• Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Tipsy Kitten

why not just use tumblr?

Tipsy Kitten

xingpathways
Toki Bird
why not just use tumblr?

I do have a tumblr but all I do is reblog. I know how to make gifs (because tumblr is largely picture-oriented), but the process I use is a time-killer to be honest.
I'm barely involved with who I follow, and I don't have many followers.
tbh this is my fault for not promoting myself or really creating posts that people like.. or just meeting other people.

I wanted to try a network that's new and Medium slightly interested me.

I've never heard of it.

I like Pinterest

Dapper Pup

xingpathways
unlike what my avi suggests, I'm not relatively young.

Quote:
I will be a freshman in college this year

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Either we've got two totally definitions of the word "young" or you started late

Also Tumblr or Blogger seem more like sites you'd use. Especially if you have no clue what you're doing or want to do.

Lonely Prophet

11,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
Toki Bird
I've never heard of it.

I like Pinterest

I suppose not many people have heard of it xD
what's interesting though is that it approximates the amount of time a post is read

I've heard of pinterest but it doesn't seem like something i'll use very often.

Lonely Prophet

11,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
Mister Okami

Well I mean the youngest you have to be on here is 13, ahaha.
I do use tumblr but I was curious about how others use Medium. I mean.. there are numerous types of entries on the website.
Again, I wanted to at least see what Medium does for others as a sns.

Magical Tree

I think all "professional" bloggers got hired by those buzzfeed people to make crappy quizes and also by all those stupid "catchy" headlines sites "this and this was there and you won't believe what happened next!" "the baby cried, and the dog did something amazing." ---- UGH. emotion_facepalm

Can't wait for that fad to pass.

I've never used medium, or tumblr or pinterest. I surf tumblr and pinterest for ideas though.

As for blogging... I pretty much stopped. I don't like writing to entertain or to inform. I'd rather just write conversationally - like I'm talking to you right now.

Lavish Loiterer

thewaitingtree
I think all "professional" bloggers got hired by those buzzfeed people to make crappy quizes and also by all those stupid "catchy" headlines sites "this and this was there and you won't believe what happened next!" "the baby cried, and the dog did something amazing." ---- UGH. emotion_facepalm

Can't wait for that fad to pass.

I've never used medium, or tumblr or pinterest. I surf tumblr and pinterest for ideas though.

As for blogging... I pretty much stopped. I don't like writing to entertain or to inform. I'd rather just write conversationally - like I'm talking to you right now.

I remember you. Or at least your name sounds familiar. I also dislike buzzfeed. Whenever I see a link by a friend on fb I just hide the post. Get that crap off my newsfeed. talk2hand

Wheezing Noob

Professor Alcoholic
"Professional Bloggers"

That still makes me laugh

Technically the term professional means somebody whose profession is that of a blogger. Meaning they are paid to blog.
There are professional fry cooks, professional paper boys. Professional anything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff