Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3

1 100.0% [ 141 ]
Total Votes:[ 141 ]
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 >

Depression Support Association

Feeling down? Not sure who to turn to anymore? I've been through it, too. And so have countless others. Whether your case is minor or severe, you can always find help here.

Let's create a community of people working towards happier lives!
[/cheesy]

Share your past or current experiences, and give or receive help here. We know what you're feeling, and if you feel we don't, tell us.

NOTE: Saff currently got her PSP taken away, and has no other means of getting online. She is currently at the library, but can't make frequent trips there. Don't fret, though. If you need help, my trusted moderators are there for you! Keep looking up towards a bright future! <3
Moderators

Think you can help? Let me know!

Kaenai
Psycho_Berry
CaprinaePsi
mooglemaster415
Tanaka Yuko

Encouraging Thoughts

mooglemaster415
hello. i am quite new to the concept of forums and of discussing various topics online. yet i am surprised and encouraged by the openmindedness and acceptance i came across while viewing this forum. opening oneself to others regarding the obstacles and struggles he or she faces is difficult to many, i can understand, but the atmosphere of care and kindness enveloping this forum can only assist in comforting those who strive daily to survive in this cold and unrelentless world.

i am glad to say that i live a relatively blessed life and that i have many things for which to be happy, yet sadly, depression can still easily take hold of me. i understand the feeling of emptiness, hopelessness, and despair that can accompany only that of depression, and it pains me to see so many of you also undergo those feelings above, and perhaps even more. i find that someone in whom i have complete confidence and trust aids me greatly in my pain.

i believe that although we suffer, there will be a point in life in which we will find our true happiness and joy. the time spent finding that joy varies for everyone, as everyone is an individual, but all of us will find peace, whether tomorrow or at the brink of death. i hope with all my being that those of you who read this will find your peace soon and that you will live a content life. that is my hope for you all.

Annnnd, Open!

Takes forever to do this on a PSP... Haha.

Sparkly Werewolf

8,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
Me? Well, right now I'm sad for no reason, but very happy because I'm about to eat a delicious dinner and tomorrow I'm doing alot.
I keep thinking of myself growing old and I don't like it...

The only things that makes me happy about that is that if I told myself,
People are inventing cream for wrinkles. If you excerise right and eat healthy, you'll have a healthy life to live. It keeps on coming though...o-o

Sparkly Werewolf

8,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
Safftastic
Annnnd, Open!

Takes forever to do this on a PSP... Haha.

Woah that's awesome.

I don't own a PSP so I wouldn't know. >.>
Perhaps it would be better to think about what good is happening in your life at the moment, such as you and your dinner. As for aging, everyone goes through it sometime in your life. I'm sure you are just as beautiful as ever. Ask a real life friend. I'm sure they'd say the same. (:
Ehh. PSP + Typing = Tiring

Sparkly Werewolf

8,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
Quite welcome! Thanks for dropping by. (:

Tipsy Wench

I have a mental illness, so obviously depression is a major part of my life. I don't really have a survival story or anything, it's still something I struggle with. My real issues right now are low self-esteem, memory loss (connected to depression?), and general numbness. I don't want to do anything, which is really bad because I'm in college. I need to be doing things or doing my best.

IRL Cupcake

22,675 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
so much positivity! I don't know if i can manage...

but I do a lot to stay mentally active - mental distraction is really the only thing that helps.

@ Kiwi :: you're not the only one. I went back to school this year, and I was really excited to be doing something new, but now... It's the same old story. Barely getting up in the morning, and not feeling like participating at all.

Aleksei's Waifu

Ruthless Strawberry

25,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Love Machine 150
I've learned that depression can cause a quick end to a friendship but from that I've learned that you always have a friend to talk to and who can help.

Good Evening
Yes, I've been through that as well, particularly last year. As Kaenai mentioned, a big problem was getting up in the morning. I nearly didn't pass that year because of it. I have to say that my friends (online, not in real life) did play a big part in cheering me up. I suppose it would be helpful to stay optimistic. Here's something I do sometimes. Whenever I find a bad, pessimistic thought in my head, I think of what someone might say to make it positive. If that made sense...
Yes, I must admit that if anything good comes out of depression, it's that you find who your true friends are.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff