Welcome to Gaia! ::

If I wanted to develop a Japanese accent without going to Japan (I can't go to Japan), How would I do that?

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
Developing an* accent.

Hire a speech tutor. You know how actors obtain at least a somewhat accurate accent for movies? Yeah. Acting classes might be good, too.

Are you actually learning the Japanese language?
Well, I suppose you could watch a lot of subbed Japanese tv shows/movies...Why do you want a Jap accent?
Er. Why would you want to? Japanese accents are awful.

At any rate, learn IPA and then go to the speech accent archive and look at the transcriptions for the Japanese speakers.
why would you even want a Japanese accent? unless of course you just want to speak Japanese correctly where all you have to do is watch a lot of Japanese movies.
die kleine Fee
Developing an* accent.

Hire a speech tutor. You know how actors obtain at least a somewhat accurate accent for movies? Yeah. Acting classes might be good, too.

I don't have any money to hire a speech tutor biggrin I'm only 14 biggrin ! But yes, I am learning Japanese. I listen to a lot of Japanese music! I love J-pop and J-rock!!!!
celestial_earthquake
Well, I suppose you could watch a lot of subbed Japanese tv shows/movies...Why do you want a Jap accent?

A few reasons....... One because I rally like Japanese and stuff. The other reasons....aren't really important i guess.... lol biggrin
Kyotogero
why would you even want a Japanese accent? unless of course you just want to speak Japanese correctly where all you have to do is watch a lot of Japanese movies.

Yeah, that's another reason. I want to speak it correctly.
Byakuya_Taicho14
die kleine Fee
Developing an* accent.

I don't have any money to hire a speech tutor biggrin I'm only 14 biggrin ! But yes, I am learning Japanese. I listen to a lot of Japanese music! I love J-pop and J-rock!!!!

Oh no, it's another one of those kids that would dive in a river of s**t and lick the a** of a hybrid horse/cow to be Japanese.
8bit Pulses
Byakuya_Taicho14
die kleine Fee
Developing an* accent.

Oh no, it's another one of those kids that would dive in a river of s**t and lick the a** of a hybrid horse/cow to be Japanese.

Tsch...baka. You're wrong... but there's no need to explain that to you. stare

Witty Humorist

8,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
learn japanese?
japanese accent is a bit like filipino accent..
Byakuya_Taicho14
8bit Pulses
Byakuya_Taicho14
die kleine Fee
Developing an* accent.

Tsch...baka. You're wrong... but there's no need to explain that to you. stare

Wow, you know the word Baka?
So if I called you Ikari Baka Kuso, would you know what I said?
Grow up mate, if you're not Japanese, you don't need the accent. It's horrible, and hard to understand. In fact, if I was Japanese, i'd want the accent I have now, or something a bit more Chelsea/Soho.

11,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hive Mind 200
I'm sorry, but some people can never develope the desired accent they want unless the language was heard often at a young age. I'm not a linguistics major, but I do have to take the classes because I want to be an English teacher in Japan. But if you can't pronounce everything correctly now, you may never be able to. This idea is based on the Critical Period Hypothesis which is basically, if the language is not learned or heard often when you are a child you will never delelope the language entirely. domokun Though this has been proven wrong in some test, which I'm hoping to reach that goal.

By the way how long have you learned Japanese? My accent myself is pretty perfect, because I grew up watching Japanese kids shows all the time. I was also surrounded by a lot of Spanish speakers which has similar sounds as the Japanese language. But if I were you I wouldn't care to much about the accent, you should care about speaking like an actual native speaker. I live in Japan now and have what some people call Foreigner grammer, where you take usual grammer from your original native language and try to translate it into Japanese. Unfortunately it tends to have the opposite meaning. sweatdrop
Or he could stop thinking he's Japanese and maybe focus on passing through school before he gets all advanced with his language s**t.

What a bellend.

11,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hive Mind 200
8bit Pulses
Or he could stop thinking he's Japanese and maybe focus on passing through school before he gets all advanced with his language s**t.

What a bellend.
Yea that's probably true. I actually agree. Just take Japanese as the language class (I believe most school require a language to be taken) and then take it at college when you have more free time. Believe me the college classes are better. And if you really like Japanese so much actually go to Japan. It's not all that it's cracked up to be. If your learning Japanese just for the anime and manga, stop now because it's not worth while. sweatdrop
I only learn Japanese because I grew up with a lot of Japanese influence and my boyfriend is Japanese. Also it's required to learn Japanese at my university. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff