Welcome to Gaia! ::

This girl, let's call her Nari, has been my friend for over one year. We share the same name and similar features but she's the smart, better looking, cheerful one. All the guys like and chase her over the internet. She's pretty much 'perfect'. In comparison, I might slightly chubbier, I am loud, crazy, awkward but very self conscious.

Seeing that we get along, i decided to introduce her to my friends. My friends and I have met through a game and been together for three years. Our conversations were pretty much filled up with random laughter. Ever since Nari had come along, I feel like I've been left out. Like today when I was skyping with them, Nari told me that she married them and they belong to her. What the ********? I know I sound really clingy but I felt left out and slightly uncomfortable that even thought that she has known them for a short while, she has built a closer bond with them? I also feel as if their conversation goes longer than when I talk to them.

And then, she remembers their birthdays too. I know this excuse doesn't work but I don't remember anyone's exact birthday date. Only their months. Heck, I don't even remember my parent's birthdays but I still celebrate it if it arrives. I've been rubbed in the face for that and now she's planning to buy a table for one of the friends. We both just graduated Highschool and the friends are coming over for the holiday. And since it's nearly Christmas, we all are planning to do secret santa. Now I'm constantly worried that my present isn't even compatible to theirs because I can't afford a tablet or an electronic product.

Finally, last night, we were talking to a new friend. We only knew him for a few weeks and recently, he broke up with his girlfriend. We were in a group chat and he was telling us about how his love life sucked. I tried cheering him up but Nari was constantly telling him to sleep. By the time he finished, we had to go but he told Nari that if she went to sleep, he would sleep too. I was thinking, Hellooo? I'm here too...

I know I may sound too clingy or stupid, but I just don't feel like I'm part of the group anymore. I'm also scared to talk to them or break their bonds. I'm nervous that when they come, they will only have fun with each other and I will be at the back just sitting there doing nothing. Please help sad

((Updated))
Maybe they are just getting to know her, I know I do that. Try to know as much about a person as possible in the lest amount of time. I am sure that if they really are your friends it will even out soon.
dbdarkseeker
Maybe they are just getting to know her, I know I do that. Try to know as much about a person as possible in the lest amount of time. I am sure that if they really are your friends it will even out soon.

I hope so. Right now, in group chats, I am mostly ignored and just when I left and said good night at the same time as my friend, they said good night to her. I just...Want to get involved too...I also want to know more about them as well despite knowing them for a fair amount of time.
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker

I hope so. Right now, in group chats, I am mostly ignored and just when I left and said good night at the same time as my friend, they said good night to her. I just...Want to get involved too...I also want to know more about them as well despite knowing them for a fair amount of time.

I don't mean this in a bad way, so please don't take me the wrong way, but you said you are ' loud, crazy, awkward' so I assume that means you do most of the talking in any conversation. Maybe you really just need to take a brake and listen. It is surprising how much you can learn about someone when you just watch them for a little bit. So you might want to take this time to watch an learn from the interactions they have with each other.
dbdarkseeker
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker

I don't mean this in a bad way, so please don't take me the wrong way, but you said you are ' loud, crazy, awkward' so I assume that means you do most of the talking in any conversation. Maybe you really just need to take a brake and listen. It is surprising how much you can learn about someone when you just watch them for a little bit. So you might want to take this time to watch an learn from the interactions they have with each other.

I don't take it offensively and I appreciate that you brought this up. I hope I'm not changing the story but when I talk to my friends, we equally talk to each other except I answer it in a very loudly manner. In comparison to Nari, she is make the chat scroll bar smaller within minutes. I guess you are right in some way. I do like to talk myself. I would learn how she interacts with them but not when she's rubs the insults to my face.
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker

I don't take it offensively and I appreciate that you brought this up. I hope I'm not changing the story but when I talk to my friends, we equally talk to each other except I answer it in a very loudly manner. In comparison to Nari, she is make the chat scroll bar smaller within minutes. I guess you are right in some way. I do like to talk myself. I would learn how she interacts with them but not when she's rubs the insults to my face.

Then maybe Nari isn't a real friend. I know I can be rude and blunt but I make sure the people I do that to know it is a joke or that I am not meaning to offend.
dbdarkseeker
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker

Then maybe Nari isn't a real friend. I know I can be rude and blunt but I make sure the people I do that to know it is a joke or that I am not meaning to offend.

And worse because I can't tell if I'm sensitive and she's joking or she's really insulting me. neutral
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker

And worse because I can't tell if I'm sensitive and she's joking or she's really insulting me. neutral

Tell her how you feel and if she says 'it was only a joke your way to sensive' or any thing about that line then you might want to consider not being friends.....
candy curls
Have you thought about getting a real life and real friends? Stop being so clingy.

Nari is my real life friend and I'm also considering my other friends as real life since we're going to hang out during December.
dbdarkseeker
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker

Tell her how you feel and if she says 'it was only a joke your way to sensive' or any thing about that line then you might want to consider not being friends.....

Alright, I'll consider that. And just a stupid question, how can I tell if it's right to he friends with her once i tell her?
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker

Alright, I'll consider that. And just a stupid question, how can I tell if it's right to he friends with her once i tell her?

If she keeps going the way she is and ignoring you or being mean to you or both that is when you should start cutting it off.
dbdarkseeker
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker

If she keeps going the way she is and ignoring you or being mean to you or both that is when you should start cutting it off.

You've been great help. Thank you!
Well, I'm going to sleep now. More advice is appreciated! Good night.
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker
ItGoesMoo
dbdarkseeker

You've been great help. Thank you!

No problem. ^_^ I am good at solveing other's problems. Give me a holer if you need help. ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff