Welcome to Gaia! ::

my... urm... friend is a pyro. she takes lighters and burns her arms and legs. im really worried that something might happen but i cant stop her. can someone give me advice.pleeeez and please dont flame. i really need help on this subject.
She burns her arms and legs?

******** hell, she sounds like a bloody nutter.
yeah she does and its really bad and her arms are all scared.
ninjamunkee
yeah she does and its really bad and her arms are all scared.
Holy hell. Run away before she blows you all to kingdom come. I'm not even joking here. Anyone who burns themselves because they are a pyro is honestly disturbed in a very serious way.
Ummm, actaully, she might not be a pyro and she's not insane. I've heard of people who instead of cutting themselves (or they'll use both...) will burn themselves. Though I've never met anyone who burned themself, I've know plenty of people who've cut themselves. You need to talk to her, find out what's wrong.
Orphica
Ummm, actaully, she might not be a pyro and she's not insane. I've heard of people who instead of cutting themselves (or they'll use both...) will burn themselves. Though I've never met anyone who burned themself, I've know plenty of people who've cut themselves. You need to talk to her, find out what's wrong.

We call these people Masochist (sp?) Not much you can do except put them in a straight jacket. Im not kidding either. If they want to do this to themselves, you either force them to stop, or they keep doing it.

8,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
You'll need to tell someone...like a counselor or a hotline or something...it's a serious problem that a professional should handle.
yea i guess thanks all of yall for the advice.
Your friend needs some professional help.
im gonnna try talking to her mom or my mom about it so she can get help.
Sange
Orphica

We call these people Masochist (sp?) Not much you can do except put them in a straight jacket. Im not kidding either. If they want to do this to themselves, you either force them to stop, or they keep doing it.

They're not Masochists. (well, maybe a little, to an extent, because I suppose you must be to be able to.) I wouldn't consider my best friend ready for a straight jacket, not by a long shot. They've got problems, problems that they don't know how to fix, problems that just hurt, so they need some other type of hurt, or, maybe like anorexics, need control. Yes, I'm talking from experience. You "cut away the pain."

Once I read this quote "I hurt myself on the outside to kill the thing on the inside." It doesn't make sense until it happens to you. Yes, they have problems, but it's not what you think.

They need help and understanding, not to be locked up. We used to do things like that, lock people up in disgusting "hospitals" or worse, perform labotomies. It solves nothing. People don't just up and decide one day "hey! I think I'll burn my arm!" There is a reason and it needs to be helped.
where do you get all of this information? i need to look it up or ask a doctor or somethin cause im completly clueless to the whole subject.
ninjamunkee
where do you get all of this information? i need to look it up or ask a doctor or somethin cause im completly clueless to the whole subject.
A library could help.
ninjamunkee

Me? Personal experience and an essay I had to write for English this past year. I think I searched "self-injury" under Google. I'd give you a link to a great site, but it's not saved on this computer. -.- But if you'd like to know more, you can search for it. Or just PM me. =D
It's probably best to get her to talk to a professional. They have experience in this kind of thing and they'll know what to do

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff