Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I had my foot near my dogs foot and I have an open wound on my foot and I noticed she had a pink bumpy thing on her paw. It looks like a skin tag, but what if it was really a bite from a rabid animal and what if my wound came in contact from it could I get rabies since there could be still saliva if it is a bite? I don't think my foot actually touched it, but what if it did? And my dog has a rabies shot so she wouldn't get it, but that doesn't matter if my cut came in contact with the rabid animals saliva on the bite! Please what should I do I am freaking out! And my parents are being no help they don't believe me and won't take me to a doctor!

Feral Autobiographer

Google your local hospital or doctors office and ask to speak to a doctor or nurse practitioner. Tell them what you just posted and see what they say. Unless someone here is a doctor there isn't much we can do. So I would recommend making a few calls and sterilize the wound in the meantime.

Timid Lunatic

Ah, for once my own anxiety comes in handy.

Rabies is a very weak virus. It doesn't survive for very long in the open air. It also has only a small window where it becomes contagious. Furthermore, humans are actually somewhat immune to rabies, even after known exposure.

But more to the point, it is very, very unlikely that your dog had any sort of contact with a rabid animal. It's barely even possible to transfer rabies in the way you're describing; the wound would have to be fresh and covered in saliva and then rubbed directly into your own wound within a couple of hours of when the supposed bite occurred.

You are absolutely fine, I promise. I know how scary health anxieties can be, but you are not going to get rabies.

II Earl Grey II's Darling

Your fine.... Stop worrieing.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
XXxxElectric_RainbowXXxx
So I had my foot near my dogs foot and I have an open wound on my foot and I noticed she had a pink bumpy thing on her paw. It looks like a skin tag, but what if it was really a bite from a rabid animal and what if my wound came in contact from it could I get rabies since there could be still saliva if it is a bite? I don't think my foot actually touched it, but what if it did? And my dog has a rabies shot so she wouldn't get it, but that doesn't matter if my cut came in contact with the rabid animals saliva on the bite! Please what should I do I am freaking out! And my parents are being no help they don't believe me and won't take me to a doctor!

Go to the doctor or even emergency asap to get a rabies vaccine. They are 99.9999999999~% fatal. Only one person in history has survived from an induced and risky coma.

Read the post more, you're probably fine and worrying for nothing.

Thirteenth Bilge rat

29,025 Points
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
~~

You'll be fine, love. Go see a doctor just in case. Also to get that treated!

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
If your really concern, go right now. There is no cure and you will die if not caught early. I dont think you have it based on what you told everyone, but i rather be safe than sorry.
And im not trying to scare you. I would just get checked anyway.

Dedicated Gaian

12,725 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
If you are really that concerned then the best thing would to go to your doctor and get a shot. I think it is unlikely that you have rabies but to be safe get it checked out.

Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces