Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stop smoking pot and contribute to your society

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I always thought of all this "America is so lame and tries to controll it's populace" was always the perfect example of other countries doing the very thing they're accusing America of. Basically the North Korea method of controlling the public opinion.

Adored Admirer

Marcus Junius Brutus
GuardianAngel122
Stop smoking pot and contribute to your society

So people who use marijuana can't contribute to their society at the same time?

Nope. They're busy being faded.

Anxious Prophet

Oni Shenta
Dolce Rogue
Oni Shenta
Dolce Rogue
Oni Shenta
Dolce Rogue

Yes.
I have American friends that are close to me, and thankfully they seem to be aware of what's going in their country. However, I've met many others that are just ******** up.

Control exist everywhere. Yet I am to see a culture that allows true freedom.

Yeah I know it exists everywhere, but it seems that America is a nation with a particular kind of control.

It's called FEAR. And it's the most powerful.

I don't think it's fear.
It's ignorance.

When they're so much fear, you start to ignore it. Along with everything else that may be good for you.

That's why none of them are willing to learn. The mind is smart enough to shut out all the fear, it's just not smart enough to turn it back on.

Fear is one of the ways we're controlled. Example; Patriot Act. It can only be done so frequently before it fails. I mean, you don't see Ireland under total lockdown after a couple of car bombings. Mexican schools have a simple drill for cartel violence that may happen nearby(Or so Dolce tells me). Here in the states, six schools shut down in my county one day when there was a shooting NEAR a college campus, nothing to do with the school. Fear only works on Americans when it disrupts their comfort. If we lived the constant chance of being blown up or filled with lead it would be far otherwise.

The ignorance is what gets us the most. It comes from out illusions of choice and being made docile by our comforts and being kept distracted from real issues.

Our generation outnumbers the baby boomers, yet there are more voters from the older population because corporate owned media made damn sure we didn't care enough to vote and at least TRY to make a difference. No, instead we let our owners run all over us and then think sharing some picture of a diseased kid or starving African is making a difference.

Shy Gaian

I don't feel as if I'm under any kind of control.

Greedy Giver

yeah, I know what your talking about, and I think the word your searching for is FOX NEWS: America's leader in fear mongering

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
No country is perfect.
As and for fear, why ensure citizens that they are going to be okay if you don't know for sure. I would rather live in fear than to not know whats going on.
I love my country!

Greedy Receiver

I do not believe we are controlled by fear as there are jo persecutions for speaking our minds about the government, president, or anything.for that matter. We are a gaggle of confused geese, perhaps. Half of us have a mind and can see how the country would be better if we pulled all our resources back from other countries to fix up our s**t and make ourselves better as a country and yet another half feels fine allowing decisions to be made and feel cool with how things are going. It's not as black and white as thay, but hopefully I am getting my thought across from this stupid phone.

The media does not influence all of us. Reality shows, pointless, b'aaawwwing politics, and whatever else is easily avoidable. Some research on their own, others just live their lives.

I just do my thing. I have my family, I care for them. I think of what the future holds if we don't fix things, but America isn't a terrible place. It will hopefully get better when we're out of this economic slump.

Timid Seeker

People are controlled in every country and in every culture, either by religious imposition of moral order or by political campaigns to establish social solidarity through misinformation.
neutral since everyone hates america soo much why dont we withdrawl our resources from the world and see what happens...
They are also under control by processed foods, wait. "foods" is the correct word.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff