Welcome to Gaia! ::

Then have your own celebration. It doesn't have to be about the religion, it could be about the happiness one gets when they share gifts with others.
Don't live in a christian country then.
Piyoko Analogue
well, Hanukkah is before christmas. and one of my teachers are jewish. They said they just go to the movies and eat Chinese food.
Angel of Mercy, how did you find me?

It's true, that's what all us Jews do.

Yes, I'm Jewish, despite the Christmas themed avi.

But. For Chanukah. I don't get eight presents. I get one big thing. Like. This computer.

'Cept I get it two weeks before you do. -.-;;

And yeah, it's eight days.. I can't believe two people got that wrong. o.0;;

When I was younger I used to get small things, like one present a night. But ya'll get all your presents under the tree at once. o.0;;

Where did you read my story?
thedubbedmime
then add presents! all holidays are skimpily calibrations, so celebrate yours the way YOU want razz

I’m druid but my family is christen, so i celebrate "christmas" with them more as a sense of family, plus i celebrate the solstice with them.

next holiday, see if you can't start a tradition, mabe it will be fun. heart

sorry i forgot to mention, but most of the so called "fun christen traditions" were barrowed from the pegins. so if you want, you can barrow a few yourself.

remember, the first people to celebrate Hannukah and Christmas didn't even have presents. some one had to start that tradition.

so as i like to say; after you
Dizzytrash

need to live here. makes it easier it change "christian country " thing.
I kinda like being Jewish on Christmas -- I get a free day off and don't have to go to church or anything. This morning I made delicious pancakes and later I'm off to the movies to see Sweeney Todd, then I'm going to make dinner and watch Christmas episodes of House, all because I can. Christmas is only boring if you let it be biggrin
thedubbedmime
Dizzytrash

need to live here. makes it easier it change "christian country " thing.

You expect to change a country? Hah. Why not go and live in a Jewish country, if it bothers you that much?
actually it is 8 days and i usually get one wicked teeny present each day smile
jus wanted to get rid of the rumors
Makiku
I kinda like being Jewish on Christmas -- I get a free day off and don't have to go to church or anything. This morning I made delicious pancakes and later I'm off to the movies to see Sweeney Todd, then I'm going to make dinner and watch Christmas episodes of House, all because I can. Christmas is only boring if you let it be biggrin

Oh have fun! Sweeney Todd is really good. I saw the midnight show the day it came out. ^^
Can't you just celebrate both? Since my dad is half jewish, and my mom is a converted jew, we celebrate both. o_O
Psh, I'm buddhist. I don't celebrate any holiday in winter. I don't care, I still get presents. I rather celebrate Chinese New Year then Christmas. wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff