Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Explorer

5,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
My father is in a relationship with a woman from japan. Well she is from Pi. (phillipines I can't spell it derrr)
Though culturally she's more Japanese.
She's a great mom and I like her.
The thing is I am going to move their with him soon, since my step moms son who is half Japanese does not want to leave.
So I am moving to JAPAN.(I think)

Glorious nippon I go where this gajin stops nobody knows.
My father and step mom are both fairly older. 40-50's My step brothers 18.

I was wondering though, what should I expect with girls there. I am accustomed to most of the culture to some respect. Yet I am in the general area of not being able to understand moonspeak.

Ok well I hope you guys can help me out, if you need more info ask. I might look for a travel thread too.
Paroxy
Tettsure
I, admittedly, prefer partners from another race. I have never, unfortunately, been in an interracial relationship or any relationship for that matter. I am mixed, but "look" African American. I have, however, lived in predominantly white city that is, well, not too kind towards blacks. For this reason, I've never really had a chance to be in relationship since the people I'm attracted to are repulsed by my race or the social stigma of dating someone of my ethnicity. A good friend of mine confided in me that they (and others in the neighborhood) see me as intimidating because I'm the stereotypical "big black guy" (in fact why one person I asked did not accept. She believes an interracial relationship would be weird). I hope this changes when I go to college in San Francisco. I think people there are more accepting

I have the exact same problem. What state do you live in?
I've been in few relationships (only two to be exact, and they were both long distance), and mostly because I'm just not attracted to the guys of my own race that approach me. Mostly because of most young black men here sadly play into the hip-hop gangsta stereotype that I despise. I feel a bit bad about not being as attracted to my own race, but still, there's not much I can do about it. I live in Louisiana, and the racism is ******** horrible. I'm mostly attracted to white and asian guys, so because I'm living here, I'm s**t out of luck.

I want to move away too, but I'm probably not going to have an opportunity.
I live in Miami. While diverse, the city definitely has racial tensions. Where I live is a Jewish suburb, but they stress dating within your religion. I was honestly 1 out of 5 black people in my entire school of 4500. There are Latinos, but their community is so close-knit that while they don't really avoid dating other races, they just don't bother with it. Also, blacks and Latins are kind of at each others throats here because they compete with each other for hard-to-find jobs. However, I don't think it is as racist as your neighborhood sounds. I've heard that Louisiana can be a bit dangerous because of it. Is it really that bad? Also, XD, yes, that gangster mindset. It can be so annoying sometimes. I'm sorry to hear that you may not be able to leave. There must be something you can do? Save up money for awhile to move to a small apartment in a place like Long Island or something? Apply for jobs out there so that if they say yes, you have an excuse to leave?
I prefer whites and Latins, myself.
scyther103
My father is in a relationship with a woman from japan. Well she is from Pi. (phillipines I can't spell it derrr)
The thing is I am going to move their with him soon, since my step moms son who is half Japanese does not want to leave.

I was wondering though, what should I expect with girls there. I am accustomed to most of the culture to some respect. Yet I am in the general area of not being able to understand moonspeak.

Ok well I hope you guys can help me out, if you need more info ask. I might look for a travel thread too.

Ask Baka_Samurai. smile He'll probably be able to help you out. He's stationed in Japan.

Ruthless Man-Lover

Tettsure
I live in Miami. While diverse, the city definitely has racial tensions. Where I live is a Jewish suburb, but they stress dating within your religion. I was honestly 1 out of 5 black people in my entire school of 4500. There are Latinos, but their community is so close-knit that while they don't really avoid dating other races, they just don't bother with it. Also, blacks and Latins are kind of at each others throats here because they compete with each other for hard-to-find jobs. However, I don't think it is as racist as your neighborhood sounds. I've heard that Louisiana can be a bit dangerous because of it. Is it really that bad? Also, XD, yes, that gangster mindset. It can be so annoying sometimes. I'm sorry to hear that you may not be able to leave. There must be something you can do? Save up money for awhile to move to a small apartment in a place like Long Island or something? Apply for jobs out there so that if they say yes, you have an excuse to leave?

Only five blacks? Wow, that must have been hard on you to be such a minority. And your environment sounds rough. And yes, Louisiana is everything you've heard that it is. Though, since I live in Lafayette I don't think it's as bad as other areas in the state, but it's still very bad. For example, my cousin was kicked out of school recently for looking his white principal in the eye while speaking. It's horrible. I get funny looks when I'm walking down to street if I'm wearing a band t-shirt that's out of the norm for black people to listen to. They're actually surprised that I listen to rock. I've actually encountered a black male who was literally offended that I despise hip hop. I said I may not be able to leave because I wouldn't even know how. The thought of leaving anytime soon is a very impossible fantasy. I mean, I've never had a job and I can't even drive yet. I'm far, far away from the independence I need to live in another state (especially since I've never actually been out of my state, except for going to Florida over five years ago).

Conservative Lover

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
scyther103

How is Japan treating them? I got abused a fair bit by the locals as a South-East Asian woman .
I'm a black girl and I'm a complete and utter virgin (no dating, kissing, sex,etc.) and I wouldn't mind dating someone not black. I always have celebrity crushes on white guys. My dream guy is Adam Brody.
Paroxy
Tettsure

Only five blacks? Wow, that must have been hard on you to be such a minority. And your environment sounds rough. And yes, Louisiana is everything you've heard that it is. Though, since I live in Lafayette I don't think it's as bad as other areas in the state, but it's still very bad. For example, my cousin was kicked out of school recently for looking his white principal in the eye while speaking. It's horrible. I get funny looks when I'm walking down to street if I'm wearing a band t-shirt that's out of the norm for black people to listen to. They're actually surprised that I listen to rock. I've actually encountered a black male who was literally offended that I despise hip hop. I said I may not be able to leave because I wouldn't even know how. The thought of leaving anytime soon is a very impossible fantasy. I mean, I've never had a job and I can't even drive yet. I'm far, far away from the independence I need to live in another state (especially since I've never actually been out of my state, except for going to Florida over five years ago).
Seriously?! Holy hell, that's pretty sickening. Looks by both races or mainly blacks? Well, I would be offended too if someone said they happened to dislike an arbitrary type of music that I did. I mean, the nerve of those people to not like my personal tastes. razz If you really want to move to greener pastures, can I recommend a "Check-List of Independence"? Create alist of skills and items you would need in order to start living independently and cultivate them down in Louisiana. When you get closer to managing those skills, creae another part of the list for things you would actually need to leave Louisiana for another place. It will not be completed any time soon, so you would still be far, far away from independence, but it gives you a guide and a clear checkpoints to complete to reach your ultimate goal. Plus, a lot of those skills may make your life better ad more manageable as you start to enter independence or if you remain dependent even if you were not to leave Louisiana.

Hallowed Gekko

My guy is half Brazilian, half Swedish;; he got more of the Brazilian than his brother did. People see him as Mexican more often than not, heh.
I'm white. Uber-white. With a dash of Native American.

My family gives me s**t about it [that and age difference / how we met].
Even my bio-family, with one exception, was against dating out of Germans, even when they were here in America. And my [adoptive] father is quite possibly the most arrogant, bigoted, race-hating person I know. What he says / threatens to do behind closed doors makes the KKK look like a bad prank. It shames me to say I even know him. talk2hand
It's odd, because where I live in Southern California, Caucasians are the minorities to Latinos.

But I don't really care. My guy makes me happy. ^^
Metheshrew
Son Kurichi-Kai
Digital Sentiments
Why is there a thread like this? It's not the 1800s where Biracial couples get hate and aren't accepted in the social norm. This is the future and Biracial couples are something normal. I don't see why there needs to be a thread about it.

If it's normal where you are then that's awesome! For others, we still deal with racist and bigoted remarks from ignorant people. Also, it's just nice to know that there are others here that are supportive of you when you're constantly met with resistance. Fortunately, that hasn't been mine and my fiance's story, but we've also come across people who would stare and some that were rude enough to say hurtful things.

Thanks for summing it up quite beautifully. smile

You're very welcome! biggrin

Beloved Spook

50,350 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
I'm white & married to a Mexican.

My family rarely talks to me. The only time I hear from them is when they remember to call to tell me that someone else in our family passed away.

And I'm lucky if they even remember to do that. The last time I heard from my family was this time last year when my cousin called to tell me that his mom passed away.

I visited him after the funeral, where he told me how I was lucky that someone had even remembered to call me in the first place & the only reason he did was because he found my name & number in her cell phone & he didn't know who it was because she had a friend with the same first name as mine, so he thought he was calling her. (She had first names only in her cell phone)

If I try to call them, they won't answer the phone. No matter what day, or what time it is I call.

Loyal Pup

5,175 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
I love white guys and I am full black my little brother looks light-skinned even though he is full black too, so when he was younger people used to think that he was adopted or my mother was baby sitting when we were at the store and that was weird too me but now my mom is the only one that is cool with the fact that i really only like white guys, everyone else says things like "why do you hate being black", or other things like that.. it just kinda sucks
Hey guys! I'll respond to new posts as soon as I can. Something must be wrong with my notices that I'm not getting them when people post here.

Scurvy Raider

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
I'm Hispanic (Colombian) and my Fiance is as white as they come, like glow in the dark white lol (I mean that with love). In my state interracial relationships aren't rare but they are also not super common, it's more in the middle.

Most young people in my state don't really care about race. The only people that sometimes seem weirded out are really old people (but not all). I have caught more than one older person staring or looking at us weird when we are walking around holding hands. That's basically it, we have never gotten any negativity, insults or anything from anyone other than that.

Also, both our families don't really care about our races. I'm like the only colored person at his family reunions but everyone is really nice and I have never gotten insulted or anything because of my race.

My family is mestiza (White European/Native Colombian) so I have family who are super white and others that are caramel. So my parents don't really care about my Fiance's race. If anything they are glad that I will marry a white guy and not a black guy. They don't mean that in a racist way, is just that most black guys around here are "gansters" wannabes (Pants falling, hip-hop getup, not very nice/acting all tough and mean, etc.).
Gaara_evil_cookie
I'm Hispanic (Colombian) and my Fiance is as white as they come, like glow in the dark white lol (I mean that with love). In my state interracial relationships aren't rare but they are also not super common, it's more in the middle.

Most young people in my state don't really care about race. The only people that sometimes seem weirded out are really old people (but not all). I have caught more than one older person staring or looking at us weird when we are walking around holding hands. That's basically it, we have never gotten any negativity, insults or anything from anyone other than that.

Also, both our families don't really care about our races. I'm like the only colored person at his family reunions but everyone is really nice and I have never gotten insulted or anything because of my race.

My family is mestiza (White European/Native Colombian) so I have family who are super white and others that are caramel. So my parents don't really care about my Fiance's race. If anything they are glad that I will marry a white guy and not a black guy. They don't mean that in a racist way, is just that most black guys around here are "gansters" wannabes (Pants falling, hip-hop getup, not very nice/acting all tough and mean, etc.).

I'm glad you are in a happy relationship with your fiance and his family. heart

It's a little disheartening to hear that about the male black community where you live, though, but I sort of understand where your family is coming from. When your experience consists of mostly a negative stereotype it's really hard to view things differently. I had a bad experience with a stereotypical black guy in my younger and more naive years, and it took me a really long time to not see all of them as the stereotype. I think my dad helps a lot, because he's the best dad in the world and he's black. 3nodding

Celebrating Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Citizen 200
Look at my sig. Im happy with just me! and you all should be to......But for some reason...i always wanted to to date a chines guy..there is cute! emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff