Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think I've come up with a way to get some answers, thanks.
why is her mom kicking her off the computer like that? my honest opinion is that your gf isn't too serious about this online thing and is using her mom as an excuse. but that's just my opinion, I'mprobably wrong.
I think it's possible that you're over-thinking the mother's position. I mean, I don't think it's fair for her mother to be on hold to use what's probably more like HER computer than your girlfriend's just because she's talking to her boyfriend. sweatdrop I mean, there's really nothing your girlfriend can do about it, right? Considering she's over 18, and if her mom's a "good" mom, she could get in trouble for acting the way she could to her mom like that. You said she's a family girl, so that could be why she won't do things like "NO, I'm not getting off. I'm talking to so-and-so."

I'm not sure how you could approach her though, considering it's online. That's a thing about internet relationships, it's harder to get emotions out. In real life, you could easily tell if she's bored of you or really truly cares, but on the internet it could be just a role she's playing. I'm not assuming that she is, of course.
laFred
I think it's possible that you're over-thinking the mother's position. I mean, I don't think it's fair for her mother to be on hold to use what's probably more like HER computer than your girlfriend's just because she's talking to her boyfriend. sweatdrop I mean, there's really nothing your girlfriend can do about it, right? Considering she's over 18, and if her mom's a "good" mom, she could get in trouble for acting the way she could to her mom like that. You said she's a family girl, so that could be why she won't do things like "NO, I'm not getting off. I'm talking to so-and-so."

I'm not sure how you could approach her though, considering it's online. That's a thing about internet relationships, it's harder to get emotions out. In real life, you could easily tell if she's bored of you or really truly cares, but on the internet it could be just a role she's playing. I'm not assuming that she is, of course.

I've asked her several times if she's serious and she says yes. But I can't help but feel a little suspicious. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt but I have been for months. Is there anyway I can make her show her cards without possibley really upsetting her?
Amorphous
I've known this woman I met on the net for almost a year now. I think we care for each other a lot but I have a some nagging problems I can't get out of my head. For one, she's always getting booted off line by her mother. I finally asked her why and she said that her mom plays online games. Her mother knows about me, she either is doing this to try to keep me away or she just doesn't give a damn and considers this relationship to be a joke. Either way, it's really bothering me. I guess a stupid videogame is better than me. rolleyes I can't tell if my g/f thinks this is ok...I asked her about it and I kinda got a so-so answer. She is very familly oriented I feel like I have to beg for attention. And I still don't know how serious she really is. I think she is but I don't know if she "gets it" all the time. I am really confused...I want to talk to her more frankly about it but I don't know how to procede. She means a great deal to me. Am I worrying too much about things? I want to make this online relationship work but I don't have a clue on how to procede. redface

BTW, we're both over 18.

How often do you chat with your gf online? After school/work until bed time?
If her mother likes computer games then she is going to have to kick her off eventually so she can play, it probably has nothing to do with you or her mothers disinterest in your relationship, it's just she wants a turn on the computer, its only fair.

Since you love chatting to your online gf, your probably just blowing this out of proportion. sweatdrop

Just get your gf to buy some second hand computer, you can get a half decent one for a few hundred dollars, then her mother would have a gaming comp, and your gf could stay online with you.
I'm prepared for the backfiring at this comment, but I have to say it. Internet relationships are doomed to fail because they are, in all essence, fantasy. The distance and limited communication make these people we fall for 60% our own creation. Internet relationships are so perfect because it's all imagination. We don't see these people, hence we imagine what they'd be like, and reflect our ideas of the perfect love onto them.
Well, how far away do you live from eachther? And maybe, she is using the mom "excuse" because you have come to an awkward point, or no talking point in your conversation, or it isn't an excuse at all. Although you might care for her, are you ever planning to see her? Because once, I met a guy in real life for only a couple minutes, then I talked to him online for a year, then I met him again (when we were dating) and it was WAY different. He wasn't the same person as he was online, so it turned out to be a short relationship...
ok, first of all, would you just stop it with the idea that oline relationships are doomed to fail ???!! I have been in one for a year and a half, yes talking every day since i get home from college until i go to sleep! and he lives in a totally different country , he has come to england many times and he is moving to England permanently in 3 weeks to the city where i live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so they might work!!! All i can say is that maybe her mum doesnt really like the idea of her daughter having a online relationship with someone, due to the bad reputation that they seem to have stare which its quite logical yes... So maybe what the mother is trying to do is making her spend less time on the computer??? my parents had many doubts when i started with my boyfriend, so thats why i am saying thid. If you hang on, and talk to your girlfriend to find out if this is the real reason, maybe she can show her mum somehow that it is more serious than just a online relationship??? if that is really the case that is!
I agree with Vitozini, because if you really believe in something, you can make it work, and also because i am the boyfriend she was speaking of whee . so dont say all online relationships are doomed! because we are living proof that they can work! we have a very happy and loveing relationship, both online and offline biggrin but its true you should know the person for who they are, not for who you dream them up to be.

heart heart heart for Vitozini

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces