Welcome to Gaia! ::

i've been going through something similar.

i've tried everything (it's been over five years since we were together).. and have come to the conclusion that the only way i can get him to leave me alone is to make him hate me. but at this point that's probably bad advice. if that person still cares about you, ask him/her to respect that you need distance right now. don't beat around the bush, be blunt and honest and coherent. if he/she is still insistent, then yeah, block/defriend him/her everywhere. or take a break from social networks.
Tell them that if they value a certain body part than to back the ******** off

Dapper Millionaire

"******** off" and block them on everything. Let them know if they persist to contact you any further, that you have no qualms about contacting the authorities for harassment, because in reality, if they continue to try and talk to you when you've asked them to stop, can be considered harassment.
Pirate Captain Sushi
Annoyance issue here. Generally don't like to discuss personal issues over the internet, but I'm tired, bored. irritated, and could use a good laugh from a few of the troll answers that come from here. Also realistic advice would be helpful ish... I guess. Whatever.
My old ex (RL ex, not an internet relationship) who dumped me months ago keeps randomly contacting online as if everything is alright, acting chummy and s**t.
I hold a grudge against them for booting me out of the relationship, went through months of self torture (nothing truly physical or anything, pure emotional bullshit), all that crap.
They've made it horribly clear (recently too) that they have no intention of getting back together with me.
They're crawling up to me for attention though, bored as s**t and acting like I'm someone they can rely on for help or a friendly face.
I've made it painfully obvious I can't just be their friend and they need to get off my back.
Old stalker/touchy feely tendencies cause me to lurk on their internet s**t too, putting me back in a cycle of self-torture. Reviewing old pictures together, restoring old memories.

I don't want to see their face. I don't want to hear anything from them. I don't even want to THINK of them.
I'm a blunt person too, so the obvious has been said on my part.
What do?

You have the right to choose your own friends. If you've told your ex plainly, "I don't want to be friends, please don't contact me again," your ex needs to respect your wishes and cease contacting you.

However, you need to do your part and avoid any type of contact, however indirect, with your ex. If you say, "I'm uninterested in being friends. Don't contact me again" BUT you make a point of lurking in the person's social media or whatever -- and your ex KNOWS it -- you're sending mixed messages and your ex may genuinely believe you wish to keep some type of relationship.

Examine your own motives. Are you sure you're not "visiting" your ex on the internet so that your ex can approach you, only so you can reject the friendly overtures? Perhaps give the person a taste of their own medicine?

Chances are if you cut off all contact with this person, you won't hear from the person again. Problem solved. If you cut off all contact and the person pursues you, call the police.

Ladykiller

Step 1: Keep all evidence of your conversations and of you telling them to leave you alone.
Step 2: Threaten them with the popo if they ever message you again.
Step 3: Call the popo on them anyway.

High-functioning Lunatic

18,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Pirate Captain Sushi
Annoyance issue here. Generally don't like to discuss personal issues over the internet, but I'm tired, bored. irritated, and could use a good laugh from a few of the troll answers that come from here. Also realistic advice would be helpful ish... I guess. Whatever.
My old ex (RL ex, not an internet relationship) who dumped me months ago keeps randomly contacting online as if everything is alright, acting chummy and s**t.
I hold a grudge against them for booting me out of the relationship, went through months of self torture (nothing truly physical or anything, pure emotional bullshit), all that crap.
They've made it horribly clear (recently too) that they have no intention of getting back together with me.
They're crawling up to me for attention though, bored as s**t and acting like I'm someone they can rely on for help or a friendly face.
I've made it painfully obvious I can't just be their friend and they need to get off my back.
Old stalker/touchy feely tendencies cause me to lurk on their internet s**t too, putting me back in a cycle of self-torture. Reviewing old pictures together, restoring old memories.

I don't want to see their face. I don't want to hear anything from them. I don't even want to THINK of them.
What do?

Sounds to me the person is a major attention whore, and you are somehow inflating their ego, and ya need to stop. Block them on everything online, tell them they are a piece of crap, and to leave you the f*ck alone. Scream it if you have to, just get it done.

And about the old pictures......try burning them in a brown paper bag along with some dog turds on their front porch. Ring their doorbell before lighting the bag, and then stand back holding a poster that reads 'NEVER CONTACT ME AGAIN B*TCH'

.......lol I'm mean this early in the morning. biggrin
Pirate Captain Sushi

What do?

The only option I can think of, since you've already made it clear to them, is to ignore the person as best you can. If they come to you when they're bored or looking for something, you're free to ignore them, particularly if it's online. Just simply don't respond to the person and go about your business.

And if it happens in real life, just mention that you're in a rush while casually walking away, gazing at the distant horizon with your hair blowing in the wind. You don't even have to make eye contact with them.

But if the person does stop you and is about to say something, just softly put an index finger to their lips to hush them, and then gently say "Shh..." while you close their eyelids with your other hand. And then wander off into the distance.

Lonely Noob

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Oh lawd. I used to have the exact same problems. Especially hate it when they act like nothing's happen. I'll tell them to..

"******** off, I'm still butthurt from you dumping me so stay away from me. *Blocks/Ignores* "
You made it clear that you do not want to be a friend with them.
If they do not wish to respect that, force them to do so. Block them from your phone, from facebook and other ways they might be able to contact you.
Make them feel like s**t. Always works.

Romantic Entrepreneur

8,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Blatantly tell them to "******** Off."

7,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Block and ignore. If their emailing you, set it as junk mail.
but baby i love you.
cant we please just stay friends?
why are you doing this to me?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out