Welcome to Gaia! ::

I feel really bad for you, but you have family, too, right? So, they will be there for you when your friends are long gone. I don't even have the same friends I had in grade school, high school, college, but my sisters are my best friends. I have cousins that are great friends and I love my nephews and neice to death! People can be cruel and they may just be jealous of you, so involve yourself in an afterschool program like theater or an art program to reconnect with students who have similar interest and that may become lifelong friends. Youth groups are great in churches, if that's your thing or if you have a community service that you can involve yourself in that will make you forget anything negative they have to say and make you fell great about yourself again.

I hope that helps and remember, those people are going to end up a bunch of losers with no friends when all is said and done.
See? You're in a better mood already. Thank goodness for the miraculous healing powers of techno music! By the noodly appendage! (I've been learning a few Pastafarian prayers... It's kind of neat). Oh, and something important to remember - always be in a good mood, especially around depressed people. I've learned these things can be very infectious.
Well I'm hoping you feel better really I can imagine that getting that out feels better. I really enjoyed talk to you it made me feel...not so alone. Thank you and I do hope everything works...

There is always a spark of hope if we just believe.

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays !!!
TERIkell
I feel really bad for you, but you have family, too, right? So, they will be there for you when your friends are long gone. I don't even have the same friends I had in grade school, high school, college, but my sisters are my best friends. I have cousins that are great friends and I love my nephews and neice to death! People can be cruel and they may just be jealous of you, so involve yourself in an afterschool program like theater or an art program to reconnect with students who have similar interest and that may become lifelong friends. Youth groups are great in churches, if that's your thing or if you have a community service that you can involve yourself in that will make you forget anything negative they have to say and make you fell great about yourself again.

I hope that helps and remember, those people are going to end up a bunch of losers with no friends when all is said and done.

I'm an only child and I'm not particualarly close to my parents. They'e there, and they try. They give me food to eat, a house to live in, and all of those essentials. But they're not the type that you would want to spill out all of your problems to. sweatdrop I'm trying to find an after shcool program, but I haven't found any yet. I think that would be really good for me though.
Gator-aide
Well I'm hoping you feel better really I can imagine that getting that out feels better. I really enjoyed talk to you it made me feel...not so alone. Thank you and I do hope everything works...

There is always a spark of hope if we just believe.

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays !!!

Awwies. Thanks a bunch. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you too. heart
DainTrinity
See? You're in a better mood already. Thank goodness for the miraculous healing powers of techno music! By the noodly appendage! (I've been learning a few Pastafarian prayers... It's kind of neat). Oh, and something important to remember - always be in a good mood, especially around depressed people. I've learned these things can be very infectious.

Lol, it is true. Thank you so much, you really did help me out here. I truly do appreciate this.
Don't thank me; I'm a right, not a previlege. Just remember that I might not be serious right now, but at any time you need something intense, serious, or solemn, I'm very skilled at that as well. I'm the master at simply dropping my mood and getting a new one. It's quite scary.
The suggestions that have been posted so far are great, but if you think you might have social anxiety and/or depression, I highly recommend Anxiety and Depression for Dummies and the companion workbook. I was diagnosed with depression about 3 years ago, social anxiety around 6 months ago, and I've found it extremely helpful. It might also be worth it to see a psychologist (not to be confused with a psychiatrist, whose job is to prescribe medication) if this has been a long-lasting problem for you.
Chemical Daisy
I've never felt so miserable or alone in my life.

I've always had friends that I could talk to, and that could understand me.

All of those friends have lost contact with me.

I also had a bit of a falling out around February of this year.

I only have about 2 people that I know would really truly care about me.

I try to make friends, I try to be outgoing and nice.

Everytime I start a conversation I feel like the person I'm talking to has no intrest in me whatsoever, and then it just ends up in an extremely akward silence.

People hate me for no reason, they sit and make fun of me, call me ugly, and say my nose is too big.

I know I'm not beautiuful, but I'm not terribly unattractive. I've always been average.

I can't stand how people from my classes make fun of me, jokingly. And they act like they've known me my whole life, they call me stupid, and they joke about it. Usually it dosen't bother me, but day after day, it really gets to you.

I feel so miserable. Here I am typing this, sobbing. It's bad to be alone, but it's worse to feel like nobody will ever understand a single thought in your head.

I've never really felt like I have a purpose or belonged anywhere.

I've been like this for a while, and I thought it would get better, maybe just one of those short-lived phases.

But I just can't take this.

I can't seem to get rid of this feeling.

I have always relied on myself, and I knew if I thought about something for a while, the answer would come to me.

This is one thing that I cannot figure out.

I really need some help.

First of all *grabs you and gives you a big ole hug* its cool man i know where your coming from. Through growing up i've lost a s**t ton of friends, and lost contact with so many. Its sad. But it happens. I'm sure more than a handful of people here can agree. You know if you ever need anything theres tons of us on this site, who are willing to listen or give advice 3nodding
im sorry but i dont know what to do/

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
Show them you better side, just dont let yourself be influenced by their corrupted perception, convert the negative into positive be strong like a rock, when they see your inpenatrable they will stop harassing you with their thoughts.

Your not alone you have got real people supporting you, just behind laptops and computer desktops, lol.

Here is a interesting quote i found on gaia
"you all laugh at me because im different , i laugh at you because you are all the same "

I hope it will help you cheer up a little to, dont worry somtimes, people just feel low.
I used to be a little bit like that.
Just find something that makes you happy, or makes you laugh, or even just helps you escape for a little while.
I've noticed that if something amuses you, you're generally in a better mood for at least a little while afterwards. Maybe reading this, or writing comics that make no sense.
If you need to escape for a while, find a good book series, a TV show, or a video game. I play World of Warcraft for that reason, specifically. On a game like that, you even have the chance of making very good friends.

You could also laugh when you're made fun of. Laugh at the total hypocrisy of what people are saying because, no doubt, they've done it at some point. Or even imagine them doing something stupid like painting themselves purple and bouncing around on a pogo stick. If you laugh at them, they actually tend to loose more confidence than you do.

Also, find people you can vent to. Even online, anyone on this board whose offered to help, heck even I'm up for grabs. And if you can't find someone online, take up ranting in a blog. Livejournal.com for instance. People generally aren't interested in someone else's personal life on livejournal, so they're not likely to read it. If nobody reads, no one can make fun of it.

And if all of this fails...Warm cookies and milk. They give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside that nothing else can really beat. You could also hug random family members, which kind of gives you the fuzzy feeling, but not as much.

It's easier to make friends when you feel better about yourself, so eventually when you start getting a hold of things, there will be people out there who aren't as bad as you thought they were.
Kind of like the song lyrics, "It's funny how you find you enjoy your life when you're happy to be alive."

Hope I helped. biggrin
I hate people like that.
People who judge you without a care in the world - without knowledge of who you really are.
I know it's hard to believe people when they say they know how you feel,
but I really do know how you feel.
There are so many rumors about me in my school - how I don't eat for days and days on end, or how I've dated every single guy in sight.
I can't cope with it. I don't know how people can just make the conclusions from nothing. No logic or anything - they just choose you to pick on.

If your friends are there for you, talk to them. Even if you're not the person to reach out for help or anything, talk to them.
I love my friends to death, and they really do help sometimes.
Same thing happened with me and my bf of 8 years. It was bothersome at first, but you just have to keep going. And you can't just go up to anyone. It just sort of happens, really, with all the enduring friendships.

Beloved Bloodsucker

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Chemical Daisy
Tomi001
Try to stand up for yourself a little more. It might be hard but people will respect you more for it, and they won't feel like they can say whatever they want about you. If you do, it probably won't happen overnight, but things will eventually get better.

Other than that, you might have depression or something...

I don't really know how to stand up for myself without sounding like a total b***h. And I feel like that would just repel people even more.

then be a b***h love, i know i was where u are now awhile ago. the only way u can fix it is to stand up and tell others whats what.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff