Welcome to Gaia! ::

heart I've come to a bit of a stuck point in my life, and before you scream 'boys' i'm going to say it for you...so...
BOYS!!!

But, anyhoo, the problem arouse when i became close to a male friend of mine, whilst already dating.

Whore, you're thinking, but read on...

Me and my BGBFF (i.e my manfriend) confessed our love to each other and things turned sour in my romantic relationship.

What my boyfriend didn't seem to understand, was that i have no sexual affections for him (my friend) at all, he's my friend, a close friend, a very close friend, but that doesn't mean just because i say 'love' means i want to go bang him...

So i got dumped, last night, because apparently i'm a vicious puppeteer who 'fancied him all along'

I had to get that out, sorry, but feel free to comment
Go bang him then. 3nodding
Lazy_Erik
Go bang him then. 3nodding

heart I don't WANT to bang him, he's my friend,my bestest girliest bestest friend forever
I know how that is. I was in a similar circumstance when I was with my ex. I have a male friend, who is bi, and we're very close. I love him, he loves me, deep love, blah blah blah. But, the thing is, we'd never do anything together sexually, and we'd never date. It's not "that" kind of love. Well, my now ex boyfriend, would get jealous, pissy, blah blah blah about it anytime I brought him up. Some men are just stupid. *Shrugs* If he couldn't understand the situation, then maybe you're just better off without him. heart
Punish
I know how that is. I was in a similar circumstance when I was with my ex. I have a male friend, who is bi, and we're very close. I love him, he loves me, deep love, blah blah blah. But, the thing is, we'd never do anything together sexually, and we'd never date. It's not "that" kind of love. Well, my now ex boyfriend, would get jealous, pissy, blah blah blah about it anytime I brought him up. Some men are just stupid. *Shrugs* If he couldn't understand the situation, then maybe you're just better off without him. heart

heart I'm glad you understand me, he used to get so pissy everytime i mentioned a guys name and he'd always have some s**t about them
ok lets look at the terms of 'love' in this situation:

love for your male friend-a close dear friend. nothing romantic or sexualy behind it. maybe seen as almost a brother to you, correct?
love for your bf-romantic based. you may want to become sexually intimate with our bf and be romantic together, correct?

if so then it sounds like confusion between the terms and how your bf interpretted them. you could explain the meanings of 'i love you' for your friend and him, that is if you want to get back the relationship you two had. jealousy may have shown its ugly head to your bf becuase you have a close male friend.
if he doesn't want to understand or doesn't care, forget him. theres someone better out there for you
angelofstrength

love for your male friend-a close dear friend. nothing romantic or sexualy behind it. maybe seen as almost a brother to you, correct?
love for your bf-romantic based. you may want to become sexually intimate with our bf and be romantic together, correct?

if so then it sounds like confusion between the terms and how your bf interpretted them. you could explain the meanings of 'i love you' for your friend and him, that is if you want to get back the relationship you two had. jealousy may have shown its ugly head to your bf becuase you have a close male friend.
if he doesn't want to understand or doesn't care, forget him. theres someone better out there for you

heart Thanks but for my friend it was more...girly, like, y'know...BFF and all that s**t
Bunny_Miu
angelofstrength

heart Thanks but for my friend it was more...girly, like, y'know...BFF and all that s**t

lol i no smile i was trying to show the differences between the loves of friends and boyfriends. no big
angelofstrength
Bunny_Miu
angelofstrength

lol i no smile i was trying to show the differences between the loves of friends and boyfriends. no big

heart Thanks but yeah, it was misunderstanding
that guy was feeling jealous. Thats all. Your mostlikely better of without him. Stick with your friend. Who knows maybe later on he might become more thatn a friend.
Talk to your manfriend about it and figure things out. Dating your best friend could get really awkward or work out perfectly. Depends on the people. If you like him, date him and if you don't, then don't. It's your choice.
He is just jeaouls
He'll get over it.
Street Sign.
Talk to your manfriend about it and figure things out. Dating your best friend could get really awkward or work out perfectly. Depends on the people. If you like him, date him and if you don't, then don't. It's your choice.

heart I don't WANT to date him!

Familiar Explorer

6,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
I've been in that situation before.

It is easy to understand that there are many meanings to the words "I love you", but sometimes they are hard to understand when you saying "I love you" to two different people.

Your (ex)boyfriend should have given you the chance to explain and should have taken the chance himself to see what you meant by it. Instead, he jumped to a conclusion and rested on it as fact without giving anyone a chance.

All I can say is, if he jumped away from you that easily without giveing you a chance, then he is not worth it. You will have other bf's in the furtue, you know that. Go ahead and take your time to be sad, upset, angry, and get it all out. But eventually, you need to move on. Remember to keep doing normal things (work, school, friends) and so on. If people ask you what happened, then tell them. If they'd rather believe rumores, then oh well, let them. The truth always comes out in the end and they will be the foolish ones.
Unless your friend is gay he wants to sleep with you. Trust me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff