Nope. 0.30916030534351 30.9% [ 81 ]
Total Votes:[ 262 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25 26 > >>

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
People at my school look at me like I am crazy when I tell them that I have never drank alcohol---unless you are going to count the time my parents let me have a sip of Mimosa. Maybe people can not comprehend the fact that I am still a teenager, and my idea of fun is not going to parties when the notion of getting drunk. (A lot of people in my school only go to parties for the drama, hook-ups, and alcohol.

Not to say that I won't drink. What I am saying is that people do not get that you can enjoy life without having to get drunk. I am seventeen, and I have more important things to worry about.

Having people saying "LOL U DON'T DRINK? LOSER" just makes me feel like crap. If anything, that is one of the reasons why I will probably end up drinking in the future---because of idiots begging and putting me down. Peer pressure.

Even if I am afraid. I've been addicted to things people--pain killers for one. What is to say that I will not become an alcoholic?
everybody has good points so bump
blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh I a drug and alchohal free!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
I don't do/have never used drugs or alcohol.

It doesn't interest me in the least, whats so fun about sitting in a basement throwing your life away?

I'd rather be at a party with loud music, soda and jumping till my legs go numb, then be at a "party" at someone's house with a keg and cocaine.

My brother has done drugs and still drinks alcohol [he's 18], I'm not following in his foot steps of peer-presure.
Hes in college and getting A's but I still disagree with my parents about letting him drink.
I personally don't like the giving up of control of my mind to drugs or alcohol, so I avoid them. Plus it seems quite expensive most of the time to get any 'good' alcohol according to my friends. Throw on top of all of that I have a strong sense of taste and I'm quite glad I don't drink.

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
I have tried alcohol and I've come to the conclusion that it upsets my stomac (even one glass of wine will do the trick) and I don't like the taste of most drinks. So I don't drink. It's not really something that I decided it just kind of grew that way. It can be hard to say no to people, but most of my friends know and they don't mind or try to force me to drink.

As for smoking, the smell of cigarets was enough to make me never want to try. That's why I've never tried weed or so. Besides soft drugs are legal in this country and after 200+ lessons about the effects of drugs and how to use them responsibly, etc. I couldn't see the stuff any more.
Smoking anything is bad for you period. Don't go into cigarette vs pot either i've heard it and i want to hear it again.

I don't smoke or do drugs but i've have seen what it can do....and if you want to get emphysema when you are older i suggest you stop.

don't know what emphysema is? well i'll give you a little blurb on what is is.

Emphysema is caused by tar deposited in the lungs when you breath in the smoke. the alveoli's ; the small air sacs that pick up oxygen from the blood get inflamed and they lose there elasticity and eventually break or rupture and no your lungs can not repair this.

unfortunately because it develops over a long period of time the symptoms don't show until you've reached the severe stages.

shortness of breath and reduced physical activity are the main symptoms...eventually it will get to the point that you have hard time breathing even while lying down.

basically this disease slowly suffocates you.

No cure to it and the only treatment is to relieve the symptoms.

yah so there is my mini medical lesson. But most likely non of you smokers care about it right?
I'll die way before that happens. Trust me, sister. I'll have a blood clot and keel over from a heart attack.

Nice medical lesson. I knew all that already, being a pre-med/Biology major. However, here's a suggestion. Make sure to get your spelling right when talking with medical vocabulary. It's very easy to confuse things. Also, the way you word your sentences makes it seem like you're saying to do something positive to get a negative effect. For example:

"...and if you want to get emphysema when you are older i suggest
you stop."

You wanted to say STOP smoking or you'll get emphysema, correct? Well, with the connotation that was given, even with the sentence taken out of context, it seems as though you're telling someone to stop and when they do, they will get emphysema.

I'm not saying it to be an a**. Someone could understand you in a completely different light without you realizing it.

Oh, and the topic is drugs and alcohol and whether or not you do it. No one asked for a lecture.
I have drank before.... but never to get "drunk". I just like the taste of some them..
I'm constantly pressured to smoke weed, but honestly I don't find the fun in it. Plus it smells like crap.
I already have enough things to worry about in this world, I don't need the illnesses that come with alcohol and drugs.
I'm 21 and I only drink at special occasions. I've also never done drugs. So, you aren't alone. razz
First off, I'd like to point out that I'm English and the legal drinking age is 18 over here.
Just so I don't look like an underage drinker.

I do drink but I don't drink to excess.
I probably have about four/five glasses of wine a week, if that.
I don't go out on a night with the intention of getting drunk.
I go out with the intention of having a good time.
I don't need alcohol to do that but I do enjoy the odd drink.
I've never been properly s**t-faced before but I do get tipsy on occasion.
I only actually started drinking earlier this year and I'm 20.
I never saw the appeal in getting hammered or drinking at parties when I was a young teen.
[Discounting the fact I wasn't invited].

I can respect the fact that a lot of people don't drink or do drugs.
I don't do drugs either.
But I get really pissed off when people treat you like you're a bad person because you like a drink.
What exactly are we doing wrong?
I mean, we're not hurting anyone.
Not everyone who drinks is going to develop a disease because of it.
I don't pressure straight-edge kids into having a drink so they shouldn't pressure me to stop.

I'm not addressing the topic starter or anyone on here in particular, I'm just voicing my opinions.

450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Pope of Dope
Almighty Toilet Plunger
And I'm constantly hearing kids in my school bragging about how they got so high on x day and they can't wait to go smoke at x person's house and blah blah blah blah. I just don't understand. I just don't get it. D: Whyyyyy?

Your thoughts, LD?
»Exactly, you dont. Because you have never done it, and because you have created such a big deal of Marijuana, you have created a mental block which puts it on the value of crack cocaine. Which it isnt. Now if you were talking about meth, and alcohol, I could understand. But the fact that you group Marijuana with them is what amazes me with your stupefying close-mindedness.

Now, what your doing right now, is creating a bad habit, like not eating somebody else's gum because its already been chewed. Fact is, if they are perfectly healthy, why not? There is absolutely no scientific proof which says that it is bad if they are perfectly healthy. Though just the though just disgusts a person to the point where they have a chill up their spine and cant sleep at night.

Whyyyyy?

That is what I dont understand. Why burden your self with never ending fear?

There are two kinds of sufferers in this world: those who suffer from a lack of life, and those who suffer from an over-abundance of life. I have always found myself in the latter category, while you are obviously in the first. When you come to think of it, almost all human behavior and activity is not, essentially, any different from animal behavior. The most advanced technologies and craftsmanship bring us, at best, up to the super-chimpanzee level. Actually, the gap between, say, Plato or Nietzsche, and the average human is greater than the gap between that chimpanzee and the average human. The realm of the real spirit, the true artist, the saint, the philosopher, is rarely achieved. Why so few? Why is world history and evolution not stories of progress, rather this endless and futile addition of zeros? No greater values have developed. Hell, the Greeks 3,000 years ago were just as advanced as we are. So what are these barriers that keep people from reaching anywhere near their real potential. The answer to that can be found in another question, and that's this: which is the most universal human characteristic: fear or laziness?

- Max, Gaia's Socrates.«

Or maybe she's just smart enough to have fun without drugs.

Just because you don't do drugs doesn't mean you don't live; think I'm really against it? I'm for the legalization of drugs, and never have done them, nor do I ever plan to. "Whhhyyyy?" I don't need them to have fun. Put me in a room with my friends, and that's all I'll ever need to be alive.
I am totally against drugs and alcohol.
Like you said, people are always telling me, "Oh that's what you say now, but just wait until you're older..."

Well. I'm smart enough to know that there are better ways to have fun than getting drunk or high.
How do you find fun in risking your life?

And on top of that, the smell, oh the smell.
I could never do drugs or alcohol because I'd be too busy being sick over the horrid smell!
»
[ E v e l y n ]
Pope of Dope
Pope of Dope
Almighty Toilet Plunger
And I'm constantly hearing kids in my school bragging about how they got so high on x day and they can't wait to go smoke at x person's house and blah blah blah blah. I just don't understand. I just don't get it. D: Whyyyyy?

Your thoughts, LD?
»Exactly, you dont. Because you have never done it, and because you have created such a big deal of Marijuana, you have created a mental block which puts it on the value of crack cocaine. Which it isnt. Now if you were talking about meth, and alcohol, I could understand. But the fact that you group Marijuana with them is what amazes me with your stupefying close-mindedness.

Now, what your doing right now, is creating a bad habit, like not eating somebody else's gum because its already been chewed. Fact is, if they are perfectly healthy, why not? There is absolutely no scientific proof which says that it is bad if they are perfectly healthy. Though just the though just disgusts a person to the point where they have a chill up their spine and cant sleep at night.

Whyyyyy?

That is what I dont understand. Why burden your self with never ending fear?

There are two kinds of sufferers in this world: those who suffer from a lack of life, and those who suffer from an over-abundance of life. I have always found myself in the latter category, while you are obviously in the first. When you come to think of it, almost all human behavior and activity is not, essentially, any different from animal behavior. The most advanced technologies and craftsmanship bring us, at best, up to the super-chimpanzee level. Actually, the gap between, say, Plato or Nietzsche, and the average human is greater than the gap between that chimpanzee and the average human. The realm of the real spirit, the true artist, the saint, the philosopher, is rarely achieved. Why so few? Why is world history and evolution not stories of progress, rather this endless and futile addition of zeros? No greater values have developed. Hell, the Greeks 3,000 years ago were just as advanced as we are. So what are these barriers that keep people from reaching anywhere near their real potential. The answer to that can be found in another question, and that's this: which is the most universal human characteristic: fear or laziness?

- Max, Gaia's Socrates.«
QFE, BTW, Nyome = ******** Genious as well.

I'm am so tired of hearing this argument from potheads who just want to go smoke out in public without getting arrested. It's bullshit. Pot is a mentally addictive substance. I don't care what ANYBODY says. I've watched it ruin lives, friendships, and relationships because everything became about getting that release at the end of the day. So, no. It's NOT different from alcohol or meth or cocaine. It's not PHYSICALLY addictive, but it is most certainly mentally addicting.

The most hilarious thing about your entire post is how you start out talking about pot and how it's not so bad. Then you proceed to move on to intelligence level and technologic/philosophic advance. THEN you start philosophizing about how nothing has advanced because, perhaps, humans are afraid or lazy. That's really laughable. Pot smokers are the most lazy people on this planet. I've never met someone who just smoked a joint that decided to get up and run around, doing something productive. Going to Wendy's to get yourself a cheeseburger because you're starving due to smoking too much pot is not productive.

Pot smoking is counterproductive just like every other drug that everyone subdues themselves with. So, get off your high horse, Mr. Pot Smoker. You're just like everyone else, an addict who needs their fix in some way, shape, or form.
If you've watched it ruin lives. Then that person is a pathetic excuse for a human being. Because exactly as you said, its JUST mentally addictive. When you succumb to that, you succumb to the ability to not stop masturbating or chewing gum, because thats what mental addiction is. When you do the same s**t with Crack, you start punching people in their faces and vomiting everywhere.

Now you tell me they are the same.

Also, I have Athsma, and it is scientifically ******** proven to help prevent athsma attacks because of the way it relaxes your bronchules. Because THC is a dialative agent. Now you tell me I'm ******** risking my life. Also, The LD*50 of Marijuana or the amount it takes to overdose is approximately 25000 pounds in 15 minutes, or 15000 pounds in 1 minute. Now if you can induce a harmful reaction from marjuana, I applaud you.

Quote:
You wanted to say STOP smoking or you'll get emphysema, correct
False, with Marijuana it affects your smaller capillaries instead of your larger ventral passage ways. Therefore, the only thing you'll EVER risk with extreme Marijuana smoking is Bronchitis at the MOST.

Quote:
yah so there is my mini medical lesson. But most likely non of you smokers care about it right?
Your medical lesson only applies to Cigarettes. I smoke my weed out of Bongs, and Vapes mostly so I'm getting a great deal of tar reduced. Not only that, but the amount of carcinogens in Marijuana is Zilch compared to Cigarettes. The active ingridients in Marijuana which get you high, being CBD THC and I forgot the last one, are in NO WAY related in Cancer. In fact, the THC is also scientifically ******** proven to kill old, or aging cells which are the ones MOST proned to ******** up in mitosis, or what is known as Cancer. You are all epic fails so far.

The thing I find laughable is the fact that you managed to use 4 different generalizations in one post and the fact that you were too stupefyingly slow to realize the point of that paragraph. Its not about Human advancement or evolution, its about every single human beings potential. Yet another EPIC FAIL on your part.

Quote:
I've never met someone who just smoked a joint that decided to get up and run around, doing something productive. Going to Wendy's to get yourself a cheeseburger because you're starving due to smoking too much pot is not productive.

Your only logical argument is a shitty one at that. Because of people like you, I smoke 3 more blunts and do more research on it, so when people who abuse their sober status as a position to act like a jackass to people who do, I can show you how wrong you are.

I not only get A's in nearly every class but AP World History. But I also I'm nearly the fastest runner in my P.E class and every day I manage to make money if I need it, without a job.

Now tell me thats counter-productive. Also, your in no way different, because apparently your fix is acting like a jackass to people who do smoke weed. What you notice about people, is even when your not doing real drugs, your still abusing the naturally produced drugs of your body.

Look at it like this. Lets say a person argues they dont smoke pot because they get high on life. Well the only way to be high on life is abusing your dopamine, opiate, serotonin, and adrenal glands/transmitters. For cops they abuse their adrenal gland by chasing people every day. Its a scientific fact that the veins within their brain grow 3x-4x larger to accommodate, and abuse drug. As for Dopamine, hell have you ever heard 'You get high before you even start smoking?' its what they say at NA meetings. Because you your self, are an addict to something, and when you get it, your dopamine transmitters fire off like crazy giving you the feeling your crave. As for opiates, well thats just masturbation, and its easily more addicting that Marijuana, because it releases nearly every single one of these chemicals when you orgasm. So tell me, have you ever seen anybody ruin their life over masturbation? A real drug?

RTFM n00b.«

Bashful Shapeshifter

7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
boten justice
I am totally against drugs and alcohol.
Like you said, people are always telling me, "Oh that's what you say now, but just wait until you're older..."

Well. I'm smart enough to know that there are better ways to have fun than getting drunk or high.
How do you find fun in risking your life?

And on top of that, the smell, oh the smell.
I could never do drugs or alcohol because I'd be too busy being sick over the horrid smell!

Kyaaa, agreed. I hate when I walk past someone and they like, reek.

I also hate the whole 'prude' thing. My cousin was like "Well s**t, you're in 10th grade, you're probably partying all the time now."

And she was like stumbling over herself like some ******** moron, slopping beer all over the place.

I just sort of stared at her.

>>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas