Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3

1 100.0% [ 141 ]
Total Votes:[ 141 ]
< 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 17 >

Vertigo_Kiwi
Safftastic
I assume your trust level for the common person has dropped significantly, Kiwi?

Yea, it doesn't help that I don't really let anyone get close to me. As of right now, I don't have friends. My former best friend used to be so good to me, I could call her up and just cry. She would always be there for me. Then, I tried talking to her a couple weeks ago and she said, "You need to find new friends, I can't always be there for you."

That really crushes a person, you know.

I know it would, I my self don't have many friends, mostly because they can't grasp what Depression is and they jus get tired, but I did find some really good friends who have gone or are going through the same thing as me, and do want to find a way to fight depression. So don't give up yet, and if it's of any help, and if you really need it one day, you can vent with me, I'm a good listener smile .

Safftastic: Thank you, and I know in time everything will happen like I wish it to happen. it's just hard to see sometimes into a future that is just to obscure when you just started your journey.. but we should always have a positive view, right?
Safftastic
Devi; What'd you have? xD

I have some type of turkey dinner from Boston Market.....It was a frozen dinner thinger! 3nodding

IRL Cupcake

22,675 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
@ Kiwi :: I feel like that almost every day - almost all the time, actually. I come here so I don't have to think about it - but I promise that feeling goes away. Sometimes you have to find something that would otherwise be incredible (an opportunity, an activity, etc), and just jump in with both feet.

Maybe try doing something that doesn't last a long time, so you don't have a chance to get bored with it, and stick it out until the end. That way, you'll have a positive experience that doesn't have a chance to turn sour. 3nodding

Tipsy Wench

Hey thanks everyone for saying something to help me. I'm just going to go now, I feel weird. Angry and sad all at once, I just want to lay in bed and cry. So, maybe I'll go do that.

I'll probably return to this thread in the future, maybe tomorrow.
I have to go now. Continue this as long as you like, and I shall be returning later. Don't forget to stay optimistic!

IRL Cupcake

22,675 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Bye Kiwi! I hope you do come back! O:

and bye Saff - you're really great for making this thread. 3nodding
>.< Imma havingggg isssuessss.

All this crap is making my depression worse, and I don't know what to do about it...

So there's this guy. We'll call him J. So I met J this year, he reminded me...of me. He calls himself emo. Emotionally disturbed. Like I am. Just to clarify:not the steriotype emo, so get off my case. And I always try to be there for him, so he doesn't ever have to go through what I went through, because I see an image of me when I see his face. The way he thinks is quite alike my way of thinking.
But today, I didn't see him at school, and I was relieved. And I felt guilty about it. I was relieved because it put me through extreme stress to see him sometimes. Just because I'm afraid of myself. I feel really bad about it...but I just don't know how to deal with him.

I also believe I have a case of bipolar disorder. I looked it up just now...and I have most, if not all of the symptoms. ._. Not good. People have told me before that they thought I was bipolar, and I think they are right. I had an extreme depressed mood today, but was okay about an hour after I got home.

Yet while all this happens...I have no one to talk to. I'm not saying I have no friends, I do. I just can't talk to most of them. One of them...won't care. A few wouldn't understand. Some, can't deal with extra problems. And I can't talk to my parents...I can't let it all out anywhere. And yet, I can't talk to my friends about it anyways, even if they had the time. I don't trust anyone really. =/ I've been betrayed too many times to deal with more. I'd probably lose it if I had to go through that pain again.

A few years ago, I had a really bad bout of suicidal-ness, and I'm afraid of treading in those waters again. But with my increased emotional pain from what I believe is bipolar disorder, which has gotten really bad lately, I don't know if I can stay away. For a while now, I've had something to occupy me, to keep me happy. But that's now gone away, since all my friends don't have any classes with me, so I can't do anything to take up all that extra time.

I'm quite anti-social and get really claustrophobic in groups of people, so I doubt I'm really going to make any new friends in my classes any time soon. ._.

Aaaaand I'm dealing with a severe case of insomnia. I can go for days without sleeping, and then after like four days, I sleep for like 14 hours. ._. And I'm all like whaaaat? Because it hasn't been this way before, it just developed in the past month. Before then, my insomnia was simply not being able to sleep, and getting about 2 hours of sleep every night-that is if I was lucky.

Graaarg. Yeeeeeah. Any suggestionsss?
I don't really know if I'm depressed.

It's kind of in-between, if you know what I mean.

If you don't...well I don't feel like saying anything.

Anyways, nice thread.
Oh lord. That would be a long a** story, but I wouldnt call myself depressed. Just going through a tougher time. Im gonna work it out.

IRL Cupcake

22,675 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
@ identity ::

D:

You could be right! Some of what you've said sounds like classic symptoms of Bipolar Disorder - you should definitely try to talk to a doctor about it. There's a lot that can be done to alleviate your symptoms, and it sounds like you have a bit of anxiety (and maybe agoraphobia - I have both of those) on top of it. Do you ever have panic attacks, or do you ever find yourself wanting to literally run away from a situation, just to avoid a panic attack? o:

You shouldn't feel guilty about your friend. It can be really stressful on anyone to deal with someone else's issues, especially when you're going through/have gone through the same things. And I'm sure, even though it might bother him, he knows it too. He would feel bad, but not angry with you.

And having someone to talk to is a SERIOUS issue, a pressing one. You need to find a way to deal with that. Talk to your parents about finding you a peer group, or about finding a therapist who is long-term. Private practice is best - the doctors there are vested in their business, and won't be rotating every 6 months, so you'll have someone you can get to know, and who can get to know you. Don't be afraid to let them know if it isn't working, too. Personalities and treatment styles don't always match, so you may have to try a couple times, but don't give up.

You're not alone, even if you think you are, 'identity'. There are so many of us out here with similar issues.

-hugs-
thank god finally i can go somewhere and people wont say im complaining about life.
but today someone was telling me some things and it made me depressed. he was talking about his father and friend dieing and it made me really depressed. so throught the whole day ive been thinking about all my friends that have died and my mom who died of breast cancer. so today ive just been going off on people on gaia cause it gets me hella mad thinking how ******** up everybody i know that died.
I think depression is a real thng. and anything that helps youu get over it, it good. and i dont tell people how they shoudl be happy. and i expect the same in return... tom cruise.. dramallama

IRL Cupcake

22,675 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I am off to bed, but I'll try to come back again tomorrow. Everyone, take care! <33

~kae
Hi everyone. whee
My dad doesn't want me.
My mum abandoned me.
I live with horrible guardians.
I've never been good enough to please or impress them.
My friend Nathan is fed up with me.
My friend Lauryn is pissed at me for some reason.
My sister is a controlling b***h.
This guy Brent wants to beat the s**t out of me for slapping him.

Isn't it grand?

EDIT: If you want a more detailed story, PM or add me on msn.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff