Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm an Atheist and I'm proud of it but all of my friends want me to believe in God and I go to a Catholic school so I get in trouble 4 not believing in god. Most of my family believes in god too.
please help me
don't change because they want you to.
winter_kitty
I'm an Atheist and I'm proud of it but all of my friends want me to believe in God and I go to a Catholic school so I get in trouble 4 not believing in god. Most of my family believes in god too.
please help me

Why dont you got o a normal school and just cause your family believes in god doesnt mean you have to.
Pretend until you're old enough to finish with your religious school and move away from your parents. Since your parents are sending you to a Catholic school, it doesn't seem likely that they will accept your lack of belief in their God. I don't know much about your friends, but if you're getting in trouble for not believing, the easiest thing to do is to avoid the subject as much as humanly possible and pretend to believe until they leave you alone.
My son is an atheist, and I am not, but I respect that he has a differing opinion than I do. I'm sure your parents want the best for you (as most of them do), but maybe you should talk to them and see if they will let you go to a regular school.

Don't let anyone give you any grief about your beliefs, either. It's a personal issue and only you know what's right for you.

Feral Wolf

3,750 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
religion is a choice, dont swallow down a path because others push you too, do it because it is a personal choice, just like any other matter in your life.
You realize there's ways around saying that you do or don't believe in god, right?

I doubt anyone comes up to you and demands to know your religious beliefs. I mean, it's a Catholic school, it's generally expected. Use that to your advantage.
eh, believe what you want, they cant change you b/c they want to, and are probably pushing you further away from their goals by forcing it on you. you should believe what you want, when you want to believe it. if thats a problem with anyone, then screw 'em. i believe in God, but i dont shun those who dont believe, nor do i force it on them. you believe what you want...though it may help to not go to a Catholic school...lol i find that massively ironic, sorry ninja
winter_kitty
please help me

******** everyone else. What do their opinions matter? All that you will ever have in this lifetime is yourself. Keep true to yourself, you're the only person who will ever be with you for as long as you live.
don't change! i am athiest too and my mom is completly against that! but i don't care, my dad doesn't know and won't know for a while sweatdrop but don't change just because they want you too, you are intitled to your own beliefs. you can belief in what you want, if there is a so called god, then why ae we aloud to not belief? huh? no answer? BECAUSE THERE IS NONE!jessus christ!!! what ever you do, don't change hun, if you do then be ashamed.oh and take Junnosuke's advise! *gives you a hug*
Aetheism is normal for people that are force into beliefs, but all you really can do is show them that you don't need God. You can never change their opinion, but your opinion is yours, and they cant change it either. Make sure they know that no matter how bad they make this "Hell" place sound, God can't help you if you don't believe in him.
I know your pain...I'm a pagan in a christian family...yeah..that went over well. Thats worse than an atheist. Anyways...If they get on your case and then get pushy about it tell them to go suck their crosses. Stupid bible-humpers. (Note: im not saying all christians are bible-humpers. I'm saying those which are pushy and cant accept others' religions are bible humpers...you know the ones...that think that only christians are going to heaven because they are "right" ..even though christianity was a cult when it started.)
Im a christian and believe in god, but belive in what you want, not what others want you to. See to them there just trying to help you cause they love you. Sit them down and talk to them is all i can say. Or you can give it a try.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff