Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, this is a kind-of long story so I'll try to shorten it...

I basically just met my best friend at the start of this year and we instantly clicked. We became totally inseperable and were so close people believed us when we told them we were related. I eventually developed a huge crush on him but never told him. Then, about three weeks ago he told me he had liked me for a while but didn't know how to tell me. I told him I liked him too and everything seemed fine, but since we're best friends we didn't know what to do because we didn't want to risk our friendship by dating. I told him we should just try it but it was up to him, and he told me he didn't think we should. I was fine with it, and still am (it's been two weeks), even though I still have a thing for him. But now he gets mad at me when I hang out with my other guy friends and when I asked him why he said, "You completely ignore me". But he ignores me to talk to his girl friends sometimes too, and I don't get mad at him, so I just don't get why he gets mad at me. He's acting all possessive and I don't like it...I asked a mutual friend of ours (my other best friend and his good friend) what she thought and she thinks he still likes me...but he was the one that told me we shouldn't date! So, why would he care if I hang out with other guys if I'm not his girlfriend...it's so confusing...help?

Quotable Tycoon

Maybe he values your friendship so much that he doesn't want to harm it by dating, but if he is getting unreasonably jealous over you talking to other guys, then maybe he does have feelings for you. I say you should just talk to him and ask him if he's sure about not having a relationship. If he says yes, that he is sure and he doesn't want that, then you should tell him he needs to respect the fact that you talk with other guys, and that that doesn't mean his friendship means any less to you.
He's being possesive because he likes you. Explain to him that unless you are dating, he has no right to even THINK about it. Even when dating thats a usual NO NO!
Anjele
Maybe he values your friendship so much that he doesn't want to harm it by dating, but if he is getting unreasonably jealous over you talking to other guys, then maybe he does have feelings for you. I say you should just talk to him and ask him if he's sure about not having a relationship. If he says yes, that he is sure and he doesn't want that, then you should tell him he needs to respect the fact that you talk with other guys, and that that doesn't mean his friendship means any less to you.

Yeah, I thought he was over me, though...and I was trying to get over him. It's really hard for me to get over him for some reason...I've been trying for a while, but I just can't...maybe he's been trying to get over me too, but can't...good idea. I'll talk to him about it...
Anyone else have any advice?

Dapper Citizen

3,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
It's obvious that the guy has a thing for you. Maybe his parents don't want him dating until he's a certain age or something. Or maybe he's just had REALLY bad experiences in the past with dating. It sounds to me like he want's you to be his gf but something is holding him back for some reason. Talk to him about it and see what comes up.
The werid thing is that this is going on within my lil group too! gonk

But anyways, given what you said. Yes I defiantly think he likes you and he is probably jealous of all those other guys. If it bothers you, go say something to him. Be nice though. When guys have crushes they act REALLY werid. And I would also try to find out why he didnt want to go out with you..
He probably still likes you and is having trouble keeping his feelings for you inside since he is afraid to hurt your friendship. He might be afraid to go back and say he was wrong and you should try it. Ask him if he wants to go out and if his answer is still no, then tell him about what's bothering you.
It's obvious that he likes you but, he's afraid to go into a relationship with you because he dosen't want to hurt your friendship. But, I would talk to him about him being possesive. I don't know if you want to go out with him, because if he possesive now, how is he going to be when you're in a relationship.
Thanks everyone...I'll definitely talk to him tomorrow at school. I don't know how I'm going to bring this up, though... sweatdrop I'll figure something out, though. Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff