Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sugary Cat

Hi there Gaians.
A few minutes ago my boyfriend and I found a wounded Dunnock in our garden. It flew against the window (the window has a bird imprint on it lol). Does anyone know what to do? We put the animal in a bowl to chill but we cant go to the vet (no car and the vet is closed) and I dont know if my boyfriend is too happy letting the bird stay overnight. I am not too fond of the little creature getting eaten by a cat or fox. What to do confused ?
Look up some things online about the animal and how to care for it. I would keep it for the night if its still injured and you cant take it anywhere. Are there any wildlife reserves where you live? You should check. If not, just take it to the vet in the morning or ask someone else if maybe they would be able to. Just make sure it has the proper care for now. smile

Sugary Cat

-Nariko- xD
Look up some things online about the animal and how to care for it. I would keep it for the night if its still injured and you cant take it anywhere. Are there any wildlife reserves where you live? You should check. If not, just take it to the vet in the morning or ask someone else if maybe they would be able to. Just make sure it has the proper care for now. smile
Thank you. I am not sure. The nearest one is probably an hour drive away. It tried to hop away but theres clearly something up with it. I'll see if we have a cool plqce where we can put it. I never had to take care of an animal like this.

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image ζɑʂɦʊɾȉ Ҁɦɑɳ User Image

ASPCA?

Sugary Cat

My boyfriend and dad decided it's good to let the animal go outside. It still can't fly and it's still hopping around. Oh well .. solved I guess confused

Kitten

Think of all the things you could of been bringing in the house. Honestly if something was wrong with it is probably better to let nature run it's course

Spoopy Kitten

Dont leave it outside ;A; </3

Taking care of animals, specially birds, is pretty easy. Assuming it has an injured wing but not a broken wing, you would just need to house it overnight. If you had a cage, you couldve put it in there. Or even a box with or without the lid - make sure it could still breathe though. Find out what it eats and give it some food. A small lid or bowl full of shallow water would be good too for water
This happens to me all the time, we have a window that you can see straight through to the conservatory so birds often fly into it.
It will be stunned and may appear to be in a pretty bad way, but eventually they right themselves and go about their way. Sometimes they die (unfortunately this happened once to me) but usually they're just stunned or knocked out.
Bringing it inside unnecessarily will only make it more distressed.
If it's hopping around it's defo on it's way to recovery, so I wouldn't worry too much!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff