Welcome to Gaia! ::

Duuurn's Wife

Backwoods Hiker

This is my first time in rehabilitation for opioid dependence, and if anyone else has successfully completed at least 1+ year of being clean I would just like to know what got you through that last month before the one year mark. It's coming up so fast for me, and I feel like I'm physically panicking. I've been on bupe/subutex, and have the implant, so there's no way I can actually get high from relapsing, but even the thought of the act itself makes intense craving shakes, cold sweats, jaw-clenching, & general dope-sick stuff happen. I KNOW I don't want to relapse, but all of the talk of, "it's very common that you will relapse at least ___ to ___ times before you're completely clean," and, "a lot of opioid addicts go back to drugs within two years of treatment," is getting to me, I think. I just want to be done with all of this in one go, but I think I'm being conditioned to think that is unreasonable. Is this even a normal reaction? Am I just going crazy because both my therapist and doctor keep bringing it up?

Any advice would really do me well. I'm asking for advice from other more specialized forums as well, before that comes up, I just don't think it would hurt to ask here, too. Happy holidays, and thanks in advance if anyone does answer.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
lots of sleep
lots of cigarettes
lots of oats an milk but that did make me puke up a couple times so that aint the best idea

it definitely aint good people are bringin up failures but its pretty normal to be thinkin bout it a lot
the shakes might go on for like the whole year even but you can deal

but make sure you eat enough
have lotsa water an fluids
an jus rest is what I had
but I was livein in the rehab place at the time so its proably easier yknow
knowin I aint even gonna GET to relapse

but yea
helps to try an flush yourself out a bit yknow
or stay focused on somet
I currently work in a pharmacy. I would like to say it's all good news but of the 5 years I've worked in pharmacy, I could honestly count the number of people who have successfully come off from Methadone/Buprenorphine with my hands. It is not an easy thing to do and will require pure will power if and when you do stop ORT.

While I don't know the process of ORT in your country, I can at least tell you that Buprenoprhine/Naloxone is usually the last stage of ORT and is normally only give to people that addiction services believe can handle the transition from Physeptone and go on to completion of therapy.

Duuurn's Wife

Backwoods Hiker

ayyy Ima00
just put the drugs down and be yourself =^)
you ******** f*****t

Very helpful, thank you. rolleyes

Anyway, to both the repliers aside from this one:

You've been very helpful, I really appreciate the advice. It's nice to have both sides of the coin give me some good insight, and I'm glad to know that

1.) I'm on bupe because they think I CAN be on it, which makes me feel that the doc has more faith in me than he shows.

&

2.) That I am experiencing normal body reactions. I was told that acute withdrawal symptoms should have left after a few months into rehabilitation, so I was concerned.

Now I just have to start reducing my bupe dose. Horrifying. sweatdrop as one of you said – bupe can be even more scary to come off of.

I've been told that certain vitamins can reduce opioid cravings, so I'll look into that as well, but suggestions are welcome. I've never heard eating oats helps, though. I'll give it a try!

If I didn't have to take tramadol along with my bupe dosing I think I would be doing better.
What are you taking tramadol for? It's an opioid in itself (Schedule 3 Controlled Drug in this country) and isn't normally given to someone going through ORT. There are a variety of other painkillers that would probably be better suited... though a little less effective at reducing pain.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
idunno if oats is gonna help much specificly
jus said so cause of lots of what I was eatin was water an oats
part of like a detox clean out thing an now Im doin ok

the cravings never fully goes away but you can handle it after a while

Duuurn's Wife

Backwoods Hiker

Whiskey Grey
What are you taking tramadol for? It's an opioid in itself (Schedule 3 Controlled Drug in this country) and isn't normally given to someone going through ORT. There are a variety of other painkillers that would probably be better suited... though a little less effective at reducing pain.

I take it for an autoimmune disease, and it already barely does anything for pain so idk if there is anything better out there that will bypass the bupe :/ I tried gabapentin, but it didn't do much. If there's anything better for pain that will bypass the buprenophrine I would probably jump at the opportunity.

I'm also in the east coast US, and know someone else who is on trams ( for MS ) and bupe, I thought it was a common combo for people with pain issues going through ORT, but I'm just going by what my doctor said.
The "people usually relapse once or twice" talk is to make people who have already done so feel better, not to excuse people who want to do so. Just don't do it, go for a run or go eat lots of food. Try to put the thoughts out of your head. If you ever need help just pm me.
I dated an ex-heroin addict. She used heroin for 6 years and had been 5 years clean when we started dating. However, she would still start to get cravings by just seeing drugs used on T.V.

I didn't know her when she was getting help. But I remember her telling me that she got put on methadone for a year or so and then some minor painkillers to help ween her off. She also picked up a few hobbies to keep her mind off drugs. If she was plagued by cravings, she would go do something to clear her mind, sometimes to the point of even getting tattooed.

While we were dating, she still took pills, but they were mostly for anxiety and depression.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff