Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Lunatic

My question is... is it possible to feel lonely even if people are around you?

To be honest its making depressed..

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Yes. It is possible. There are many others who feel like so, including myself.

Well the good thing is you're not lonely anymore~

Lonely Lunatic

Reiko Iwamaru

I have some wonderful friends on gaia and irl. But no matter what or who. I just cant stop feeling down or lonely. And because of that i feel as if i cant give them the friendship they deserve. Idk iv been sick all day. Its given me time to think.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
oClyde
Reiko Iwamaru

I have some wonderful friends on gaia and irl. But no matter what or who. I just cant stop feeling down or lonely. And because of that i feel as if i cant give them the friendship they deserve. Idk iv been sick all day. Its given me time to think.

It's normal feeling like that. I'm in the same position as you are: nice people who are wonderful whom I can call "friends", but I can't help but feel the opposite of joy and feel like they don't deserve my friendship.

So it's alright, but first we need to dig up roots together: are there any "factors" you think that might contribute to these feelings?

Lonely Lunatic

Reiko Iwamaru
oClyde
Reiko Iwamaru

It's normal feeling like that. I'm in the same position as you are: nice people who are wonderful whom I can call "friends", but I can't help but feel the opposite of joy and feel like they don't deserve my friendship.

So it's alright, but first we need to dig up roots together: are there any "factors" you think that might contribute to these feelings?

What do you mean?

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
oClyde
Reiko Iwamaru
oClyde
Reiko Iwamaru

What do you mean?

Factors in life that contributed to making you feel like so for the moment.

For example, when someone is bullied, they might experience some depression from the heavy harassment, or when a person survives a rape they might experience some PTSD.

It's factors like that or similar to that that contribute to making us feel this way now. Can you think of anything?

Lonely Lunatic

Reiko Iwamaru
oClyde
Reiko Iwamaru
oClyde
Reiko Iwamaru

What do you mean?

For example, when someone is bullied, they might experience some depression from the heavy harassment, or when a person survives a rape they might experience some PTSD.

It's factors like that or similar to that that contribute to making us feel this way now. Can you think of anything?

Well my brain works wierd. I dont really wanna say what i mean. But i can say its like having a radio in your but all it tells you is people hate you. Not only that but all my life people have hated me and treated me like crap.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
oClyde
Reiko Iwamaru
oClyde
Reiko Iwamaru
oClyde
Reiko Iwamaru

What do you mean?

Well my brain works wierd. I dont really wanna say what i mean. But i can say its like having a radio in your but all it tells you is people hate you. Not only that but all my life people have hated me and treated me like crap.

Ah.. I see. That sucks man. emotion_hug

That's basically a factor you listed: people loathing on you and treating you bad is why you're feeling like this. I feel the same way you do, but in this case I got bullied by my own family members. :/

Well you just admitted a factor that fuels the problem, now all that's left is to take a sip of tea (or a drink of your favorite/choice) and talk about the issue. ^ ^ Talking about the problem is one way to help yourself understand the problem better and what can be done to have it fixed. smile

I don't mean to ask such a rude question but...what is your age? Are you in high-school? College? Neither? If yes to high school or college, you can contact a counselor there and confide in them for the help. If no to one or both, you can always contact the counselor of either or speak with a therapist. smile

You can also confide to your friends on how you feel. They're your friends, so I'm very certain they will understand and help you. biggrin I'm here to do the same and help! emotion_hug

Lonely Lunatic

Reiko Iwamaru
oClyde
Reiko Iwamaru
oClyde
Reiko Iwamaru

What do you mean?

That's basically a factor you listed: people loathing on you and treating you bad is why you're feeling like this. I feel the same way you do, but in this case I got bullied by my own family members. :/

Well you just admitted a factor that fuels the problem, now all that's left is to take a sip of tea (or a drink of your favorite/choice) and talk about the issue. ^ ^ Talking about the problem is one way to help yourself understand the problem better and what can be done to have it fixed. smile

I don't mean to ask such a rude question but...what is your age? Are you in high-school? College? Neither? If yes to high school or college, you can contact a counselor there and confide in them for the help. If no to one or both, you can always contact the counselor of either or speak with a therapist. smile

You can also confide to your friends on how you feel. They're your friends, so I'm very certain they will understand and help you. biggrin I'm here to do the same and help! emotion_hug

My family is the rsason why.. my mother especially. And i cant burden my friends with my. problems.. Anyways i have to go soon. Thanks for answering my question. I appreciate it .

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Definitely possible. I struggled with that all through high school. I sometimes feel that way at home too.

It's hard bc I've kind of grown distant from my friends, and my boyfriend is my only actual best friend at the moment. confused

Masterful Dabbler

12,075 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Unfortunately that is just another type of loneliness.

Lonely Lunatic

Reiko Iwamaru

I didnt thank you like i should have and i apologise. I had to go. Anyways i appreciate your help. Thought i should tell you this..

Friendly Lunatic

oClyde
My question is... is it possible to feel lonely even if people are around you?

To be honest its making depressed..

I feel lonely all the time, even when I'm with people I love and care about. Although I struggle with anxiety, depression, bi-polar, and PTSD. Dunno about your situation but if you suffer from any of those or something else it could be why you feel that way.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
oClyde
Reiko Iwamaru
oClyde
Reiko Iwamaru
oClyde
Reiko Iwamaru

What do you mean?

My family is the rsason why.. my mother especially. And i cant burden my friends with my. problems.. Anyways i have to go soon. Thanks for answering my question. I appreciate it .

Oh wow...you too? I know that feeling, but your friends are there for you. smile I feel the same way, but I sometimes open up to them and I've come to realize that opening up to them not only brings you closer to the friend, but the friend is there to help you and give a shoulder to lean on so you feel a little less lonely.

You're welcome. ^ ^ Hope life goes on smoother for you smile

Lonely Lover

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Yes it is possible! Often times during the summer I fell into a really lonely slump because I wasn't doing much and nobody was making any plans with me. I believe that most people need an amount of social stimulation, and so long as that's not being satisfied, it really doesn't matter how many people surround you-- you're not communicating with them enough. And it's tough, because everyone nowadays seems content with brief texts or IMs or Facebook likes, which really doesn't satisfy much. Sometimes I get downright depressed or stressed out because I just want to carry a conversation with someone, even a stranger! And I'm not a full extrovert either-- I'm pretty average socially. So don't worry so much. You are entirely normal and many people, at least at some point, can relate to you. I just try to communicate as much as possible with the friends I got-- try to make plans, start conversations. Eventually you should get out of this slump. emotion_bigheart emotion_hug

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff