Welcome to Gaia! ::

I live with just my mom, my dad passed away a LONG time ago, and things have been really bad lately. She's been saying a lot of unkind things to me, and whether or not they're out of anger, she denies she said anything of the sort. She says I make up stories to make me look more unfortunate so people will pitty me, and many times she's told me that I try to make her miserable.... I don't know what to do, I don't try to make her miserable, I try to make her happy... No matter what I do, I just make her mad.... We're always fighting... I just don't think I can take this much longer. Yes, it is normal to fight with your parents, but generally there are appologies, or aknowledgments of who was right, etc. Something, some kind of closure. My mother thinks I'm some self centered brat, and she tells me so, and it really hurts my feelings... I just want to run away, but I don't have the courage to... If you have any suggestions.. i'd really appreciate it...
give her time it must be horrible to lose a person who you loved for so long. this is how some people deal with grief, anger is a way of hiding your sadness.
dramaqueen101
give her time it must be horrible to lose a person who you loved for so long. this is how some people deal with grief, anger is a way of hiding your sadness.

Okay... I can try... It's just, it's been four years now...
run like the wind.
It's normal for people to be angry after a death, but this is carrying it a little bit too far. I would suggest going to the councelors at school. (yes, I know, they always say that, but it helps). Also, they can give you ideas on how to help your mother as well as yourself.
Suggest to go to counseling together. If she refuses you should still go to a school counselor or someone you can talk to. Also what my mom found out in dealing with her mother is that whenever she says something hurtfull you should tell her right then and there in a calm voice that you didnt deserve that. She may are may not respond to it but at least you are telling yourself that you dont deserve to be talked to like that. If the verbal abuse gets worse you may want someone to intervene and talk to her in a nonthreatening way. Either way I hope the best for you and you mother.
You could tell her that it is affecting you in a negative light, and all you are trying to do is make her happy. If she won't listen to you, just let her be. Sometimes people go through their own personal issues that are unknown to others especially their children. She might be going through something that you don't know about, and it is causing her to be very upset and harsh towards you though she doesn't know she is acting this way because she is so caught up in her own mess.

Is this right? No. It is not fair at all, which is why you should speak to her about it and let her know that you think it is being treated unfairly and causing problems between the relationship you have with her, and you don't want that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff