties
chingate
Posties
chingate
It is possible, but the path to it is difficult.

Many of us, including myself, fall into the false notion that our identity is in what others say. The media promotes this because it gets people to buy products, so this concept is ingrained into our minds from when we are young. But most of us don't realize that it is just fiction.

Other people's opinions of us are merely projections of how they feel, really. If someone is bitter inside and hates themselves, then it makes sense if they bully you. It isn't you that they hate, but themselves. If someone makes fun of me, it is because he/she is insecure with his/herself. (i'm not justifying bullying, but am making an observation of why i think it occurs)

It takes a while to get out of the false mindset and is a daily process, but it can happen. I like to meditate and help others. That's when I feel at home. Buddhism is wonderful if you're a religious or philosophical type of person.
The hell are you talking about.

People only care about other people's opinions because we think that the opinions of others has some bearing on our worth and identity. This is fiction.

Someone's actions and behaviour are reflections of his/herself
A mean person is bitter on the inside and a happy person is happy on the inside.
Because of this, have compassion for a bully rather than hate.

The only person's opinion that matters is yourself, that's it.
Someone else's views have no bearing on your identity or worth.
It is hard getting out of the mindset that other people's opinions matter, but it is possible.

You completely missed the entire meaning of what I said, and the bolded part is false because you are misrepresenting the word "care."

I don't understand D;

What do you mean by 'care'?
"To care." is possible.
"To not care," is not not possible is what I'm saying.

Distinct Poster

Infinite Possibility
Posties
Do you or do you not care?
The ability to be indifferent in any given situation is entirely possible.
There is no indifference between the two.

Devoted Gawker

8,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
Humans are cooperative and social animals, and therefore rejection is a natural fear and detractor that would make anyone feel emotionally hurt and threatened, whether it's through anger or sadness. However, maybe only certain people in an individual's life would have the power to cause emotions like those in this manner.

Distinct Poster

nightmare of moloch
shut up you daft c**t
What did you just say?
Posties
As I said before, others misinterpret the definition of "care."
Disregarding something means initially that you examined said "it." and disregarded it for a reason which implies you did care about it.

I'm going to side with the dictionary for this.

Apathetic - Showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
Care - Feel concern or interest; attach importance to something: "they don't care about human life".
Acknowledge - (of a body of opinion) Recognize the fact or importance or quality of.

Acknowledging something doesn't equate to caring about it. It's simply an admission. I acknowledge that Fanta exists. Would I care if Fanta stopped existing, no. Do I care about Fanta for existing? No.

Distinct Poster

Lord_Bethrezen
Posties
As I said before, others misinterpret the definition of "care."
Disregarding something means initially that you examined said "it." and disregarded it for a reason which implies you did care about it.

I'm going to side with the dictionary for this.

Apathetic - Showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
Care - Feel concern or interest; attach importance to something: "they don't care about human life".
Acknowledge - (of a body of opinion) Recognize the fact or importance or quality of.

Acknowledging something doesn't equate to caring about it. It's simply an admission. I acknowledge that Fanta exists. Would I care if Fanta stopped existing, no. Do I care about Fanta for existing? No.
The bolded words equal apathy, apathy is not caring, but in order to not care you must be interested, being interested means you do care.
You care, and your syllogism is pretty bad. I can also draw false conclusions from a true premise.
Humans are great.
Scabs are great.
Therefor Humans are scabs. neutral
You're misrepresenting the word "care." when you have the definition right next to your post. In order to "not care." you must be interested, if you are interested you care, therefor you care for what you don't care about.
Posties
The bolded words equal apathy, apathy is not caring, but in order to not care you must be interested, being interested means you do care.
You care, and your syllogism is pretty bad. I can also draw false conclusions from a true premise.
Humans are great.
Scabs are great.
You're misrepresenting the word "care." when you have the definition right next to your post. In order to "not care." you must be interested, if you are interested you care, therefor you care for what you don't care about.

Actually, I'm pretty sure you have the wrong definitions. By definition, apathy is not caring. I have literally no interest in Fanta, at all. Therefore, I do not care. I know nothing about it beyond it's a drink I pass in the store. You are implying a level of interest that simply doesn't exist. But, I commend you on your straw man, I see it's not worth continuing discussion. Good day. Don't feed trolls, folks.

Distinct Poster

Lord_Bethrezen
Posties
Humans are great.
Scabs are great.

Actually, I'm pretty sure you have the wrong definitions. By definition, apathy is not caring. I have literally no interest in Fanta, at all. Therefore, I do not care. I know nothing about it beyond it's a drink I pass in the store. You are implying a level of interest that simply doesn't exist. But, I commend you on your straw man, I see it's not worth continuing discussion. Good day.
You inspected the name, you cared. neutral
And next time, instead of calling strawman examine what I said, when you call "straw man" upon someone you and you end up being wrong it makes you more probable to commit to other fallacies, and you also commit to a strawman when claiming that. Your ignorance is your own fault, good day.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
"I don't care" is probably the phrase I used the most.

Or, "idgaf". Or, "I didn't ask for you opinion".

I probably don't care enough if I say that to you. I also stop listening.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff