Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Glad to see whos more intelligent here. Also, I love how you completely ignored my post on how I have to eat meat for medical reasons.
Thanks for letting me win this agrument. lol
CestTiffany
I Shall Grant You NoMercy
If you really loved tortured animals so much, youd be defending them, not trying, and failing to act witty.
CestTiffany
OH MAH GAWD?!?!1!1 A TYPO?!?!1!1!
User Image
CestTiffany

[iAre you really that stupid?]
promblems with Vegatarins.

4chan called.
They want their recycled memes back.

umad bro?
Thats pretty much the only response I have for you. You dont deserve any more. wink

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
CestTiffany
Sweet Peppermint Tea
CestTiffany
Sweet Peppermint Tea
CestTiffany

Of course not. I prefer the troll that likes suffering, because then I feel justified after my meal.

yum_tea A most excellent tale, Brorpheus. I'm not sure what the point of it was, because you're basicly saying you're totally cool with contracting a degenerative brain disorder, in which case I'd still have the last laugh. <3

Heart disease. Brain disease. Same thing.

yum_tea Heart disease: treatable via a variety of chemical and surgical methods. Possibility to survive good with early detection.

Degenerative brain disorder: untreatable. Survivability nil.

Yup. Totally the same thing. biggrin

Possible to survive but takes the most lives in the US. Yeaah.
Kay I'm done playing with you, lol. This is getting too weird to keep up.

yum_tea And eating meat has very little to do with it, actually. The intersection of poverty (which leads people to buying and consuming cheaper, lower quality foods composed primarily of salt and fat) and an increasingly sedentary American lifestyle is what has caused the spike in both morbid obesity and, correspondingly, heart disease.

Meanwhile, those few tribal cultures in the world that practice ritualistic cannibalism are beset by degenerative brain disorders contracted by the consumption of human flesh that are rapidly depopulating their respective societies. Honestly, I think I'd rather deal with the totally-treatable, totally-survivable heart disease.
CestTiffany
If you really loved tortured animals so much, youd be defending them, not trying, and failing to act witty.
CestTiffany
User Image
CestTiffany

4chan called.

umad bro?
That's pretty much the only response I have for you. You don't deserve any more. wink

emotion_facepalm
"umad bro?"
That is never the appropriate response to a legitimate argument,
nor does it make your case any more appealing.
Thisistotallyridiculous
ChemicaI Warfare
Thisistotallyridiculous
I get more annoyed by omnivores who always assume, no matter how polite a vegan is, that the vegan is judging them and being preachy when all they're doing is presenting facts.

They automatically go into defense mode because it makes them question their lifestyle.

"Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

And when someone dispels those myths, of course they get angry because it makes them uncomfortable.

They shove information down people's throats without any concent.

Sometimes information needs to be shoved down people's throats. Honestly people need to know the information and it's depressing how ungrateful people are when someone takes the time and effort to present the information to them.

Since when did everyone hate information? Since it was UNCOMFORTABLE. Simply psychology that drives all omnivores' arguments. Ugh.

You would think eating meat was a religion.

Uh. No. Information never needs to be shoved down peoples' throats. And it shouldn't be.
If you want to gain information on your own time, fine, but hurling it at someone who doesn't want
it or hasn't asked for it is rude and stupid. It's not going to make them any happier with said information
than they were when they didn't want it, because they still don't want it. You're just giving it to them
in an obnoxious manner.

Information only gets uncomfortable when it's being shoved down peoples' throats.

Well it very well could be, based on the way some people worship their diets.
The Cute Peanut
Thisistotallyridiculous
ChemicaI Warfare
Thisistotallyridiculous
I get more annoyed by omnivores who always assume, no matter how polite a vegan is, that the vegan is judging them and being preachy when all they're doing is presenting facts.

They automatically go into defense mode because it makes them question their lifestyle.

"Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

And when someone dispels those myths, of course they get angry because it makes them uncomfortable.

Sometimes information needs to be shoved down people's throats. Honestly people need to know the information and it's depressing how ungrateful people are when someone takes the time and effort to present the information to them.

Since when did everyone hate information? Since it was UNCOMFORTABLE. Simply psychology that drives all omnivores' arguments. Ugh.

Uh. No. Information never needs to be shoved down peoples' throats. And it shouldn't be.
If you want to gain information on your own time, fine, but hurling it at someone who doesn't want
it or hasn't asked for it is rude and stupid. It's not going to make them any happier with said information
than they were when they didn't want it, because they still don't want it. You're just giving it to them
in an obnoxious manner.

Information only gets uncomfortable when it's being shoved down peoples' throats.

You haven't seen any of my posts. Okay here's an example. I post something about how veganism is good for the planet, the animals, and humans alike, right? All positives and I make sure to put lots of hearts and smilies in my post to get it across to people that I'm not judging them. Totally trying my hardest not to sound preachy about it since I already know this topic makes people hate me. Then a bunch of omnivores start insulting me and talking about all the meat they're eating just because they read my post.

Do you think I was forcing those people to read my post? Do you think I was shoving the information down their throats simply by creating a post about something I care deeply about?

Excuse me if I seem rude but what can you expect when I have to deal with people insulting me every day just for CARING ABOUT SOMETHING. God forgive me, I give a s**t.
Jazzness
CestTiffany
CestTiffany
User Image
CestTiffany

4chan called.

umad bro?
That's pretty much the only response I have for you. You don't deserve any more. wink

emotion_facepalm
"umad bro?"

She has ridiculous responses, not worth my time. Hah
Miss "LOLCAPSLOCKS" and coming up with ridiculous insults never spoken save for inside her own mind.
Clearly, she is mad about something. She proved my point. She has a "medical" condition that means eating meat is "okay" for her, but the fact that people choose to not eat meat challenges her.
Thisistotallyridiculous
ChemicaI Warfare
Thisistotallyridiculous

I have not always been a vegetarian.
I have never felt that I should force my views on others.
My boyfriend is an omnivore.
He does not force his views on me or others.
I am capable of intelligent arguments and thoughtful rebuttals,
he is capable of intelligent arguments and thoughtful rebuttals.
It has nothing to do with diet of all things.
Saying "Simply psychology that drives all omnivores' arguments," is like saying "all vegetarians/vegans are preachy."
wink
CestTiffany
Jazzness
CestTiffany
CestTiffany

4chan called.

umad bro?

emotion_facepalm
"umad bro?"

She has ridiculous responses, not worth my time. Hah
Miss "LOLCAPSLOCKS" and coming up with ridiculous insults never spoken save for inside her own mind.
Clearly, she is mad about something. She proved my point. She has a "medical" condition that means eating meat is "okay" for her, but the fact that people choose to not eat meat challenges her.
Regardless, "umad bro" is never the right response.
Unless you're joking with friends.
Jazzness
Thisistotallyridiculous
ChemicaI Warfare
Thisistotallyridiculous

Saying "Simply psychology that drives all omnivores' arguments," is like saying "all vegetarians/vegans are preachy."
wink

Actually, no.
Omnivores is the majority, Vegetarians are the minority.
We as a race dislike difference, hence rasism, sexism, and being homophobic are performed by the majority.
CestTiffany
Jazzness
Thisistotallyridiculous
ChemicaI Warfare
Thisistotallyridiculous

wink

Actually, no.
We as a race dislike difference, hence rasism, sexism, and being homophobic are performed by the majority.
You must see the problem with saying, "all," omnivores.
Not, "all," omnivores are incapable of being empathetic with the views of vegetarians.
Some omnivores do in fact have reasons beyond, "disliking difference."
It varies from individual to individual.
Not to offend you and your logic.
(No malice intended)
Unless your response is particularly enthralling, I am done with this thread.
Good night and live and let live.
emotion_brofist
Jazzness
CestTiffany
Jazzness
Thisistotallyridiculous
ChemicaI Warfare
Thisistotallyridiculous

wink

Actually, no.
You must see the problem with saying, "all," omnivores.
Not, "all," omnivores are incapable of being empathetic with the views of vegetarians.
Some omnivores do in fact have reasons beyond, "disliking difference."
It varies from individual to individual.

I said we as a race, not we as an individual, nor did I say "all omnivores", I only stated the omnivores make up the majority.
Thisistotallyridiculous
The Cute Peanut
Thisistotallyridiculous
ChemicaI Warfare
Thisistotallyridiculous

in an obnoxious manner.

You haven't seen any of my posts. Okay here's an example. I post something about how veganism is good for the planet, the animals, and humans alike, right? All positives and I make sure to put lots of hearts and smilies in my post to get it across to people that I'm not judging them. Totally trying my hardest not to sound preachy about it since I already know this topic makes people hate me. Then a bunch of omnivores start insulting me and talking about all the meat they're eating just because they read my post.

Do you think I was forcing those people to read my post? Do you think I was shoving the information down their throats simply by creating a post about something I care deeply about?

Excuse me if I seem rude but what can you expect when I have to deal with people insulting me every day just for CARING ABOUT SOMETHING. God forgive me, I give a s**t.

Dear, I was not referring to you specifically in any of that. I was referring to what you said. I'm sure that you're polite about it.
HOWEVER, when I read "sometimes information needs to be shoved down peoples' throats" I responded to that.

I haven't seen all of your posts, but I did read through the first three-four pages. I wasn't replying
to all of them, though, or I would have quoted them all to respond to.

Moving on.

I never said I thought that you were forcing people to read your post -- which you're not.
And I'm certainly not saying that it's alright for anybody to be insulting you for supporting a cause, which
is a very valid one. All I'm telling you is that I think you're wrong in what you said about information being "shared".
I'm in complete support of animal rights activists, vegans, vegetarians, and all the like.
What I'm not in support of is they way that many of them go about with their blame games to
people who don't necessarily do what they're doing, or don't necessarily care about the cause.

We're all entitled to our own opinions on those sorts of things, and just like you give a s**t about
the big-eyed cow being put to use for meat, not everybody else does.

When people start attempting to force others to think what they think, that's when it becomes a
problem, and that's when it becomes tiring. That's all I'm saying.

8,400 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Overstocked 200
I'd imagine most people (who oppose a viewpoint) hate being exposed to militant supporters of that viewpoint. It's why you see so many threads about "atheists this" and "Christians that".

Other than that, there's not a lot to contribute to a thread that's obviously so inflammatory and full of people just looking to butt heads.

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
CestTiffany
Jazzness
Thisistotallyridiculous
ChemicaI Warfare
Thisistotallyridiculous

wink

Actually, no.

yum_tea Because dietary choices are just like skin color, sex, gender, and sexual orientation!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff