Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
And I got kicked out for walking in three minutes early. s**t, wow. Okay. So now I'm trying to gauge exactly when I'm allowed to walk in. I guess ONE PM EXACTLY. s**t. But someone else was just thrown out too.

So tell me how your classes are going so far.

And your college lifestyle? How's that going?
Well, I'm known fondly.

Aged Girl

Time get to class half an hour early sometimes. 0_o

Duuurn's Wife

Backwoods Hiker

Shark Bacon
And I got kicked out for walking in three minutes early. s**t, wow. Okay. So now I'm trying to gauge exactly when I'm allowed to walk in. I guess ONE PM EXACTLY. s**t. But someone else was just thrown out too.

That's because previous classes are leaving, maybe they had a quiz and someone was still finishing.

College classes aren't like HS, as long as you aren't 10 to 15 min late you're fine.
Nurse Kipsie
Do you?

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Aerachnais
Shark Bacon

That's because previous classes are leaving, maybe they had a quiz and someone was still finishing.

College classes aren't like HS, as long as you aren't 10 to 15 min late you're fine.

Right, this is my second go around in college, I'm furthering my degree, so I'm not totally new to college.

But three minutes early was too early? Jesus. It was just the teacher sitting there at the desk. No students. It was totally weird.

I hate to start out on the wrong foot with my teacher, though.

Precious Hellraiser

12,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
The new semester doesn't start until the 26th for me. But so far, my first semester of classes went by pretty well. All of my professeurs were reasonable except one who just did not teach the class and was just horrible at his job. I seriously believe he free lanced the whole class. No lesson plans or anything. Other than that my college experience has been great so far. I made more friends in my first semester of college than I did in my 4 years at high school, and I'm more outgoing than I used to be too.

Wealthy Hoarder

Ok that's plain weird. I've been known to sit in the room for 30 minutes to an hour before class starts.

Ask as to why you were kicked out.

Bashful Star

three minutes early and you were kicked out?
      ridiculous, some teachers are just so very picky.
      other than that,
      how did your classes go?

mine have been fine,
      my art appreciation teacher is super upbeat and makes the class interesting,
      met two people and hoping to meet more,
      expand my horizons and get a little bit more social.

Borg

Shark Bacon
And I got kicked out for walking in three minutes early.

What????

I've seen people get in trouble for being late, but early? On the first day?

What an a*****e. evil

Bloodsucker

....Was there other students still in the classroom from the previous class?
If not that professor is very meticulous, I would ask why.

My classes are going ok.
I basically have the same instructors and classmates as previous semesters since the business classes are all in one area with the same professors.

Aged Girl

Azg
Nurse Kipsie
Do you?

Yeah, that's what I meant to say but the iPad does this autocorrect thing.

Magical Senshi

Had a pop quiz in one of my classes on the first day. Someone almost got kicked out. It's gonna be rough.

Duuurn's Wife

Backwoods Hiker

Shark Bacon
Aerachnais
Shark Bacon

Right, this is my second go around in college, I'm furthering my degree, so I'm not totally new to college.

But three minutes early was too early? Jesus. It was just the teacher sitting there at the desk. No students. It was totally weird.

I hate to start out on the wrong foot with my teacher, though.

Well I'm not going to say you should have questioned her, but that feels strange.

High strung teacher then, perfectionist maybe? Seems like the issue is with her, not you, and you shouldn't worry about it.

Some profs, as you probably know, don't really care about their students and just want to do their job & get paid.

( you didn't include that you had been in college before, so apologies on the assumption. )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff