Welcome to Gaia! ::

CapCrack
Igor Nekrosov
CapCrack
Looking at what yoTHis topic makes me so angry. I don't think any American teenager should claim maturity, especially looking at the historical evidence of men leading entire armies and kingdoms at 15 or 16. Seriously, guys, it's sad when you claim maturity for your age.

What about people who aren't American?..

Depends on the culture.

So Americans shouldn't claim maturity as a teenager,
but children in Uganda should. "Depends on culture".
Igor Nekrosov
CapCrack
Igor Nekrosov
CapCrack
Looking at what yoTHis topic makes me so angry. I don't think any American teenager should claim maturity, especially looking at the historical evidence of men leading entire armies and kingdoms at 15 or 16. Seriously, guys, it's sad when you claim maturity for your age.

Depends on the culture.

Would a child from Uganda claim maturity within the culture? Or would their actions show whether they are an adult or a child?
A teenage boy who sits on his parent's computer, eating his parents food, under his parent's roof, asking for money to go to a movie, and not contributing to the family in any case is the actions of a child. Whatever he says about maturity does not matter, because he is not a man, he's a child from a historical standpoint.
CapCrack
Igor Nekrosov
CapCrack
Igor Nekrosov
CapCrack

Depends on the culture.

Would a child from Uganda claim maturity within the culture? Or would their actions show whether they are an adult or a child?
A teenage boy who sits on his parent's computer, eating his parents food, under his parent's roof, asking for money to go to a movie, and not contributing to the family in any case is the actions of a child. Whatever he says about maturity does not matter, because he is not a man, he's a child from a historical standpoint.

Hmm that makes sense, he could still have a mature behavior though.

Romantic Otaku

13,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
yes I agree with you. Age does not matter, what matter is maturity. And they are very rare to find now days... 3nodding
IIYuuki_ChanII
yes I agree with you. Age does not matter, what matter is maturity. And they are very rare to find now days... 3nodding

It's sad that not many people have maturity anymore.
Atleast when they're under 17, or under.
Maturity is kinda boring. Maturity, only if they can take me seriously when its time to.

Romantic Otaku

13,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Igor Nekrosov
IIYuuki_ChanII

I have seen some 18 years acting like 14. Yah, and my Aunt who is 38 bawled her eyes out because we didn't took her to her favorite shop on NY while we were vacationing. and many example... so yah, maturity comes with your brain, not age.

Invisible Phantom

Both are important and to me important within balance. It doesn't matter how mature she is. If I tap a 14 year old I'm going to jail.

Dapper Lunatic

The criteria list who too damn long.
IIYuuki_ChanII
Igor Nekrosov
IIYuuki_ChanII

I have seen some 18 years acting like 14. Yah, and my Aunt who is 38 bawled her eyes out because we didn't took her to her favorite shop on NY while we were vacationing. and many example... so yah, maturity comes with your brain, not age.

I once saw in Belarus a 25 year old man behaving like he was 12.
Wow, that is seriously immature, it most definitely does.

Romantic Otaku

13,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Igor Nekrosov
IIYuuki_ChanII
Igor Nekrosov
IIYuuki_ChanII

yah, as time is growing, I'm seeing human brains are shrinking as they are aging.

bioelfster's Queen

Original Gaian

Maturity is most important, but there are some ages where I draw a line. Growing up, my mom based what we were allowed to do on our maturity, not some magic number. But I prefer to be around people just a few years younger than me or older, just because I like someone to be able to share their life experiences with me. No matter how mature you are, if you are 16 and have never paid your own bills, never been married, never had kids, you just aren't going to understand where I'm coming from when we talk.
IIYuuki_ChanII
Igor Nekrosov
IIYuuki_ChanII
Igor Nekrosov
IIYuuki_ChanII

yah, as time is growing, I'm seeing human brains are shrinking as they are aging.

It's good that this isn't affecting us.
Shrinking....So very small.

Invisible Phantom

Shooting Stargazer 28
Maturity is most important, but there are some ages where I draw a line. Growing up, my mom based what we were allowed to do on our maturity, not some magic number. But I prefer to be around people just a few years younger than me or older, just because I like someone to be able to share their life experiences with me. No matter how mature you are, if you are 16 and have never paid your own bills, never been married, never had kids, you just aren't going to understand where I'm coming from when we talk.
Yeah sometimes you just need some common ground where you can relate to the people you're talking to. That's what I like about my favorite guild. It's all about liking guns. The common ground is that we all grew up around guns our whole lives so we're mature and responsible about it rather than spewing out bullshit we see on Call of Duty. When we talk to people who haven't had the same background and they talk about video game crap that doesn't really happen IRL it just gets frustrating.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff