Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bunny

Considering she is complaining saying "We only do this, this and this!" and "You should be paying anyway, you're the guy..." is a bit... rude? Well, to me at least. If you feel like you're just her walking bank account and if you are to ever get back together, you should stop paying for things. Don't tell her why you stopped, don't tell her what you're feeling about the money situation. Just say you need to save up money for something and stop paying. If you guys break up due to this, you'll know why. It's normally best to talk things out but in this situation, I feel like this would be better because if you were to talk about it and then stop paying, she'd know what you're up to.

Aged Wench

12,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Megathread 100
If she's neglecting you and triggering your anger issues perhaps it's time to move on. Someone mentioned writing out a pro and con list. This could really help you decide if this is the right choice for you. It sounds like you have alot of resentment towards her behavior. If it's making you upset and the relationship is constantly turning sour then maybe this isn't what you need. It's good to hear you are working on your anger. It's certainly best that you start expressing your feelings more regularly rather than suppressing them so much. I don't know what it's like to be a guy but it does seem like alot of dudes don't open up about feelings of attachment. I'm glad you were able to come here and take a step in the right direction by admitting that the neglect is wearing you down. Everyone wants to feel appreciated and you deserve that in your life. You are worth more than that. Don't let yourself get comfortable with being under-appreciated. It sounds like there are alot of issues you need to reflect on before texting her again. Please take some time and evaluate the relationship before pining for your comfort zone back. This girl is one in a million. You don't have to continually feel neglected like that. You deserve the best. Strive for it!

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
i woke up in a new punani
Thank you everyone for your insight, I appreciate it very much so. It's been day 4 now and we still haven't talked to each other. Since I am the only one that is getting income, I guess I am obligated to pay because she doesn't have a job or any money whatsoever. But sometimes she would complain and tell me we do the same things every time we go out; lunch, movies, dinner, mall, etc.

I mean there's not really much we can do around downtown, I don't have a car yet so I am actually spending $20 both ways on a train to visit her. And a few times she did mention that since I am the guy I should be paying and I think this would affect me in the long run. I really love this girl but sometimes I feel like I am just $$$ to her especially when she doesn't show me love or affection. I don't mind paying for everything but when she starts to neglect me of love and affection that's when I start to say mean things to her then we escalate into fights. I think we both love each other but there's just some work that needs to be done on both sides. I am trying to learn to control my anger and mean ways but she shouldn't neglect me anymore. I am thinking of texting her tomorrow and see what happens and then bring her, her favorite flowers... sad

Since she was expecting you to pay for everything while she is the one complaining about money, you did good by dumping her. She is sexist and entitled. You guys could have done stuff without spending much at all.

Someone who ignores, avoids, and neglects you isn't relationship material, these kinds of people are almost impossible to work out with and just a huge drain of energy trying to get their attention. No, don't waste money on flowers and material items to give her.

Dapper Ladykiller

emotion_facepalm

This will never work, kid.

You want a 50/50 relationship. Go find it. Then tell the new girl what YOU want in this relationship before you date her or do anything with her. neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff