Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stop bitching. A disgusting percentage of the world is racist, and will likely continue to be racist for a while.

The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll stop getting offended by these sorts of people.
The key phrase is that it shouldn't be an issue. However there are a lot of haters out there, or people that aren't very used to it and are startled/surprised by it. I know when I was with my ex we got some looks xp . It is getting better though and soon it should barely be a blip on the radar. I am attracted to white men, haven't really been attracted to black men at all(looks, some of them too into the hip hop/rap scene/image which I detest). It will certainly make finding a guy I like more difficult but it is worth the effort heart .

Obsessive Werewolf

I go to a small, private Christian school. I am biracial (half black half white) and in my ninth grade year I was brought to tears by teachers (the BIBLE teacher) telling me that my parents are in the wrong and sinning. Over the years I have been called a mutt, filthy half n*****, and much more. Last year was particularly bad, because it was an election year, and being biracial with democrat parents in a mostly white, republican school, it was torture. I'm surprised I've made it this far (it's my senior year) and I'm going to have the biggest smirk on my face when I get my diploma and say what I've wanted to say to them my whole life. I wouldn't mind it so much if they kept their opinions to themselves, but most the time they'll say things just because I'm there, to try to get a reaction out of me.
i agree with ^^^^ the whole world is racist.
well i'm full blooded chinese and i feel outcasted by my own race because i don't share their beliefs and my boyfriend was ostracized by rednecks when he was growing up because he's half jewish (which is just ******** white but different religion really), i think trying to say race mixing should be prevent "for the children" is farce, because being defined by your race if farce. not that we want children. anywho, people simply are still racist thus the controversy.

Kawaii Bachelorette

I'm in one, and I love him to pieces. He's white and I'm Jamaican...no one has ever had a problem with it here. (:
It shouldn't be a damned big deal stare
i don't think there's anything wrong with interracial relationships. i've come across some attractive black guys. there's a boy at my church (he's half black) and i think he's attractive.
the area where i live is pretty diverse so there's never been any problems with interracial dating/marriage
and im currently dating someone who's half white and half black
My parents HATE interracial dating, and go as far as to say it's "disgusting". I've been told that if I marry (or get knocked up by a guy) that isn't white, I'll be disowned. I'm very ashamed my parents act that way, and I certainly don't, I just wish they'd get over it. I however, have no problem with interracial couples.

Tipsy Hunter

7,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
there's totally nothing wrong with interracial relationships in my opinion. Some people see it as a violation for some damn reason, but like many people say, race is just a figment of the imagination. We're all human.
It's all about the religion really... and the culture and background. Not naming any race, but i wouldn't want to be involved with anyone whose religion and culture dictates me to be submissive...
That being said, I find most people of mixed blood really beautiful! lol..
Guilty Pride
Metheshrew
Guilty Pride
Metheshrew
Guilty Pride
I know how you feel, im Black, my dad doesn't approve of me dating a white guy

And i LOVE WHITE GUYS! you know?! how is that a problem? But w/e hes gonna have to deal with it, and my half white babies

lol I'm currently in love with a white guy myself. He's so adorable!

Ahh, don't you just love white men? Like really, this may be racist, But i prefer a white guy, over a black guy, i find them more attractive, with healthier minds
And, i will date a black guy, If hes Cute, Smart, doesn't dress like he came out of a hip hop music video, speaks proper english ( i hate slang, or Ebonics ), has goals in life, besides get rich or die trying heart

My Baby has to meet the requirements

Yeah, I know what you mean. I got ticked off one time, because a black guy who was dressed like a hip-hop wannabe tried to hit on me one time saying, "How's it going beautiful? Light brown almost white." That really ticked me off. If you're going to give me a compliment, don't call me "almost" anything. I don't care what ethnicity someone is, I find it unattractive when a guy of any race tries to have some sort of hip hop swagger.

Oh my Goodness! you are JUST like ME! im So not into that hip-hop thing, don't get me wrong, its nice on T.V, its okay to listen to the music, but people DRESSING LIKE THAT, its over the top, why can't a guy be, simple? and Yeah Hip Hop swagger, so isnt cool in my book, we must be friends ( No homo )
And, i can't stand slang, or people who CURSE IN EVERY single SENTENCE they say!

Ahh I hate that. I mean you don't have to curse in every single word I mean Geez do you have an Vocab. Eh Im all for dating outside my race.I've be attracted to Whites,Asian's Hispainc, eh I like some black guys just not the loud one's xD
Lisa In The Sky
I don't have problem with it.
Love someone for who they are, not what colour they are.

I'm a New Zealand caucasian, and I'm in love with a Bangladeshi indian. We also have a little 6 month old daughter and I love her to pieces!

But my mother keeps telling me that baby Alex is going to get bullied for being part indian when she goes to school sad

I doubt that will happen. I mean maybe he'll get bullied a little, but probably not because of his racial heritage. All kids get bullied at some point I think, regardless of ethnicity.
KyOMG
I go to a small, private Christian school. I am biracial (half black half white) and in my ninth grade year I was brought to tears by teachers (the BIBLE teacher) telling me that my parents are in the wrong and sinning. Over the years I have been called a mutt, filthy half n*****, and much more. Last year was particularly bad, because it was an election year, and being biracial with democrat parents in a mostly white, republican school, it was torture. I'm surprised I've made it this far (it's my senior year) and I'm going to have the biggest smirk on my face when I get my diploma and say what I've wanted to say to them my whole life. I wouldn't mind it so much if they kept their opinions to themselves, but most the time they'll say things just because I'm there, to try to get a reaction out of me.

Please tell me you guys reported that teacher. That is just wrong.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff