Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm stressing over a soon to be longER distance relationship. Right now he's 3 hrs.(luckily in the same state), away and soon (sooner than soon) he'll be off to Hawaii. the last time he was out of state was less than two years ago for boot camp and i was not handling it well. i'm worried i'll regress to that when he goes... O it sucked! crying

MAiN Q: long distance relationships and how to deal? Or anything else positive
heart

Liberal Sex Symbol

You pretty much have to have faith and confidence in yourself and the relationship, if you don't it's doomed.

My girlfriend lives 50mi (1hr) from me, but considering we've both been so busy, she might as well live in Alaska.
Inscriven
You pretty much have to have faith and confidence in yourself and the relationship, if you don't it's doomed.

My girlfriend lives 50mi (1hr) from me, but considering we've both been so busy, she might as well live in Alaska.

thanks for the advice... that sucks about you and you gf. i know how that goes

nuGen Staff Snowfriend

800 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
Let's see... I'm planning to move to FL to go to a cheaper school while my bf will be here in TX. Besides the fact that we won't get to see each other, I don't think anything else matters. We are both loners in the sense that we are happy to sit in opposite rooms for hours on end and we both are very social when we go out but don't go out alot. So, if your relationship is like that (we've been together for almost 4 years, though), I wouldn't worry about anything. Distance will only make your relationship stronger.
Well, you have to believe in your relationship and your boyfriend. That's all you can really do. If the move is going to be somewhat perment; you could get a job and save up money to buy a plane ticket to go out there to see him.

nuGen Staff Snowfriend

800 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
x BlackOut x
Well, you have to believe in your relationship and your boyfriend. That's all you can really do. If the move is going to be somewhat perment; you could get a job and save up money to buy a plane ticket to go out there to see him.

Nope. It says she's a college student. (Why do most people assume other people don't have jobs anyway?) Every single penny she has is going into buying brandnew books when the used books are being made anymore because the publishers got smart and started putting out new versions every year.
Me and my fiance live about 8 hours away from each other. I see him when ever I can, in my half terms etc. and he comes and sees me. We talk on the phone and internet all the time and I think we are a lot closer by being apart (If that makes sense xp ) As long as you love each other and are dedicated to each other and trust each other everything should be fine. Youve heard the phrase distance makes the heart grow fonder right? Well, it really is true. It may be hard to start off with, but it will get easier and itll make your time together that much more special. Good luck hun, and stay strong.
Long distance relationships can definetly work, as long as both people are committed to making it work. I'm currently in a VERY long distance relationship-my fiance is in Canada, while I'm in the Netherlands, working. I've been here for nine months now and won't be with him again until August 5. I'm the first to admit it's the hardest thing I've ever done, being apart from him for so long, but it is doable. Keep your head up-if you really love each other, you can do it!
My ex lived in LA while I lived in Hong Kong (China) and it's about 11 hours time difference...yeah, didn't work. u_u
how long will he be in hawai'i? Is he moving there? If you really like/love him, your love will endure through this. Personally, I'm not big on distance-dating, but it does work for some people. Maybe you're one of them, and maybe you're not. And listen to athena, she's smart.
I had a long distance relationship, it didn't work out, we missed seeing each other so we are friends now, with a chance of goin out if he moves back to the us.
Hay if you can't hack being apart from eachother then your relationship is down the pan anyway. I am in a long distance relationship. My love lives 8 hours away. Yes I do miss her as I can't see her for 7weeks at a time and when we do we only get a week together. But my love knows no distance for her. If you break up because of stupid little things then you shouldn't have a relation in the first place.
I have a long distance relationship too.
Well, I consider it long distance.
But it's nothing compaired to you people.
They can work out, but they need patience.
I've been 1,000 miles long distance from my fiance for 2 years. We make it work. Gotta love free long distance after 9 pm.
You might be able to find some helpful articles at iVillage.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff