Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blitzkrieg Beauty
No you haven't.

I think that now "goths" are seen as teenagers who have nothing better to do than withdraw from the world, and pretend that everybody hates them because they're different because they wear $100 Tripp pants that their mom bought for them.

My best advise to these kids: People don't hate you because you're "different" they hate you because you hate them for thinking they hate you.

I think you're thinking more of the emo style.

The real gothic subculture as it's known, is a lot more... vibrant-in a darker kind of way. Gothic and dark-fetish night clubs are all over the place. Goth's aren't hateful or resentful towards people in general. It's just finding beauty and happiness in contradictory and different ways. A dying rose for example. Goth's also express themselves in less mainstream ways. As for the clothing style, anyone going around in $100 Tripp pants calling themselves "goth" are asking to get a spiked boot up their a**. The clothing is another way Goth's express themselves.
iTom
PiercedPixie56
iTom
PiercedPixie56
Everyone knows goths are Satanists rolleyes

Untrue.

if you think im serious, bash your head into the pavement please.

Theres actually no pavement around ;D

I think most Goth people are Satanists also.I mean they are obsessed with Black Nail Polish,Heavy metal rock music,Wiccan rituals,black clothes,scary movies,Supernatural,Ghosts,Spirits.It is HARD to believe that Goth people are not Satan Worshippers.Or some of them are just plain Atheists.>_>;
Alexander Wolf
Blitzkrieg Beauty
No you haven't.

I think that now "goths" are seen as teenagers who have nothing better to do than withdraw from the world, and pretend that everybody hates them because they're different because they wear $100 Tripp pants that their mom bought for them.

My best advise to these kids: People don't hate you because you're "different" they hate you because you hate them for thinking they hate you.

I think you're thinking more of the emo style.

The real gothic subculture as it's known, is a lot more... vibrant-in a darker kind of way. Gothic and dark-fetish night clubs are all over the place. Goth's aren't hateful or resentful towards people in general. It's just finding beauty and happiness in contradictory and different ways. A dying rose for example. Goth's also express themselves in less mainstream ways. As for the clothing style, anyone going around in $100 Tripp pants calling themselves "goth" are asking to get a spiked boot up their a**. The clothing is another way Goth's express themselves.
I'm talking the teenagers who have "tortured souls".

The ones that if you ever called emo, they'd flip out.
The ones who claim they are "goths."

I'm not one to care about what people wear, but when they start using it as an excuse to act like a complete a*****e, I start to.

For example, some girl I was fighting with said to me, "You just hate me because I'm different."
I said, "No, I hate you because you're a b***h, don't give yourself that much credit."
Someone will say labels suck
Someone will say it's Tripp clothing and other Hot Topic gear
Someone will mention Slipknot, Korn, Manson or Cradle of Filth and associate said band(s) with goth.
Someone will make a statement to the effect that the three above fail/are stupid/need to injured/need todie.
Someone will mention Bauhaus, the Cure or Siouxsie and the Banshees.
Someone will say it's an appreciation for darker aspects of life
Someone will say it's not about the clothing
Someone will say it's whatever you want it to be

Now that I've covered the most common responses, can we let this s**t die?

In conclusion, I give you the doublepalm, for making yet another one of these damn goth threads.
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces