Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Phantom

So I’m a girl and I have a girlfriend. We’ve been a couple for nearly a year, but I work constantly and am often out of town. We finally got to spend some time walking about her home town, which is extremely small and located just next to a forest in the mountains.

I had only dated one other girl, but we weren’t affectionate towards each other. But my gf if very affectionate and we hold hands when we’re off walking together, which is really nice. But a lot of people stare when we do, cars will slow down, some people look at us and then immediately avoid looking at us at all. One car even honked at us. Now, this is FAR FAR from other possibilities. I’ve encountered the Phelps family many times in person and other anti-gay protesting scum. But it’s strange to be in a normal setting and have people watching, I mean, maybe they are even pro-gay, I have no idea. It doesn’t offend me that people look, people just do that, it’s uncommon to see where she lives- unlike my home town where there are gays everywhere. I don’t know how to not let it bother me I guess.

Has anyone here had this problem? What would you do if you were in this situation? Is it ok to just stare at couples?

Witty Girl

User Image

It really depends on where you live... i wouldn't do it in a small town because everyone knows you. but Where I live, Alexandria Virginia, it's okay... Saw a lot of same-sex couples holding hands in richmond too. It makes me smile.

User Image

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image probably has to do with the fact it's two girls being cutesy wutesy

High-functioning Dreamer

It's rude to stare at other people, ok i'll admit it's hard not to especially when it's something your not used to but it's still rude and inconsiderate
Dippoldism
It grosses me out so much when people are affectionate in public.
emotion_puke

thank goodness laws arent decided about what you do and dont like

Invisible Phantom

Moogle Voodoo
User Image probably has to do with the fact it's two girls being cutesy wutesy

XD I thought about this, since we are both girls they might think that we’re just friends. Girls do that sometimes.

Devoted Pirate

I'm the kind of person to flip them off and keep walking.

Invisible Phantom

Blackrose_Knight

*high five* me too. But only if I KNOW they were against it, some people just look... and that’s weird to me. I mean... it could be another gay person thinking ‘omg, people can do this in public, yeay!’ XD I know years ago I have done that.

Devoted Pirate

Fae Queen Mab
Blackrose_Knight

*high five* me too. But only if I KNOW they were against it, some people just look... and that’s weird to me. I mean... it could be another gay person thinking ‘omg, people can do this in public, yeay!’ XD I know years ago I have done that.
Ya, flipping off happens with open heckling/hating.

Most of the time its just ignored.

Invisible Phantom

I don’t know why so many people are against PDA in general. I don’t mind it at all. I’m also not making out in public, I literally meant that when I walk her from her house down the street to the woods where we take a stroll, we just hold hands. That barely counts. I’ve been with guys who have grabbed my a** and boobs in the middle of busy streets and all kinds of s**t. No one ever looked twice at that. I’ve seen plenty of older couples, 40’s, 50’s, hell I’ve seen 80 year olds walking while holding hands. Her parents do it constantly- and it’s adorable. I know that some people - for whatever reason- don’t like any couple doing it, and that it has nothing to do with being gay, but I really don’t understand why they are so against it. But with that being said, I didn’t have people stare at me when ever I held a guy’s hand. And to the guy who said that using the ‘straight people can do it, why cant I?’ isn’t a valid excuse, GO ******** YOURSELF YOU HOMOPHOBIC PIECE OF s**t. You think that’s not homophobic? You’re just as bad as those pieces of s**t who protest school with signs that say ‘Burn in hell fags’. And yes, I have every right to do whatever the ******** I want within law, and its fully legal to hold my girl friend’s hand in public. I cant even believe you have the nerve to say otherwise.

10,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
I'm not really one for PDA in general.

My bf and I, a straight couple, really only hold hands in public.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff