Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Genius

LilPinkCandy
Thisistotallyridiculous
LilPinkCandy
Thisistotallyridiculous
ChemicaI Warfare
Thisistotallyridiculous
I get more annoyed by omnivores who always assume, no matter how polite a vegan is, that the vegan is judging them and being preachy when all they're doing is presenting facts.

They automatically go into defense mode because it makes them question their lifestyle.

"Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

And when someone dispels those myths, of course they get angry because it makes them uncomfortable.

They shove information down people's throats without any concent.

Sometimes information needs to be shoved down people's throats. Honestly people need to know the information and it's depressing how ungrateful people are when someone takes the time and effort to present the information to them.

Since when did everyone hate information? Since it was UNCOMFORTABLE. Simply psychology that drives all omnivores' arguments. Ugh.

You would think eating meat was a religion.
User ImageA lot of times what's being presented is propaganda which doesn't make it fact all of the time. Either way, no one wants something shoved down their throats.

Honestly I find eating a meatless/animal product-less diet to be revolting to my tastes. I don't like A LOT of things. I'd probably starve myself if I was forced to live a vegan lifestyle.

You should see my facebook and tell me what all is propaganda: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002853109077

Sometimes people interpret simple information sharing as 'someone shoving things down their throats' when that information just happens to discomfort the listener. It's a defense mechanism that allows people too weak to face reality to avoid it and insult the one trying to wake them up.

I know you're going to call me a preachy vegan when I post this, but really:

lol.

I'm a picky eater too. Eating animal carcass is just plain NASTY to me and I would rather die than have to eat it. Blech.
User ImageI'm not clicking either of those. The thought of eating most veggies, meat substitutes and veggie casseroles is just plain NASTY to me. It doesn't make me wrong. I need to eat to survive and I cannot survive on what YOU think I should eat. No amount of your links or videos will change my mind. Some people aren't meant to be veggie.

I don't understand why people get so fanatical about what they put in their mouths. I too, could not live on what she thinks "I should be eating" and none of the links or videos are going to make me change my mind.

Fashionable Shopper

Elizabeth of York
LilPinkCandy
Thisistotallyridiculous
LilPinkCandy
Thisistotallyridiculous

Sometimes information needs to be shoved down people's throats. Honestly people need to know the information and it's depressing how ungrateful people are when someone takes the time and effort to present the information to them.

Since when did everyone hate information? Since it was UNCOMFORTABLE. Simply psychology that drives all omnivores' arguments. Ugh.

User ImageA lot of times what's being presented is propaganda which doesn't make it fact all of the time. Either way, no one wants something shoved down their throats.

Honestly I find eating a meatless/animal product-less diet to be revolting to my tastes. I don't like A LOT of things. I'd probably starve myself if I was forced to live a vegan lifestyle.

You should see my facebook and tell me what all is propaganda: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002853109077

Sometimes people interpret simple information sharing as 'someone shoving things down their throats' when that information just happens to discomfort the listener. It's a defense mechanism that allows people too weak to face reality to avoid it and insult the one trying to wake them up.

lol.

I'm a picky eater too. Eating animal carcass is just plain NASTY to me and I would rather die than have to eat it. Blech.
User ImageI'm not clicking either of those. The thought of eating most veggies, meat substitutes and veggie casseroles is just plain NASTY to me. It doesn't make me wrong. I need to eat to survive and I cannot survive on what YOU think I should eat. No amount of your links or videos will change my mind. Some people aren't meant to be veggie.

I don't understand why people get so fanatical about what they put in their mouths. I too, could not live on what she thinks "I should be eating" and none of the links or videos are going to make me change my mind.
User ImageI wouldn't call myself fanatical in that I don't care what other people eat but I've always been extremely picky. I believe that it stems from the growth hormone problem I had when I was little. I was too little to understand that eating is needed to survive so I barely ate anything... the result was extreme picky-ness. I've gotten ALOT better but there's still a ton of thing I just won't touch. Now I get hungry and I reached just over my goal height.

I'm vegetarian, but I definately don't preach to people ever about how they should become vegetarians. Oddly though, I've had someone rant to me before about how "humans are supposed to eat meat" and how "I've put myself at the bottom of the food chain." =.=;

I hate preachy, self-righteous people in general.
xXDarkNimeLoverXx
I have a friend and he is a vegetarian to, I mean Im a red skin (native american) for goodness sake its in my culture to eat meat, so I hate when people come up to me like oh "Enjoy your cow burger!" Its like "I will"
Me not eating it wont stop them from butchering the animal. My friend even said "Im dissapointed in all of you for eating meat." I mean wouldnt you call that judging? I don't know man but it also bugs me.

Do you also hunt your own animals? I learned in school that the Native American culture taught to respect all living creatures and thank the animals for their sacrifices. They were taught to make use of every part of the animal. It was a necessary staple for them.

It's not a necessary staple for you though. And supply will equal demand. If you're buying from factory farms you're also paying for the torture of these animals. You're directly perpetuating their misery. I'm sorry this does come off as judgmental but I'm sure you didn't know up until now that the animals live horrific lives for our 'convenience' foods.

But don't worry, it's really easy being vegan. There are tons of faux meats on the market that taste BETTER believe it or not, than the real thing.

A few of my favorites: Tofurky Hickory Smoked Deli Slices, Boca Chick'n Patties, Trader Joe's Chicken-less Mandarin Orange Morsels, Trader Joe's Meatless Meatballs, and I've never liked bacon so I haven't tried it yet but I hear Smart Life makes a very good bacon alternative.

Cheese: Try Daiya cheddar style shreds for your macaroni and cheese. Daiya mozarella style shreds for your pizza. Yum.

Milk: almond milk is my personal favorite, and I think the most popular one. But there's also soy milk, hazelnut milk, oat milk, rice milk, hemp milk, coconut milk, even flax milk.

Ice cream: You can make your own vegan ice cream with recipes online - it's easy and fun. There's also Trader Joe's Soy Creamy Cherry Chocolate Chip ice cream with is honestly the best ice cream I've ever had, vegan or not.

Baking without eggs: equal parts banana and peanut butter makes an AWESOME egg substitute for chocolate chip cookies. My mom said they were the best cookies she's ever had. There's also Egg Replacer that works phenomenal. And there are tons of recipes for fluffy vegan cupcakes. Chloe Coscarelli has won not one, but two Cupcake Wars with her vegan cupcakes, against non-vegan ones. Her website is here: www.chefchloe.com

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Thisistotallyridiculous
Pink Plaid
Veggie for 10 years and I've never been preachy.

If you've never been considered 'preachy' by an omnivore then you're not passionate and you've never discussed your reasons for being veggie with anyone. Ever. That or you've run into a much higher class of people than I have. Lucky!

There are some severe issues with factory farming that need to be addressed that I don't see how any logical, somewhat feeling person could NOT be passionate about. If you're not aware of them that's understandable though.

Basically if you ever talk about factory farming, ever, you're going to be considered 'preachy'. It's the most ridiculous bullshit...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You say that if you aren't considered preachy they aren't doing it right, and then you say that calling it preachy is bullshit. You also consider people who don't find it preachy a "higher class of people" you're basically an evangelist. I mean there's nothing wrong with that and I'm respectful to evangelists if they understand that I'm aware of what is said in the bible, that I'm aware that the intentions of the evangelist are only to help me, it doesn't change the fact that i'll never be an evangelist.

Victorious Survivor

11,325 Points
  • Married 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Gender Swap 100
I love eating meat. I'm sorry, but i do. I think cows, chickens, and pigs taste ******** delicious.
While I disagree with the way some, if not most, are killed for food...It's not going to stop me from eating it.
I respect vegans and vegetarians for their beliefs, but it's not for me.
Elizabeth of York
Thisistotallyridiculous
Elizabeth of York
Thisistotallyridiculous
Elizabeth of York
Thisistotallyridiculous

lol.

So your basically saying that anyone who doesn't agree with your lifestyle is using it as a defense mechanism to avoid reality?

There's a difference between someone disagreeing with my opinions (based on common sense which most people are unable to share when their views are clouded by discomfort and their tradition... just saying) and insulting me merely for presenting facts. Insulting me merely for presenting uncomfortable facts is the most common manifestation of denial.

And I'm sorry I have to correct your spelling error. In that usage, it would be 'you're'. I'm not trying to be a smart a** I just have OCD that drives me crazy if I don't correct spelling errors. If I spell a word wrong I totally lose it too so it works both ways.

What's common sense to you isn't common sense to someone else. Also, just because someone doesn't wish to listen to you're fanatical beliefs doesn't mean it makes them uncomfortable with their lifestyle choices. Perhaps they really just don't give a ********. Personally, I am comfortable watching something get slaughtered and then eating it.

How is torturing animals not fanatical?? I think you're misunderstanding what I mean by torture. I literally mean torture. I don't mean slaughter. These animals are in fact, tortured.... Their entire lives...

How is that not radical??????

And I'm supposed to give two ******** about the life of a cow or any other type of livestock who's only purpose in life is to be eaten? I could care less how they were raised (just as long as they weren't ******** by some beastiality nympho, which to me is torture and wrong on so many levels). And yes, you are fanatical in the sense that you feel the need to spread the word to every single person whether they care or not and try to make them believe exactly what you believe from you're own one sided view.

Cows are raped for milk. Google it.

Fashionable Shopper

Thisistotallyridiculous
xXDarkNimeLoverXx
I have a friend and he is a vegetarian to, I mean Im a red skin (native american) for goodness sake its in my culture to eat meat, so I hate when people come up to me like oh "Enjoy your cow burger!" Its like "I will"
Me not eating it wont stop them from butchering the animal. My friend even said "Im dissapointed in all of you for eating meat." I mean wouldnt you call that judging? I don't know man but it also bugs me.

Do you also hunt your own animals? I learned in school that the Native American culture taught to respect all living creatures and thank the animals for their sacrifices. They were taught to make use of every part of the animal. It was a necessary staple for them.

It's not a necessary staple for you though. And supply will equal demand. If you're buying from factory farms you're also paying for the torture of these animals. You're directly perpetuating their misery. I'm sorry this does come off as judgmental but I'm sure you didn't know up until now that the animals live horrific lives for our 'convenience' foods.

But don't worry, it's really easy being vegan. There are tons of faux meats on the market that taste BETTER believe it or not, than the real thing.

A few of my favorites: Tofurky Hickory Smoked Deli Slices, Boca Chick'n Patties, Trader Joe's Chicken-less Mandarin Orange Morsels, Trader Joe's Meatless Meatballs, and I've never liked bacon so I haven't tried it yet but I hear Smart Life makes a very good bacon alternative.

Cheese: Try Daiya cheddar style shreds for your macaroni and cheese. Daiya mozarella style shreds for your pizza. Yum.

Milk: almond milk is my personal favorite, and I think the most popular one. But there's also soy milk, hazelnut milk, oat milk, rice milk, hemp milk, coconut milk, even flax milk.

Ice cream: You can make your own vegan ice cream with recipes online - it's easy and fun. There's also Trader Joe's Soy Creamy Cherry Chocolate Chip ice cream with is honestly the best ice cream I've ever had, vegan or not.

Baking without eggs: equal parts banana and peanut butter makes an AWESOME egg substitute for chocolate chip cookies. My mom said they were the best cookies she's ever had. There's also Egg Replacer that works phenomenal. And there are tons of recipes for fluffy vegan cupcakes. Chloe Coscarelli has won not one, but two Cupcake Wars with her vegan cupcakes, against non-vegan ones. Her website is here: www.chefchloe.com
User ImageI DO NOT WANT fake meat. I would NEVER eat fake meat. It is my personal believe just like you have yours that I am not meant to eat fake meat. Not everyone is a veggie and not everyone will ever be. I don't care how good you think that they taste- I would never eat that.

You do not need to be Native American to have respect for the sacrifice an animal so that you could live. I thank the Lord in my heart at every meal for God providing it for me. I feel respect for the animal on my plate that had to die so I could eat. I'm not going to eat fake meat because someone on the internet thinks I'm wrong. You can believe I'm wrong. I can also believe that your ways are not for me. I won't say your beliefs are wrong but they sure are NOT for everyone.

You don't want to eat real meat- that's great. But stop preaching to everyone else and telling us we are wrong.

LilPinkCandy
Thisistotallyridiculous
LilPinkCandy
Thisistotallyridiculous
ChemicaI Warfare
Thisistotallyridiculous
I get more annoyed by omnivores who always assume, no matter how polite a vegan is, that the vegan is judging them and being preachy when all they're doing is presenting facts.

They automatically go into defense mode because it makes them question their lifestyle.

"Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

And when someone dispels those myths, of course they get angry because it makes them uncomfortable.

They shove information down people's throats without any concent.

lol.

No amount of links or videos will change my mind because you won't click them. xd
And sorry but I have to point out the lie that you can't survive on what I eat. My meat substitutes taste way better than the real thing. No veins, no blood, no connective tissue, no nasty film that covers a chicken breast, no bones, just perfection in every bite. smile
Valtiel the Watcher
Thisistotallyridiculous
Pink Plaid
Veggie for 10 years and I've never been preachy.

If you've never been considered 'preachy' by an omnivore then you're not passionate and you've never discussed your reasons for being veggie with anyone. Ever. That or you've run into a much higher class of people than I have. Lucky!

There are some severe issues with factory farming that need to be addressed that I don't see how any logical, somewhat feeling person could NOT be passionate about. If you're not aware of them that's understandable though.

Basically if you ever talk about factory farming, ever, you're going to be considered 'preachy'. It's the most ridiculous bullshit...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You say that if you aren't considered preachy they aren't doing it right, and then you say that calling it preachy is bullshit. You also consider people who don't find it preachy a "higher class of people" you're basically an evangelist. I mean there's nothing wrong with that and I'm respectful to evangelists if they understand that I'm aware of what is said in the bible, that I'm aware that the intentions of the evangelist are only to help me, it doesn't change the fact that i'll never be an evangelist.

Pay attention to what you're saying. You're actually putting words into my mouth based on your prejudice attitude.

I didn't say she wasn't doing it right. I said she wasn't passionate and that's just the simple truth, no judgment about it.

And I really have to go to work, so I can't respond to the rest right now.
LilPinkCandy
Thisistotallyridiculous
xXDarkNimeLoverXx

User ImageI DO NOT WANT fake meat. I would NEVER eat fake meat. It is my personal believe just like you have yours that I am not meant to eat fake meat. Not everyone is a veggie and not everyone will ever be. I don't care how good you think that they taste- I would never eat that.

You do not need to be Native American to have respect for the sacrifice an animal so that you could live. I thank the Lord in my heart at every meal for God providing it for me. I feel respect for the animal on my plate that had to die so I could eat. I'm not going to eat fake meat because someone on the internet thinks I'm wrong. You can believe I'm wrong. I can also believe that your ways are not for me. I won't say your beliefs are wrong but they sure are NOT for everyone.

You don't want to eat real meat- that's great. But stop preaching to everyone else and telling us we are wrong.

God didn't provide you with that meat. A poorly paid and poorly treated factory farm worker did. Oh and let's not forget traumatized and more often than not, desensitized. These are highly stressed individuals which is why there are undercover videos that come out practically daily that document new cases where the torture went beyond what's standardized in the industry.

These animals are tortured, and "A good man takes care of his animals, but wicked men are cruel to theirs." Proverbs 12:10

Are you a 'good man' or a 'wicked man'? Because whether you deny it or not, these animals are yours.

You need to know how you're paying people to treat your animals.
www.thewarhasonlyvegan.blogspot.com/p/dairy.html

"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict."

Hot Exhibitionist

9,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I think they need to get over themselves. Like every other animal on the planet, I have the right to eat what the ******** I want. It's not that I "can't" give up eat. It's that I'm not going to and you're going to ******** deal with it.

Hot Exhibitionist

9,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Thisistotallyridiculous

Are you a 'good man' or a 'wicked man'? Because whether you deny it or not, these animals are yours.

What if I'm not a Christian and don't believe this bullshit?

It's not mine until it's on my plate.

Fashionable Shopper

Thisistotallyridiculous
LilPinkCandy
Thisistotallyridiculous
LilPinkCandy
Thisistotallyridiculous

lol.

No amount of links or videos will change my mind because you won't click them. xd
And sorry but I have to point out the lie that you can't survive on what I eat. My meat substitutes taste way better than the real thing. No veins, no blood, no connective tissue, no nasty film that covers a chicken breast, no bones, just perfection in every bite. smile
User Image It is not a lie. I cannot survive on what you eat. You do not know my health or my medical problems. Not everyone can be veggie. Your right; I will not click the links. I do not want my mind changed because veggie is not for me. I need meat in my diet.

Fashionable Shopper

Thisistotallyridiculous
LilPinkCandy
Thisistotallyridiculous
xXDarkNimeLoverXx

God didn't provide you with that meat. A poorly paid and poorly treated factory farm worker did. Oh and let's not forget traumatized and more often than not, desensitized. These are highly stressed individuals which is why there are undercover videos that come out practically daily that document new cases where the torture went beyond what's standardized in the industry.

These animals are tortured, and "A good man takes care of his animals, but wicked men are cruel to theirs." Proverbs 12:10

You need to know how you're paying people to treat your animals.
www.thewarhasonlyvegan.blogspot.com/p/dairy.html

"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict."
User ImageWe pay for the meat, cook and eat it. I do not torture the animals. We do not have the time to spend days trekking to a farm to buy it. It is simply not allowed in the schedule that is kept. I do not buy the food we eat here- my boyfriend and his parents do.

I've been eating meat since I could remember. I've been meat even when I was eating very little due to my medical problems. I'm not going to stop just because some self-righteous vegan says so. And no, I am not clicking on your obvious propaganda website. If you want people to believe and click on your sources at least get non biased ones.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff