Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reveler

8,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Profitable 100
Aurora Owl
I'm tempted to also say sex is his motivation, but did you tell him explicitly what you want? That if you are going to hook up, you want a serious thing to come of it, or not - anything? I apologize if I missed that when reading over your post.

I'm not saying you are doing anything wrong, mind you. It just seems like you ought to bluntly tell him how it is for you, and if he has interest in actual friendship, or if he really just wants a ******** buddy, to admit it openly.

I think people are often too ashamed to admit they just want a good friend they sometimes bang. No one is obligated to want that, but people should just be honest about that intention. You'd be surprised with how many other people would be cool with it.

You could also just cut ties with him, really...he sounds like he has too much going on emotionally, to immediately dump all his insecurities on you. Unless he got the impression you were a friend willing and interested in listening.

yeah after the first time i told him id be down to continue a fwb which is weird because most guys would be down for that
i'll probably still be friendly to him but i won't have any expectations for him to be the same way
Revie Creation
Aurora Owl
I'm tempted to also say sex is his motivation, but did you tell him explicitly what you want? That if you are going to hook up, you want a serious thing to come of it, or not - anything? I apologize if I missed that when reading over your post.

I'm not saying you are doing anything wrong, mind you. It just seems like you ought to bluntly tell him how it is for you, and if he has interest in actual friendship, or if he really just wants a ******** buddy, to admit it openly.

I think people are often too ashamed to admit they just want a good friend they sometimes bang. No one is obligated to want that, but people should just be honest about that intention. You'd be surprised with how many other people would be cool with it.

You could also just cut ties with him, really...he sounds like he has too much going on emotionally, to immediately dump all his insecurities on you. Unless he got the impression you were a friend willing and interested in listening.

yeah after the first time i told him id be down to continue a fwb which is weird because most guys would be down for that
i'll probably still be friendly to him but i won't have any expectations for him to be the same way

I've got to go ahead and squander that stereotype because while there is a preconceived notion that no guy would turn down sex - that is not true. Plenty want commitment or not at all, and women do it, too. Some women just want a fwb deal, some only want it for commitment.

That's me speaking as someone who thinks that too much shame is placed on sex without commitment but I see neither as right or wrong.

Anyway, I think you have really done what you can. If he can't sort out what he wants, it probably isn't worth the time until he can be sure of his interests. Again, from the opening post, he sounds like he has a lot going on in the emotional department as it is.
As a guy i just want to apologize for our race. since i am one i know how we think and as i read your story it seemed as though he just wanted you for your body. i hate that these things happen and good for you for bringing a male friend. It seems as though this guy isn't very mature and can't understand that after sharing an experience like that can make emotions blossom. You just need to find a guy that will cater to your needs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff