Welcome to Gaia! ::

Toxic Hellhound

My mom tries to tell me I have to be home by 9pm, and I'm 20!! And I have a sister who's 15 who comes home from parties at sometimes 2am or 3am, and she gets no scolding or ANYTHING from it. Absolutely ridiculous. Luckily I have a dad who thinks otherwise, so I can come home at 2am if I want, and not get any crap from it...
Since your boyfriend's dad is so level-headed,get him to help you and your B.F with her. I think she's just afraid of losing her son to an 'outsider',in this case,you.

4,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
Thanks for your guys' support. 3nodding

Reivena: I'm afraid to get too involved in this situation. If she finds out about me trying to have her get help - which she would, since her husband, although logical, is whipped - she would be furious. The best I could do is talk to Dan about it, and possibly have Dan talk to his Dad. I couldn't be there, though. If I was involved in that, she'd really hate me.

Toxic Hellhound

sakanaya
Thanks for your guys' support. 3nodding

Reivena: I'm afraid to get too involved in this situation. If she finds out about me trying to have her get help - which she would, since her husband, although logical, is whipped - she would be furious. The best I could do is talk to Dan about it, and possibly have Dan talk to his Dad. I couldn't be there, though. If I was involved in that, she'd really hate me.
Yeah, that would probably be the best. I can't say anything to my mom either about her moods, or she absolutely snaps at me.
try to hang out with his mother more or tell dan and u to move away

paladin140's Wife

We have similar problems. My bf's mom doesn't swear or yell but she very much dislikes me and is trying to split us up. He can't phone me, e-mail me or see me unless she says. So I can only talk to him for like 15 min a week on the phone and see him for 2 and a half hours.

Anyway, I think you should try and sit down and have a talk with her. Find out exactly why she doesn't like you. Anyway, I pmed you, hopefully we can both sort this out.
neither does mine...LOL
Well.Talk to her.Ehh...Maybe not.Look listen to these guys above and whatever...
Wow. I'm glad my mom isn't like that. My mom is the kind of person who just feeds me and supports me when I need it, but otherwise is off reading a book or working. Okay, well that's not helping. Is she Portugese? xp Sorry. In my area, there are a lot of Portugese and black people. The black people are always like "It's so good to meet you!" and then you meet the Portugese parents and they're like "If you hurt my son/daughter, I'LL STAB YOU IN THE FACE!"

Er.... that's not helping either. Anyway, you should have a talk with her and try to find out why she hates you. If she can't tell you a valid reason for disliking you, talk to her son and husband while she isn't around, like most people suggested. Hopefully, her husband is able to get her to see a counselor. Mental Mom xd
I guess his mother is just one of the mother who is overprotective of her son. One point or another, Dan must stand up for himself. Afterall, he's over 18 years of age now, he should be able to make his own decisions and hopefully responsibly.
Perhaps you should start treating her mom nicely, even though she treats you badly. Afterall, if you guys are planning to go all the way, she's going to be your in-law. Might as well try to make truce from now, eh?
Good luck

paladin140's Wife

stinez
I guess his mother is just one of the mother who is overprotective of her son. One point or another, Dan must stand up for himself. Afterall, he's over 18 years of age now, he should be able to make his own decisions and hopefully responsibly.
Perhaps you should start treating her mom nicely, even though she treats you badly. Afterall, if you guys are planning to go all the way, she's going to be your in-law. Might as well try to make truce from now, eh?
Good luck

Its not that easy. If they decide they don't like you, there really isn't much you can do to change their mind. Not very much help I know but I'm in a similar situation as I said.
She sounds just like he described her: Mean and evil. You seem to have her figured out too. She's probably never happy with anything. As long as you're happy with Dan, then stick with him, but try to spend as much time away from his mother as possible. He is his own person now, so it's not like his mom can forbid him from dating you.
And it seems like his father has no problem with you, so that's a plus.
u should care more about ur parents than his
Though this may be hard just keep trying to be nice to her. From what you said she really sounds:Evil and mean. I think she is afraid to let go of her son. Maybe after some time she'll realize she'll have to let go(a little bit) and to accept you for who you are wink But um...by the sounds of it doesn't sound like for a while that will happen though sweatdrop Look at it this way at least one of the parents are reasonable..
his mommys a pycopath, eek push her off a cliff blaugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces