Welcome to Gaia! ::

What crunchy things are you looking to get more into in 2013?

Eating healthier 0.465 46.5% [ 93 ]
Buying local 0.045 4.5% [ 9 ]
Recycling 0.045 4.5% [ 9 ]
Using less fossil fuels 0.045 4.5% [ 9 ]
DIY & upcyling 0.21 21.0% [ 42 ]
Activism 0.08 8.0% [ 16 ]
Other stuff (post your alternatives!) 0.11 11.0% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 200 ]

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
I pretty much want my whole house to be vintage boho-y like the lilac/teal/gold undertones. I think it's so pretty and relaxing. I want to make faux tin tiles for the cabinets in the kitchen in those colors. I don't want to decorate here because we may or may not be moving at the end of May. I think Ryan has been looking into renting a house but there's no way we can afford it. I think we should just renew the lease with this complex but transfer to a downstairs place so that we can get a washer and dryer. I want to decorate, all we have up is Ryan's posters which look childish to me. Our living room looks like a college dorm room and the nice built in shelves that I was going to use to display pictures and stuff are filled with his video games and basically is just a catch all for anything that doesn't have a real place to go. I don't want for him not to have a place for his stuff, I just want him to have his own room for it. I would give anything to get the apartment we were supposed to move into; three bedrooms, pantry in the kitchen and the master bedroom has an outside door (I'd prefer that room be the hobby room, I'd be a constant frenzy if I slept across the room from an outside door lol) I want for the futon to be moved to the hobby room, as well as the TV and to get a couch. Ryan doesn't understand what we would do in the living room if there was no TV but I'm sick of Toby begging for TV just because he sees it (all my fault, I know, if I didn't use it so much when he was smaller he wouldn't even know what it is) I also want some papasan chairs

Dainty Doll

Do not get me started on decorating! It drives me CRAZY that the landlord won't let me paint and wants the whole house beige on beige on ******** beige.

If I had my way, I'd have the whole living room pale blue with bright tangerine doors and skirters, going up the stairs and onto the landing. Wendy's room would be rainbow striped.

At the moment I'm "compromising" by painting the living room yellow next month (landlord can suck it up) and replacing the beige curtains with bright apple green ones.
I want this carpet out, too. It's beige, of course, but we've completely ruined it with three years of immovable paint stains. It just looks gross.

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
If we were renting a house I would paint so long as I could cover it back with the 'approved' color, but being in an apartment it's just not worth it

Fashionable Shopper

Oh, oh, how can you be good enough?
User Image

Any crunchy folks here wearing red for national wear red day for women's heart disease?

User Image
How can you measure up?

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Red triggers anxiety attacks for me and anyway, I don't participate in gimmick-y things like that. The only way you are 'raising awareness' is if the person already knows that wearing red means support of the cause (in which case, they already knew) or if they ask you, which is unlikely, because it's just a color and it's February so red is sort of the going theme anyway. If someone were running some sort of fundraiser making red things I might join in but no, I think wearing a color to support heart disease is about as silly as posting what color your bra is to support breast cancer.
I'm still in the clothes I slept in and have no plans to leave the house. burning_eyes

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Frau Holda

Hey Kim, I was going to ask if you know anyway of knitting a pokeball type shape into a work? Like, not color work, actually raised and depressed stitches, kind of like those owls that whatsherface keeps posting? I know you're busy but if you know of any references I could use I'd really appreciate it
mawsibeth
Frau Holda

Hey Kim, I was going to ask if you know anyway of knitting a pokeball type shape into a work? Like, not color work, actually raised and depressed stitches, kind of like those owls that whatsherface keeps posting? I know you're busy but if you know of any references I could use I'd really appreciate it

What sort of project is it?

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pokemon-pokeball-dishcloth

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Frau Holda

A sweater vest xd
mawsibeth
Frau Holda

A sweater vest xd

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
Frau Holda

Yay! Thank you! I know it seems silly, Ryan has been joking since Toby was born that a real dad needs a pipe and a sweater vest, but some mix up at the hospital resulted in him not getting one, so I want to make him one and he loves Pokemon. Really thank you, I feel silly that I didn't check raverly myself sweatdrop
mawsibeth
Frau Holda

Yay! Thank you! I know it seems silly, Ryan has been joking since Toby was born that a real dad needs a pipe and a sweater vest, but some mix up at the hospital resulted in him not getting one, so I want to make him one and he loves Pokemon. Really thank you, I feel silly that I didn't check raverly myself sweatdrop

lol No problem, smile
Argh, the land lord "painted" this place... an awful glossy white that barely hides the s**t under it because they did a fantastically terrible job.

We were allowed to paint on base but what's the point if you just have to paint over it before you leave? Paint isn't cheap x-x

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
I've also considered buying wallpaper border and using artsy tacks to put it up next to the ceiling then easy to pop it down if we leave lol

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

No point in paining an apartment imo.
Whenever we get a house a loft apartment that we can see ourselves being in for a long time THEN we will paint (although right now Patrick and I have conflicting views on what type of home we would want to buy. I want a house, he wants to buy an apartment which I think doesn't have as good retail value because you can't exactly add on to it.)

I'm still sad about not moving into the house, not for the roommates but for the house. Although the upstairs walls were white, they at least had hardwood floors and the downstairs bathroom was blue on blue and the kitchen had green doors/cabinets. It was just a nice house, although dark, still nice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff