Welcome to Gaia! ::

An abortion can often be a difficult experience for many women to go through. Women get them for many reasons from simply not being ready to health issues. Not only is it hard for a woman to make the tough decision to get an abortion but there is the stigma women receive about getting one. A woman is often seen as a slut or irresponsible after she's had an abortion if people find out. Those horrible pro-life picketers often crowd outside clinics making it fearful for women to even enter the clinic.

This is a safe place for women who have had abortions, or are weighing their options and considering abortion to discuss the difficulties they went through.

For those who have had abortions:
What issues did you face?
Were you scared?
Why did you make this choice?
Have you ever regretted your decision?

For those who haven't:
Have you ever have a loved one go through an abortion?
Have you ever considered one?

Rainbow Lover

I've had an old roommate that had an abortion. It wasn't an easy thing for them to go through.

Tipsy Kitten

Like if I kept it? Well I wouldn't be living on my own and going to college, that's for sure.
I wouldn't have a good paying job.
reiterate I wouldn't be going to college.
My life would be ******** up.

Were you scared?
No
I'd get one again if I got knocked up again.

Why would I make the choice to keep it and ruin my life?

not even once.

Lavish Loiterer

I had just lost my grandmother to a tumor as well as my job. Was excessively drinking/smoking before I found out I was pregnant since I didn't have the symptoms until I was 8 weeks along.
Were you scared?
Terrified.
Because I didn't want to bring a baby into the world where I had no money, no job or any financial means to support myself. Let alone another person.
No. The memory doesn't hurt anymore either.

Timid Lunatic

I've never been pregnant, but if I ever do get pregnant, you can bet it'd be an accident 'cause I'm never having kids. So yes, I'd get an abortion. I see nothing wrong with it and I think it's up to each individual to decide what they want to do.

Lucky Star

Toki Bird
Like if I kept it? Well I wouldn't be living on my own and going to college, that's for sure.

Were you scared?
No

not even once.

Why wouldn't you be going to college?
My friend got pregnant while at college 8 hrs away from any family.
She worked and went to school (and got straight A's)
Unless you're scared to work a little harder there is absolutely no reason having a baby means you can't go to college.
Is Pink Plaid pregnant?

Lucky Star

-baby daddy didn't want it and told me he wouldn't help.out at all and I was 18 and had no health insurance

Were you scared?
-terrified, I had to go alone to the clinic over an hour away in the ghetto, and then go to school afterwards

-out of immaturity and fear, and being constantly told I couldn't do it and I'd fail.

Have you ever regretted your decision
-yup, I could have taken care of a baby, I should have.

Tipsy Kitten

Faerie Dreams
Toki Bird

Were you scared?
No

not even once.

Unless you're scared to work a little harder there is absolutely no reason having a baby means you can't go to college.

In my opinion, my life would be ******** up. I was 17 at the time and just finished high school. I was still deciding what to do with my life. But good for her I guess. I for one, have absolutely 0 interest and 0 tolerance for children.
Work harder? I wouldn't be able to work full time and go to school full time as well as do research and other school activities (I've decided I want to learn to golf so I'm joining the golf club this fall lulz). AND live in one of the more expensive cities in the US.
I'm not going to spend my time taking care of some brat when I could be studying. I'm not some lousy business major. I'm studying clinical microbiology and some of my work isn't just understood in 40 minutes a night.
Why would I want to be in debt by a child when I've managed to avoid debt with college (until graduate school)?
So I got an abortion. Problem? deal with it.

Green Smoker

I have never been pregnNt, therefore never had an abortion; I am pro-choice and would definitely have an abortion if I were to get pregnant in the near future.

For all women out there- it is your body, you should be able to decide what to do with it. However, you are not only affecting yourself, and its not really only your body during a pregnancy. Weigh the effects on the father of the child, your family and his, and of course, that little fetus. While I am pro-choice, you must be smart about your decision making.

Lucky Star

Toki Bird
Faerie Dreams
Toki Bird

Were you scared?
No

not even once.

In my opinion, my life would be ******** up. I was 17 at the time and just finished high school. I was still deciding what to do with my life. But good for her I guess. I for one, have absolutely 0 interest and 0 tolerance for children.
Work harder? I wouldn't be able to work full time and go to school full time as well as do research and other school activities (I've decided I want to learn to golf so I'm joining the golf club this fall lulz). AND live in one of the more expensive cities in the US.
I'm not going to spend my time taking care of some brat when I could be studying. I'm not some lousy business major. I'm studying clinical microbiology and some of my work isn't just understood in 40 minutes a night.
Why would I want to be in debt by a child when I've managed to avoid debt with college (until graduate school)?

Not many people are selfless enough to actually be a decent parent if their young.
Just saying "I wouldn't be in college" is a bit of an exaggeration cause people with kids can still be successful in college.
My friend isn't a business major, she's going to be a special education teacher. Meaning she'll hopefully have no loans cause they can be forgiven. And it's a lot of work and unpaid student teaching 40+ hours a week.

And do your parents pay for your school? Cause if you have a good enough job while in college that can pay for the 20000$+ a year for college that's pretty amazing

I'm glad you didn't have a child though, just as I'm sure you are.

Tipsy Kitten

Faerie Dreams
Toki Bird
Faerie Dreams
Toki Bird

Were you scared?
No

not even once.

Not many people are selfless enough to actually be a decent parent if their young.
Just saying "I wouldn't be in college" is a bit of an exaggeration cause people with kids can still be successful in college.
My friend isn't a business major, she's going to be a special education teacher. Meaning she'll hopefully have no loans cause they can be forgiven. And it's a lot of work and unpaid student teaching 40+ hours a week.

And do your parents pay for your school? Cause if you have a good enough job while in college that can pay for the 20000$+ a year for college that's pretty amazing

At 17, I didn't think I would have been able to go to college. But I get you now, you're one of those people who thinks they're better (as well as other people they know) than everyone else just because they've popped out a kid.
Children aren't worth it to me.

& No, they aren't. I went to a CC and worked 2 jobs to save up, while still earning 2 scholarships that have paid for my tuition when I transferred. I just received another one after finishing my internship with Genentech. I also get financial aid that pay for books/supplies. I work a living wage which pays for my rent and other necessities.
My parents send me coffee every month is all they do. Oh my dad sent me jam that he made this month that is pretty amazing I was surprised.

Lucky Star

Toki Bird
Faerie Dreams
Toki Bird
Faerie Dreams
Toki Bird

Were you scared?
No

not even once.

At 17, I didn't think I would have been able to go to college. But I get you now, you're one of those people who thinks they're better (as well as other people they know) than everyone else just because they've popped out a kid.
Children aren't worth it to me.

& No, they aren't. I went to a CC and worked 2 jobs to save up, while still earning 2 scholarships that have paid for my tuition when I transferred. I just received another one after finishing my internship with Genentech. I also get financial aid that pay for books/supplies. I work a living wage which pays for my rent and other necessities.
My parents send me coffee every month is all they do. Oh my dad sent me jam that he made this month that is pretty amazing I was surprised.

Yup I'm better than you cause I had a baby rolleyes
I don't get where you get the s**t you say.

You don't seem like you'd be a kind parent, so like I said, it's good you don't want kids.
People who don't want kids are the ones who really shouldn't have them.

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
Yobyaxes N
Is Pink Plaid pregnant?
ahahaha nope. I take my birth control religously and always use a condom. This is for frosty.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff