Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
So as I'm sure some of you know I've done modeling in the past getting paid $100 an hour. So I had a my first photo shoot in a couple years set up for next weekend after the photographer had to take some time off due to family issues and my life being very busy.

I was super excited but then saw my photographer post a very transphobic post on Facebook regarding the new law that may ban trans women from using women's washrooms. I was disgusted and can't imagine sharing a creative vision with someone so closed minded and hateful.

So now I messaged him explaining I would no longer be working with him. I'm bummed I'm going to lose out on doing a fun photo shoot and losing a few hundred dollars. But I had to stick with my principals and not help someone like that. But my boyfriend told me he is very proud of me.

So LD...
Have you ever had to turn down a good opportunity to stay true to your principals?
If so what was it?
If not would you or would you just ignore what you believe in to profit?

Demonic Lunatic

Being true to your principles is thankless, but I can look in the mirror and say "I'd party with that guy, he's cool and has integrity".

Juniper Mead's Husband

I want to read word-for-word what his Facebook post said, frankly, for you to ignore the fact that he would give you his money every hour just to bend your joints and look pretty.
But you were paying for a service, not for someone who agrees with your views.
I am completely pro-gay rights, but I still eat at Chik-Fil-a because I like them waffle fries.
emotion_drool

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Well, I guess you had to stay true to your principles, but I mean, it's just an opinion; it's not like he was asking you to protest trans people or something

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff