18,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Starlurk
Kiwigama
Starlurk
Kiwigama
I have found nothing that works for me. I hate reading because it has always felt like a chore (yes a little childish I know). Video games don't work. My hobbies don't, music doesn't, just nothing. Everything feels like a chore to get myself out of the pit. Quite pathetic but I manage. gonk

This is how my depression goes as well. Therapy has helped a lot. I decided to start taking anti-depressants and they have made my life so much better.
I used to go to therapy some while in college because they offered it for free. I don't have enough money for it and I was on anti-depressants earlier this year. Unfortunately they made me gain weight and be more depressed. But changing my diet has helped a good deal. That's a plus! 3nodding

I don't know if you want advice, if you don't then stop reading ... now.

A lot of therapists get paid on a sliding scale with your income and that may make therapy accessible for you again. You can also probably find an anti-depressant that won't affect your weight.
True, true. I'm just scared and my stress an depression could have possibly been linked to school. College is a real killer. In my final class and can't wait for it to be over!

Interesting Citizen

If it was due to an argument with someone close, I usually just sort of get really quiet and go sit somewhere with my arms crossed and I stare into space and think. If I have to do any talking you can barely hear me/I get really meek.

If it's just random I either go for a walk to clear my head or I listen to music or draw.

Kiwigama
Starlurk
Kiwigama
Starlurk
Kiwigama
I have found nothing that works for me. I hate reading because it has always felt like a chore (yes a little childish I know). Video games don't work. My hobbies don't, music doesn't, just nothing. Everything feels like a chore to get myself out of the pit. Quite pathetic but I manage. gonk

This is how my depression goes as well. Therapy has helped a lot. I decided to start taking anti-depressants and they have made my life so much better.
I used to go to therapy some while in college because they offered it for free. I don't have enough money for it and I was on anti-depressants earlier this year. Unfortunately they made me gain weight and be more depressed. But changing my diet has helped a good deal. That's a plus! 3nodding

I don't know if you want advice, if you don't then stop reading ... now.

A lot of therapists get paid on a sliding scale with your income and that may make therapy accessible for you again. You can also probably find an anti-depressant that won't affect your weight.
True, true. I'm just scared and my stress an depression could have possibly been linked to school. College is a real killer. In my final class and can't wait for it to be over!

College is the worst, seriously. I had anxiety attacks related to school so bad last semester that I maybe went to 3 weeks total over the entire semester.

Unless your class gets over in the next month, I would still suggest finding someone to talk to. You may find that therapy even makes school easier. Also, a lot of colleges have free counseling for their students, have you checked out to see if yours does?

Obsessive Shapeshifter

12,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
I get what I call the summer blues, but in the back of my mind I know there has got to be more to it because every year it gets worse. This year in particular has been horrible. I'm currently depressed right now, and it has been going on for about a month. I go on and off. Odly enough I really do consider myself an optimist, despite the oftenness of the reoccurring depression.

I've grown up enough to know now why(more or less) I am depressed, but it doesnt seem to help because I almost feel addicted to the feelings.

I've always been quiet, kept things in, and this is what makes me depressed. bottling things up for years.

when I'm depressed I:
watch a lot of tv shows on my computer
youtube
manga
anime
tumblr
check facebook WAAY too often(esp for someone with no friends)

all just to escape my current reality.
what some of the others said about music is also true for me. it helps, and soothes.

I'm the opposite about school though. Using school as a distraction actually makes me feel better, a few weeks in I start getting super pumped and ready. Until the last month or two of spring semester, then things usually get a bit crappier. Putting my problems aside all school year might possibly be why I feel like crap all summer(but also because I have no life. summer = scifi/anime marathons for me)

I often feel:
in pain physically from the strong emotional pain
scared of losing my family(i already distance myself as much as possible)
I want to post "ow" vaguely on all my social media
like I want to scream "WWWWWWWHYYYYY!!!!!!!!!," but I know the answer...

Dedicated Gaian

12,725 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I have to take medications for my depression and that it does not always work 100%. I have to cope with different strategies. I will write in my journal, listen to music, mess around on the computer, talk with family and friends, and speak with a therapist to help me understand that I will have relapses but things could be worse but tend to be better with me.

Wheezing Bloodsucker

12,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Super Tipsy 200
suffer and wish it mattered when I'm miserable
Sit there in complete utter dreadful silence but with constant annoying thoughts. I use games as a distraction, but it doesn't really co-operate anymore. So I guess I just last with it until i'm tired and awaken the next day, and continue the same routine again. I am too unmotivated to come up with strategies to make me feel any better.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
I sleep, which doesn't help the depression, just helps me avoid it, seeing as fatigue and sleeping a lot are some of the symptoms of depression. At least it brings me some joy, knowing I'm gonna have a nap or go to bed.
i actually got out of my depression by connecting more with my spirit.
i realized my sadness wasn't part of who i am.
i would recommend meditation to anyone, it really helps to calm the mind.
smile

Flatterer

I usually go to my old MMA teacher that I've known since I was 3 and vent it out to him. Then I go into the training room and punch the life out of the punching bags.

Enduring Paladin

14,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tycoon 200
I'll admit that if I'm really, really depressed, I'll just lock myself in my room (or I would if my door had a dang lock) and cry for a bit. Then I'll have some sweets or something or sleep. When I wake up, it's like my emotions get reset to neutral.

Enduring Survivor

17,575 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Yassui
I'm not depressed but im just curious

Cry
try and get out of the house and DO something so that I do not fall into a clinical depression.
Eat Sushi...and chocolate...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces