Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm looking to tone my stomach muscles and I heard sit ups are pretty good for that, but how many a day would I need to do? Also what other exercises would be good for toning up stomach muscles.

Also does anyone have any advice to stop eating in binges, especially in evenings, without being hungry?
<center>I love track- not only does it tighten up the abs, it slims your waist in the progress. The best thing is- food binges are somewhat good. Try to get in some calories, more than usual, if you plan on all the track and sit ups. Though I think crunches would be better for you- and to the point you feel them tighten- when it getting harder to do them. *nods* Why not throw in a few push ups in the progress? Two military, almost all the way down, don't touch the floor with knees or legs of face, then back up. Once a day is fine for a toning affect. Hope this helped. 3nodding <center>

4,300 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hygienic 200
Crunches, great for abs. biggrin
like 8 a day?
sitt ups are good but so are crunchies. along with other varous exercises. how many you would have to do is depending on the person. you have to set a goal and then do it. just dont give up and keep working on the goal. try asking a local YMCA or exercise place for some advice
I know what you mean about the food binges. Ever since I started excercising regularly, I get massive cravings around 3pm. Try drinking more water, see if that helps. You cna also load up on celery sticks - they've got so few calories I've heard you actually burn them all just by eating it.

As for sit-ups, I would recommend that you have someone else help you with those. They're hard to do right, and you can hurt yourself doing them. Also try running, you can tone up the bottom parts of your stomach that way.
Don't go into fad diets. neutral They suck and they're worthless. surprised So don't do them.

Exercise and diet. Just eat healthier. You know, cut back on cake and ice cream and eat fruits and vegetables in a smaller amount.
Princess Ria
Don't go into fad diets. neutral They suck and they're worthless. surprised So don't do them.

Exercise and diet. Just eat healthier. You know, cut back on cake and ice cream and eat fruits and vegetables in a smaller amount.
Good advice.
Thanks for the exercise tips, I'll bookmark this page so I can remember them for a while. If there's anymore I'd be so happy to hear them.

The food binges are hard though because I eat healthy meals, fruit, veg. fish and eggs, infact fruit is one of my favourite fruits. But I am very prone to binging on biscuits, scones and chocolate. At first I thought I was just been greedy but it's got so out of control it's taking over my life.
Illyrio
like 8 a day?

I can tell you don't excersise....( stare ) it's more like 100-500 a day... i do 450 a day...

and there are backwards lunges that take care of your thighs, butt and abs at the same time. What you do is take a big backwards step and move your abdomen from side to side and then switch legs.

also... you can do sit ups but dont go all the way up... stop when you've lifted your shoulders and come back down and so on and so on

another thing... you can lie down on your back and lift your legs up about a foot and move your legs as if you were on a bicycle
Sit-ups don't get all the muscles in your stomach. You'd need equipment. Go to a gym and get on a balanced workout plan.

Before you eat anything, ask why you're eating. Hungry? Or bored?
x_CherryBlossom_x
Thanks for the exercise tips, I'll bookmark this page so I can remember them for a while. If there's anymore I'd be so happy to hear them.

The food binges are hard though because I eat healthy meals, fruit, veg. fish and eggs, infact fruit is one of my favourite fruits. But I am very prone to binging on biscuits, scones and chocolate. At first I thought I was just been greedy but it's got so out of control it's taking over my life.

That sounds serious. You should talk to your doctor about that. Maybe contact a good nutritionist to help you lose the weight.

Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
Princess Ria

There you have it. Also:

www.caloriesperhour.com

You can calculate your BMI there and keep track of your dieting activities.
Nikore
x_CherryBlossom_x

That sounds serious. You should talk to your doctor about that. Maybe contact a good nutritionist to help you lose the weight.

Luckly I am still in my weight band for my height (119lbs for 5'5) but since this has started I've gained 7lbs , which took me to 119lbs, but that was only within a while but I'm scared that if I can't control it I will just keep getting heavier and unhealthy. I have thought about talking to my doctor but he's currently doing on going tests for other things but only brought it up midely with him but mabye I should go into more detail with him.
hotkisses91
Illyrio
like 8 a day?

I can tell you don't excersise....( stare ) it's more like 100-500 a day... i do 450 a day...

and there are backwards lunges that take care of your thighs, butt and abs at the same time. What you do is take a big backwards step and move your abdomen from side to side and then switch legs.

also... you can do sit ups but dont go all the way up... stop when you've lifted your shoulders and come back down and so on and so on

another thing... you can lie down on your back and lift your legs up about a foot and move your legs as if you were on a bicycle

Oh thank you, sounds good 3nodding
x_CherryBlossom_x
Luckly I am still in my weight band for my height (119lbs for 5'5) but since this has started I've gained 7lbs , which took me to 119lbs, but that was only within a while but I'm scared that if I can't control it I will just keep getting heavier and unhealthy. I have thought about talking to my doctor but he's currently doing on going tests for other things but only brought it up midely with him but mabye I should go into more detail with him.

Yes, you should go into more detail with him. Doctors try really hard to seem all-knowing, but they're not spychic. He won't know what is going on with you unless you tell him. It's ok to be scared, I would be too if I gained 7 pounds in a short time. Your doctor can help you with this, but you have to tell him what's going on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff